main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Neverwinter Tavern. No Gnomes Allowed,That Means You!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Rabid_Balding_Ewok, Jun 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tod

Tod Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 1999
    Since I still despite new 1.21 patch can't finish Chapter 2 I started whole game from the beginning. But since I like my ranger so much I decided to start with same character. Now it's of course bit too easy at start (those goblins at the beginning are no match for well equipped level 16 ranger).

2. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I just got my new computer and I can't even play the damn game. Or any game at all. I need a video card to play.

Which card do yall recommend?

3. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    I'm now on my third :eek: trip through the game. First time was with a Paladin, then with a Ranger, now with a Sorcerer. I'd been skeptical about how my Sorcerer would stand up to the rigors of adventuring, but most battles he survives without taking any damage at all thanks to his defensive magic. But the final proof for me that my Sorcerer rocked came just a few minutes ago, when I picked a fight with a dragon without my henchman around and with no pets summoned, never bothered to go fetch my henchman, and still finished the fight with more health than when I started (thanks to a ring that gives me regeneration).

Huge Elemental + Wilting + Wilting + Wilting + a whack of acid arrows and magic missiles = one dragon corpse. :D

4. GrandAdmiralPelleaon

GrandAdmiralPelleaon Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2000
    Up, I picked it up at the start of this week, haven't played much in the offical campaign yet as I am busy making my own world. (w00t)

Multiplayer isn't all that though. Some of the maps are well...lame. (oh look , another dragon that will make you whatever level you'd like to be...oh joy!)

5. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I still can't get the game to run. When I click my mouse the screen freezes!

6. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Anyone tried the Gondolyn mod/server?

7. Nai

Nai Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I got NWN about a month or two ago and I still haven't played it. When a horribly discolored gauntlet appeared immediately upon launching the game, I got a sinking feeling in my stomach. After about an hour or two of coaxing, I managed to get to the main menu and created a character. I started the single player campaign, crawled a few steps, then crashed to the desktop when an NPC approached me.

Following a few hours of research I realized that my computer's standard 24-bit graphics chip just wasn't going to cut it. I looked into buying a cheap video card and found a decent one for a reasonable price. Then, purely by chance, I learned what the words "PCI" and "AGP" mean. My computer only has PCI slots, so that severely limits my options. I'll probably end up buying a GeForce 4 MX 420 PCI, although I'm aware it's not such a great card. Unfortunately, it's probably the best PCI card I can get for under $100. I'm thinking I'll wait until I get into SWG's beta (I can dream, can't I?) before upgrading in hopes of something better coming into my price range.

So in conclusion, it'll probably be a long time before I play NWN, which is a shame because I really want to play it. On the plus side, this has been a very good learning experience for me.

8. Jedi_Hope

Jedi_Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    Should I pick it up, I mean is it worth it?

9. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    YES! :D

I've just started to play online. What are the best servers to play on? I mucked around on the Pool Of Radiance one last night for a bit but it seemed kind of dead.

Sorry to hear about your problems playing it, Nai. Just remember good things come to those who wait, or something like that. :)

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

10. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    My favorite server is Gondolyn. You start off as level one and work your way up- no "talk to the dragon and hey, I'm level 20!" You can go to the training grounds )with seperate zones through levels 1-4 and harder sewers beneath them). A recall ring transports you back to a temple. (get healed and portal to your party leader)Then there are many other zones to go when you're level 5. I've only explored a little of the Wildwood forest. The forest itself is full of encounters and bosses, but also has many dungeons throughout it. My party fought our way through three levels of Orc caves last weekend, though we were crushed by the final boss. You also need to download the "18-in-one hak pack" Which you can get from RingX.Com

So far I'd say its the Best. Server. Ever.

11. GrandAdmiralPelleaon

Oct 28, 2000
    Anyone else building an own module?

12. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    I tried, but had some problems....

13. GrandAdmiralPelleaon

Oct 28, 2000
    Like? Maybe I can help?

If you have problems searching the NWN forums on nwn.bioware.com solves most of my questions. Maybe you should try that too?

14. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Actually, I had no idea what I was doing. I was just putting random things in a forest...... :p I'll get around to learning how to use the toolset at some point...

15. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    Finally I got past that annoying Pinnacle bug in Luskan. I updated game to 1.24 and started it all over again and now it worked. Now I'm happy again.

16. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Okay I think my character sux.

I am a wizard. I can't get past the guy in the prelude. The one that summons those creatures right when you get back into the hall from talking to Aribeth. Any suggestions?

17. AragornsGhost327

AragornsGhost327 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2001
    He summons two goblins, I'd just try rushing them with whatever weapon you have, and forget magic.

If still can't get past him, maybe try a different class? ?[face_plain]

18. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    Cast Sleep. That should make both goblins fall asleep. Then you can finish them easily.

Good strategy for wizards is to start as a fighter and when you're about level 3 change to wizard. That makes survival much easier in the beginning.

19. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    HOw do you change during the game?

20. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    When you gain new level you can choose what class you want to raise. You can have max three classes (total level is still 20). So if you're level 3 fighter you can still become level 17 wizard which is actually almost as good as level 20 wizard, you just have few spells less.

Also a good way to get rid of those goblins is to summon familiar. I hope you chose the panther and not the bat. Panther kills goblins quickly.

21. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Cool, thanks Tod!

22. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Finally I got to level up. I am going to try and level 20 Wizard if I can.

One thing that bothered me though when I leveled up is that none of my strenght, intelligence,etc.. went up. Only my HP and two spells and a panther(which I have no idea how to make appear) are the only things that I got.

When will all that other stuff start to raise?

23. AragornsGhost327

AragornsGhost327 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2001
    On certain levels you can get more points to give to strength/intelligence...forget which ones they are. To get your spells, go to the spell book (one of the buttons under your icon) and click and drag what spells you want to memorize into it. You can access your spells by right clicking on your character, and the panther can be summoned through that too. It is a very good idea to move spells, special attacks (rapid fire mode, parry mode), special skills, such as barbarian rage, summon familiar/animal companion, and weapons and potions and basically everything you use often to your three quickbars.

24. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Okay I like my character now (level 5 wizard) that I know what I am doing.

I am just disappointed about one thing though and that is that they don't show cloaks on the character's. That would have just made my day if they would show that.

25. Darth_Simpson

Darth_Simpson Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    I've been playing a lot lately. I just got to Chapter 3, and I'm a level 13 Dwarven Fighter.

It's a great game, I'm really enjoying the story so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.