main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Madness Has Begun!: NCAA Basketball Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Dal--Intrepid, Nov 17, 2006.

1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Great win for Carolina last night too. Doesn't quite make up for UAB and Belmont, but it goes a long way.

2. lbr789

lbr789 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    Sometimes, I feel like I will never understand my Tar Heels . . . :p
    Wins over Louisville and Michigan State-and losses to UAB and Belmont. Even the announcers for last night's game were saying "There's just no way this makes sense!"

3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    We were sort of this way last year too- even though Texas doesn't sound as bad as Belmont, they were a junk team that ended up in the CBI, and they thumped us by double digits.

All about Syracuse and Duke this year. I think we match up well with Duke, Syracuse is another story. But we'll see.

4. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Wisconsin - Madison beats my college Wisconsin-Milwaukee tonight by 20 + points. I love my Badgers but I do have a soft spot for my Panthers. Love that they play this game.

5. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Pitino kicked Chane Behanan off the team after the UK game. He was suspended early in the season, but gone for good now. Big deal, he was a large part of that championship team.

6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Heck of a game in East Lansing tonight. A setback for Ohio State, yes, but a character building loss.

7. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Crazy good game. Wisconsin is gonna have a tuff time against those two.

8. OtakuJockJedi

OtakuJockJedi Jedi Knight

Jul 23, 2013
    I'm dreading George Mason's Atlantic-10 opener Thursday night against VCU, I've seen these guys play twice this season and Mediocre is really putting it mildly. After blowing a 17-point lead against South Florida and nearly blowing an 11-point lead to Penn, I have 0 confidence in this team to compete for a title this season. It really pisses me off because the team had the world at its feet after the 2006 final four run and the whole school from the president to the athletic director just seemed to take 0 advantage of what happened. New recruits have been marginally better but inconsistent, a new practice facility that was proposed NEVER got off the ground, and we were too cheap to pay the man that brought the basketball program out of its darkest period.

Now the team has a retread coach that has a penchant for blowing double digit leads (including a 24-point lead to NORTHEASTERN! last season). Wholly inconsistent players and a coach that doesn't really have a fiery personality to jump on the guys when they don't perform up to expectations. VCU just has so many weapons right now that I don't think Mason can hang with them....maybe they'll surprise me but right now I am not optimistic.

9. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    That's three straight losses for Carolina. Wake, Miami, and then at Syracuse. We are turning into an abysmal first half team, slowly but surely, and sit at the bottom of the conference alone with no wins.

Syracuse and Pitt are cleaning up so far- with Louisville joining the party next year, this division is going to be rivaling the best years of the Big East. Roy's got to get some better recruits in, or we are headed for a spell of mediocrity.

10. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    If it makes you feel better, Duke lost, too

11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    It certainly does.

12. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Another loss for the Buckeyes, too.

Can someone turn the sports calendar back to 12/1 and get me a series of mulligans?

13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I'll take a rewind to last Saturday at 4:34 PM.

14. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I ... I ... I have no words.

15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    We are terrible. No perimeter defense, especially now without Hairston. Beat MSU, UK, and UL, and we will be in the NIT without an act of God.

16. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Wisconsin with 2 loses in a row now.

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    What the ****?

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Rick Barnes is doing a terrific job this season, 6 straight wins for UT. Dominating performance today against KU, and he's winning big games with a very average roster. Easily COY in Big 12, should be up there with Sean Miller and Gregg Marshall in the national picture, too.

Great performance by Carolina today, we've got our own streak going now, 3 straight wins. Hard adjusting to the loss of Hairston on the perimeter, and we don't stand a chance against the Pitts, Syracuses, and probably Dook too - but we may make the tourney if we continue to rebound well and play within our small margin of error. And we need to win at home.

19. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Syracuse/Duke is going into OT.

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Ugh. Cuse can put these bums away with their top 2 out.

21. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    Our season is going to hell losing by 1 to tOSU at Home. We will end up like a #4 seed again after starting 16-0, I just hate Ohio State.

22. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Yeah Wisconsin doing the 7-8 min scoring droughts again. Never good.

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Duke is an outstanding team, as is Cuse. That was the best game I've seen in a long time.

24. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002

Your right, I love the hell out of my Alma Mater and care more about the games than I should. Losing at home is just not something we ever do
    and I honestly think we are the best home team in the Country……….and then this happens. I took a 2mg XANAX pill (MY LAST TILL MONDAY)
    We rolled teams like Florida who is up to #3 and now this garbage.

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    One of the biggest upsets of the last 10 years tonight - Boston College is a dreadful team, would struggle against the basement of mid-majors.

Just knocked off undefeated 'Cuse..at the Carrier Dome. They won't forget that one anytime soon.