The Neverwinter Tavern. No Gnomes Allowed,That Means You!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Rabid_Balding_Ewok, Jun 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Cleric=my second favorite build.

Ranger/rogue's still godly fun to play.
  2. The_Chim Force Ghost

star 6
    Please tell me more of your adventures with your Ranger/Rogue.

I keep making new characters because once you hit level 40 there isn't a whole lot to do, nothing worthwhile to kill.
    Everyone just sits around chatting and doing stupid dueling.
  3. The_Chim Force Ghost

star 6
    So I get an email today from Bioware alerting me to a new Premium Module they just released.
    Looks kinda cool. Then again, I have yet to try either of the other two they released quite some time ago.

A tale of pirates, parrots, and peril! As a sailor aboard the Midnight Rose merchant ship, you've stopped in Neverwinter to gather supplies before a long trip south. A most peculiar course of events follows, slowly unraveling a plot of whale-sized proportions. Embark on a swashbuckling journey on the high seas. Polly want adventure?

If that little 'bird' is supposed to be a parrot, then I am deeply interested in what some of the other monsters will look like in this Module.

Some of the Modules features.

4. Embark on this epic seafaring journey by yourself or in multi-player with your friends!

5. Live the swashbuckler's life in this high-spirited tale of pirates, parrots, and peril!

6. Explore the popular Sword Coast region of the Forgotten Realms campaign setting.

7. Start the adventure in the port of Neverwinter, now recovering from the events of the official campaign.

8. Experience multiple endings, interactive henchmen, and a rollicking tale of woe!

9. Build a loyal and hearty crew from your choice of ten potential sailors!

10. Written and developed exclusively by BioWare writers and designers.

11. Feast your eyes on scads of new artwork by mod community darlings, DLA!

12. Enjoy more excellent music commissioned from community composer David John!

13. 8-12 hours of gameplay (our biggest Premium Module ever).

14. Starting Level: 5 to 10. This adventure will scale to your character level. Characters level 4 or lower will be automatically set to level 5.

15. I am debating weither to go ahead and buy this now, or if I should save a little longer and get Guild Wars.
    I think I will probably go with the Guild Wars option. I can get this module and the other two later though.

And don't forget to update your game kids! It is a whopper (19M), their biggest update release to date I beleive, but it should be worth it. I mean new portraits, and new music...that new music should be amazing, not to mention all the other little tweaks or whatever they do to the game. or at least that they say they do to it. :p

16. Tod Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't think I'm going to spend any money for those Premier Modules. There's enough good free ones.

I have been making some progress with my own mod. I have all the areas, all main characters, quite a lot of conversations and even few scripts. I'm actually starting to like scripting.

But the problem is that I'm totally starting to hate my main plot. I'm not so sure even I would enjoy playing this story. So I think I need to completely rewrite the story. At least I have good settings prepared. Even though I say it myself the main city I built is one of the finest NWN cities I've seen.

Well while I'm thinking a new plot I think I could play HOTU once more.
  17. Connemara Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hey, I don't want to sound like a downer, because I think this game probably has a lot of great features, but I'm stil playing through the main plot...I say still because normally I would have finished it weeks ago, but it's so incredibly repetitive and unchallenging at this point I can't bring myself to play. I am hoping...desperately...that the plot is going to pick up and start to have some substance to it soon. :confused:

I'm at the point where I am in that city in the North...Luskan I think? And I killed the two high captains so now I can move on. But...it's like, regardless of what I do, it's all repatitive. Beat this guy to get to that guy. Beat that guy to get to the next. it's become a whole string of boss battles without any kind of allusion to a more complex plot. IS there a more complex plot, or is this it?
  18. The_Chim Force Ghost

star 6
    I think you are just too complex for the plot.
    I don't remember it being as repetitive as you make it out to be. There is a lot of killing, but that is how all RPGs are.
    Yeah the plot is pretty twisty depending on what chapter you're on.

What chapter are you on?
  19. Connemara Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I forget. I just know I'm in Luskan and I had to kill those two high captain dudes.

Now I'm supposed to go get into a mage tower or something.
  20. Tod Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah that Original Campaign is quite boring. You could try some of the fan created modules. There are plenty of those and some are truly great.
  21. Obi_one_and_only Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I have to agree with Tod on this one. The original campaign is boring. The one part i really liked was the one in the village that had been cut off from time and you have to solve the crime.

Connemara, have you tried Shadows of Undrentide? I think the campaign there is much more improved than the original. Hordes is more hack 'n' slash (level 40 super weapons). Oh, and there are not enough beholders! :mad:
  22. Connemara Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah, it had some pretty cool bits. The first part, with the plague, was kinda cool. But this chapter, besides the lost village, was boring as hell. How much is left? I feel bad leaving a ame unfinished so I might try and finish unless I've got like 50 hours of boredom ahead of me. :p
  23. Obi_one_and_only Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hmmm...
    Well, I found the Luscan wizards' tower good. Lots of wizards and golems.
    The 3rd chapter is looking for the 3 words of power. You fight about 5 dragons and a balor (not together! :p )
    The last chapter is mostly hack 'n' slash. Loads of tough enemies.

I wish I could join your multiplayer games. But I have not my PC with me and I have a dial-up at home... :( :_|
  24. Connemara Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Oh yay, hack and slash. Just what I cannot stand about bad RPGs.
  25. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    In campain game, which of the Waterdavian creatures is the most difficult to beat?
  26. Obi_one_and_only Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The Yuan-Ti found in Beggar's Nest region.
    Lots of tough spells. My Dwarf had problems avoiding them.
    The intellect devourer doesn't do much danage, but is not funny being charmed.

These two are the only creatures you fight.
  27. Amon_Amarth Force Ghost

star 6
    Thanks. :)

My character is an elf, wizard with necromancy school, and one level rogue. I just reached Intelect devourer in Peninsula Distric's Prison. But fight with that orc you fight before Head Galoer is hard. I lost use every memorised spell and my summoned creature dies before I reach the devourer.
  28. Tachikoma-Kun Jedi Knight

star 3
    I started to get real bored with NWN main campaign in Luscan allso..Man it's really really boring. I have never even finished the main campaign..One question tho. My friend saw me play and I was at the final boss. My character was on lvl 15 (Halfling Monk../Yeah I know...). he kept arguing that lvl 15 in final battle was way too low and I should have been on lvl 20. I started playing again as Elf/arcane archer, but again couldn't lvl beyound 15. Is that a glitch? I mean I was getting like 3pts of exp when killing mountain trolls or Ogres. Or has it somehow changed after the updates? So that you can only lvl up till 15? Thanks :)
  29. JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost

star 5
    I think I'll play some Hordes now.
  30. Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Tachikoma-Kun: I generally got to 17...but that was killing *everything* that moved, and all the side quests.

The game was not meant to be beat at 20. There's ways of doing it...but only by camping the few spots where mobs continually respawn...or using the DM codes. 20 was initially the cap so that while you wouldn't get it in the single player game, it would give you something a little extra when playing multiplayer.
  31. Tachikoma-Kun Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ah thank you Aragorn :) I was slightly puzzled as to why I kept getting so little exp. I was thinking that maybe I had missed some important side-quest or done something bizarre. Or that maybe Halfling Monks had xp-penalty (My friend still laughs at my halfling monk..Pff. Give the halfling Robes Of The Old moon and just watch that little git run! :D )
  32. Malshabek Force Ghost

star 6
    Is anybody else but me wishing that the CEP would be integrated into the original NWN, SOU, and HOTU?
    I just love how much more you can do with it.
    I always hated the choices I had for portraits and faces and the CEP really helped diversify my characters.
    Plus the added items, creatures and scenery doesn't hurt at all. :D

Also, has anyone bothered to buy the Premium Modules?
    Are they "Premium" enough that they are worth buying? :p
  33. Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I heard that some of the premium mods are plagued with spelling errors and some glitches. While professionally done, there are many fan made ones that are superior...and free.

You can incorporate the CEP with the official campaigns, but you have to do it per module. Load the module up in the editor, and add the hak packs. I only ended up doing it with the OC's Chapter One, as it took up quite a bit of time/space to do, but it was really fun.
  34. Malshabek Force Ghost

star 6
    I would load the original modules if I could find them.
    They dont show up in any folder as a Mod file or whatever, so I cant mess with them.
  35. Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus

star 6
  36. FlareStorm Force Ghost

star 6
    You also might wanna add a store or edit one, so you can get some of the new equipment
  37. Malshabek Force Ghost

star 6
    You also might wanna add a store or edit one, so you can get some of the new equipment

Waaay ahead of you on that. :p
    I plan on editing the whole thing a great deal.
    I'll probably even add my own side-quests just to make the game more interesting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.