main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Madness Has Begun!: NCAA Basketball Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Dal--Intrepid, Nov 17, 2006.

1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Bee-one-gee
    Bee-one-gee
    Bee-one-gee
    Bee-one-gee

LloydChristmas and PRENNTACULAR like this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Coming from the person in last place in the JC Bracket challenge..

I think MSU beats Duke. Duke had zero points from their shallow bench against the Zags, and showed vulnerabilities against Notre Dame in the ACC Tournament that, given a week, Tom Izzo can pick apart.

I think UK beat Wisconsin, but it will be another close one. And then I think UK will blow the doors off of MSU's cinderella run, but we'll all still praise the great Izzo and his men for making an incredible, unlikely run to the Final Four.

Also, this is my favorite commercial of the tournament:

3. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Wait, wait, I've been in last place this whole time, did I move up?

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I think you can still win if Wisconsin does. Points are weighted at the end.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    daypee wins:

[​IMG]

inty wins:

[​IMG]

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I don't think there's any combination of Kentucky winning at this point that doesn't have me winning.

7. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    If MSU beats Duke, Inty can beat you on a tiebreak.

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Really? I had him on all previous tiebreaks, so didn't think that would push him over.

9. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    The score of the final is the first tiebreak.

10. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Wisconsin wins I win.

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

False. Horsey has Duke winning their Final Four game, and you have Villanova -- so Duke wins and Wisc. wins, she beats you, sucka!

12. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Little angry bra?

heels1785 likes this.
  13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Tennessee looks like they're ready to pounce on Rick Barnes - even though he's got the reputation for choking in the tournament, he's one of the 5 best recruiters in the nation (Durant being the gem), and will likely elevate that Vols program well past their previous high-water mark with Bruce Pearl.

14. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    The SEC is apparently trying to get good at basketball. If Alabama can pull off their coup, watch out.

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

No, her bra is not little.

ma_petite likes this.
  16. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Another pretty easy win for Duke.....I'm feeling pretty good about their chances to take out the winner of this next game!

Rew likes this.
  17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    We're gonna hold you to that, cubman!

cubman987 likes this.
  18. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Ha that's fine, I've been saying they will win the whole time and picked them in all of my brackets, definitely not changing my mind now!!

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Good man. Stick by your team.

Rew and cubman987 like this.
  20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
  22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    That was one of the worst officiated games I've seen this tourney (and that says something) but even so, UK basically gave the game away with some stupid hero-balling in the last 6:00 of the game for... no real good reason. Whether that was Coach Cal's doing or whether the players just got overconfident, congrats to Wisconsin for moving on and I hope they lose 100 - 6 to Duke. :)

Rew and cubman987 like this.
  24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I imagine 95% of the world will be pulling for Wisconsin. Maybe 96%.

Between UK/Notre Dame and UK/Wisconsin, I think we saw 2 of the best 10 tournament games of the last 30 years in this tournament.

25. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    For real....there was about a 5 minute stretch where I think every call the officials made was the wrong one.

Should be a great title game! I'm going with Duke by 5 :)