main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Madness Has Begun!: NCAA Basketball Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Dal--Intrepid, Nov 17, 2006.

1. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Yeah, 3rd time ever that a team under .500 beat the #1 team on the road and the first time since the '50s or something.

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Awesome effort last night, very proud of my Heels. Up and down season to say the least, and we're not title contenders, but we should be able to get into the Sweet 16 with a favorable bracket.

[​IMG]

Also..did Duke win...DOT COM

Darth McClain likes this.
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I hope Cuse pulverizes Duke, in front of the worst fans in sports.

4. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    So proud of my team, 12 straight in the ACC after tonight. Lunardi has us as a 4 seed- when Hairston left, we were a long shot for the tournament.

Easily the best coaching job of Roy's career. Go Heels!

5. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Wisconsin back in the top 10.

6. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000

I'm really looking forward to Saturday's Carolina - Duke game. Things were a little dicey in the second half last night for the Heels, but I'm very glad that they pulled it out.

heels1785 likes this.
  7. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Outstanding, yet equally heartbreaking, piece on Dean Smith. I didn't know that the dementia had set in so badly.

Darth McClain likes this.
  8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
  9. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    5th row seats for Forida - Kentucky :D
    Go Gators!

10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    9 PM tonight!

[​IMG]

GO HEELS

11. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Should be a good game! Duke has plenty to play for, but so do the Heels.

12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Absolutely. A win could get us up to a 3 seed, assuming we win a few in the ACCT.

13. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Hey now. From 2003 to 2006, I was among the Cameron Crazies myself (and more recently, so was Rogue...Jedi)--so I object to being called the worst fans in sports!

14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Of course you know that doesn't apply to you, Rew. You have the Gamecock exemption, even though you were there pulling for the worst Dookie of all time, the master three point artist.

[​IMG]

Also, lol. SHOCKING. I bet they love the Red Sox and Manchester United, too.

15. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I'm more of a London Arsenal guy myself. :p

And oh god, the Dallas Cowboys. I probably hate the Cowboys more than the Tar Heels and Clemson Tigers!

heels1785 likes this.
  16. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    This isn't going well at all.

17. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Really? I think it's going swimmingly so far. :p

18. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
  19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Bad news - we lost. Jabari Parker is a great player, and will be making it rain for the wholesome fans of the 11-80 Utah Jazz next season. I'm a bitter loser. :p

Good news - we still get a bye in the ACCT. Likely will get the winner of Pitt vs. GaTech/ND, which is likely to be Pitt. We can win that game, which should guarantee a 4 seed in the NCAAs. Don't see us getting by UVA in the semis.

20. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I was a little disappointed in the result, but I wasn't surprised. I think a four seed would be pretty fair to this year's Heels.

21. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    University of Wisconsin Milwaukee baby!

My Alma-mater Dancing. Wooot! Woooooot!

22. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Well, that game sucked yesterday. Ohio State rallies from 16 down, takes a late lead, and then can't hit a free throw in the last three minutes or grab a key rebound, and then literally have the ball slip away from them as they attempt a game tying shot at the buzzer. And, M*ch*Gan, of all teams, end their six year run of making it to the B1G Title Game.

The good news? I won't bust my bracket this year by taking the Buckeyes too far. My only hope is a good draw to get to the second weekend.

23. darth_gersh

Feb 18, 2005
    Wisconsin Milwaukee over Nova

Heard it right here.

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Embarrassing year for selection committee. No way around it.

25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    RIP Lacey Holsworth, the little 8-year old who became best friends with Adreian Payne, Tom Izzo, and the whole Mich. State community while suffering from neuroblastoma, a particularly horrid form of cancer. Passed away last night.