main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The Madness Has Begun!: NCAA Basketball Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Dal--Intrepid, Nov 17, 2006.

1. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Holy crap. Wow.

dp4m likes this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I gotta say, that was about as nice a drawn-up play as Bryce Drew/Valpo in '98 vs. Ole Miss...

EDIT:
    I'm happy I get colors, but I am sad for your loss.

heels1785 likes this.
  4. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
  5. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    That was awesome

6. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Cue the crying Michael Jordan memes.

7. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    Once again sports tv's best reality show.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    [​IMG]

Seriously, though... mad loss for the Heels. What an end to a championship match up.

I, once again, went to the insane asylum of Villanova's campus to watch the match. If Philly decides to one day hoist a statue of Ryan Arcidiacono, I will be a donor.

heels1785 likes this.
  9. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Great ending to the game. Refing was suspect overall as a whole.

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Agreed. Some of the calls (& non calls) going both ways were horrid.

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    dp4m - thanks, amigo.

Hell of a season, hell of a championship game. I'll still name my first born Marcuspaige - Carolina legend, we'll miss him.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  12. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
  13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    NEVAH! [face_evil]

14. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    hornets playoff fever is just starting

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  15. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Let's just hope they don't dab. That's poison to any teams from Carolina this year.

16. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    KEMBA!

...oops, wrong thread.

17. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Someone just pointed out to me that the losers of the Super Bowl, College Football National Title Game, and NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament have all been from Carolina.

Kind of an odd coincidence.

18. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    UCONN=Dominance

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Massive pickup for Shaka Smart and the Texas basketball program this morning - signed C Jarrett Allen, 5-star/#15 on the ESPN Top 100 for this year's seniors, and the only player in the top 70 yet to commit.

Smart had already landed two highly rated 4-star commits in #29/SG Andrew Jones and #57/C James Banks.

On the way up, nice and fast - well done.

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Word making its way around the news that Pat Summitt (suffering from Alzheimer's) is in dire straits, health wise, and that family are gathering for the end.

Even as Auriemma has surpassed her, numbers-wise, her impact on women's basketball and sports in general is immeasurable.

21. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Ugh, one of the best coaches ever, really sad news.

Juliet316 likes this.
  22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Something to reflect on here, these are the legendary coaches of the game, M+W - and we just lost the name at the top:

[​IMG]

23. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I don't wish to alarm anyone ... but the season starts tomorrow.

heels1785 and cubman987 like this.
  24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Bring on the Green Wave!

Also, go Terriers!

Edit - and as I was writing this, UNC has signed South Carolina's Gatorade Player of the Year. Solid.

25. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Can't believe it's time for college basketball already! Pretty excited to watch #1 Duke this year, though probably not as excited as heels1785 is.

Also looking forward to seeing how my Illinois State Redbirds do this year. Will be the 2nd year in a row for with season tickets and the MVC has been shaken up quite a bit the past couple of years with team/player departures, would be exciting to see them make it back to the tournament again for the first time in way too long.