main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Madness Has Begun!: NCAA Basketball Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Dal--Intrepid, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 37X Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  2. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Saw that yesterday. Glad that he is out - no way he could be taken seriously next season.

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    And, Deshaun Thomas is going pro. I was holding out hope he'd come back, along side a Senior Aaron Craft and a more experienced LaQuinton Ross and help the Buckeyes take a shot at a title.

4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Rutgers' AD has indeed, resigned.

5. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    And, by accounts, a few big-time contributors to RU aren't happy that Pernetti was thrown overboard. The situation is far from over.

6. Kenneth Morgan

May 27, 1999
    But they aren't reporting that the guy who released the tape tried to get RU to pay him off to keep the video quiet. Or, if they are, it's being heavily downplayed.

7. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I don't know, I haven't watched ESPN since mid - afternoon.

8. Kenneth Morgan

May 27, 1999
  9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Just read that Gregg Marshall confirmed that UCLA contacted him before they hired Alford, and he turned them down. I think he will get a Brad Stevens-like deal in the next few days from Wichita State.

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Shaka Smart of VCU also turned them down and he's got his contract extened until 2023.

11. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    And four of IU's starters are leaving--two graduating, and two graduating early to go pro :(

12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    First AP Poll out:

1. Kentucky
    2. Michigan State
    3. Louisville
    4. Duke
    5. Kansas
    6. Arizona
    7. Michigan
    8 (t). Oklahoma St.
    8 (t). Syracuse
    10. Florida

11. Ohio St.
    12. UNC
    13. Memphis
    14. VCU
    15. Zaga
    16. Wichita St.
    17. Marquette
    18. UConn
    19. Oregon
    20. Wisconsin

21. Notre Dame
    22. UCLA
    23. New Mexico
    24. Virginia
    25. Baylor

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    So Kevin Ware returned to the court following his horrific leg break in the NCAA playoffs last night.

14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I give ESPN as much grief as anyone, but this annual 24 hour tipoff concept is brilliant. I ended up with today off and could watch live basketball at 7 AM! Awesome.

15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Nice day to have off, heels.

16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Not planned at all, Inty. [face_liarliar]

17. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    You know what would be fun to do tonight? Watch a couple of these top 10 matchups tonight, including a game played by my Blue Devils! :D

And you know what would suck? Having our first freak power outage in months and just sit here in the dark for hours instead. :(

18. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Wisconsin with a top 20 win, starting the season in the right direction.

19. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Duke losing by double digits to Kansas, starting the season in the wrong direction. :p

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    So this is a cool story.

Austin Hatch, a 19-year old who survived two plane crashes that killed both of his parents, and also two siblings, has committed to play for Michigan, and he says he feels "blessed."

21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Poor guy. From bad (two plane crashes) to worse (enrolling at TSUN) ...

jcgoble3 likes this.
  22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Huge win for Carolina today, beating Louisville could very well be the difference between a 2 or a 3 seed come tournament time.

Darth McClain likes this.
  23. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Wisconsin wins on the road vs Virginia in the Big 10 vs ACC challenge. Impressive start of the year for the Badgers.

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm still not quite to the point of acceptance that tonight's Ohio State - Maryland game is part of the ACC/B1G challenge, and next year it will be a B1G Conference game.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  25. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    It's going to take time—a long time—for me to get used to Maryland and Rutgers in the Big 10. I can't say I'm a fan of it, but it's all about the $.​
    Good win here for the Buckeyes, though.​