main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Neverwinter Tavern. No Gnomes Allowed,That Means You!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Rabid_Balding_Ewok, Jun 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tod

Tod Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 1999
    You won't necessarily reach lvl 20 in the game. My paladin was on lvl 16 when I finished the game while my ranger was already on lvl 16 at the end of chapter 2 where I got stuck. It has something to do with challenge ratings of the enemies I guess.

2. AragornsGhost327

AragornsGhost327 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2001
    After owning the game for several months, I have finally gotten through Chapter 1!!!1!!!1! yay!

Heh, I only really did multiplayer before, and this was the first time I really just sat down and played through single-player, woohoo, great fun!

3. ChristmasSock327

ChristmasSock327 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2002
    Been nearly two months...having replayed Chapter 1 about 9 times, I am nearing the end of chapter 2 with my Ranger...

4. ChristmasSock327

ChristmasSock327 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2002
    Can I get some help?

Ok, I'm in Charwood, and I've gone into the castle, but I can't get to Quint because of this Bodak. I've tried to fight him, or just to run past him, but his death magic always gets me.

The easy way around this is to buy the Belt of Guiding light, which would grant me an immunity to death magic, but its 20,000, and I only have 8k.

However, there is a book that says if I use an ettercap silk gland and a skeleton knuckle, and cast improved invisiblity on them, you get something that gives you control over death (I'm assuming this is immunity to death magic).
    However...I'm a lvl 9 ranger, so I don't have the ability to do that spell.

What should I do to get past the Bodak???

5. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    Just read up on the expansion pack, looks pretty cool. :D

[image=http://nwn.bioware.com/_global/images/gallery/nwn_screens_2/shadows3_large.jpg] [image=http://nwn.bioware.com/_global/images/gallery/nwn_screens_2/shadows2_large.jpg]
    [image=http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/news/01/16/nwn_screen005.jpg] [image=http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/news/01/16/nwn_screen002.jpg]

- 14 new monsters
    - 50 new spells
    - 30 new feats
    - 3 new tile sets including desert and snow
    - 40 hour story
    - 2 prestige classes

And they are working on a second expansion pack which will be released after the "Shadows of Undrentide" expansion pack. :D

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

6. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Yep. I'll be buying this as soon as its out.

The story takes place around the same time as the first, so you won't be able to get into Neverwinter, and certain other areas, due to the plauge.

We won't be finding out what happens to Aribeth... :_|

7. Tod

Tod Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 1999
    Hopefully there's a better developed story. NWN story was even more straightforward hack'n slash than Icewind Dale.

8. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    I kind of neglected the single player game because of all the mindless diablo action. They have said that the expansion will have less side quests and there will be more attention to the story. :)

-----signature-----

9. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    UP!

This was on page 15 and should not be.

I have a ? How do you Identifiy weapons and armor etc. I have a bunch of crap and can't do a thing with it!

When does that expansion come out?

10. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    Take it to a vendor and hit identify when you examine it. They will charge you 100gp. Or if your lore skill is high enough you won't need to go to a vendor to do it. You can alsoe drink a lore potion to boost your skill level. As for release date Bioware has set to set one, due to the various factors that can pop up with a game like this. Hopefully it's not to far away.

-----signature-----

11. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Okay man now I feel stuipd.

All I had to do was examine it because my lore is fairly high.

I am a level 6 wizard and moving along nicely.

12. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Me and a friend are going to do a co-op through the game starting soon, I think. Should be fun.

Anyhow, anyone else still playing this? I'm looking for some good modules to play...

13. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    I'm still playing it. Mainly on a PW server. It's great fun. I primarily play on the World Of Amon server and once in a while the Neversummer servers. World Of Amon is the best one I've seen so far, theres a lot of quests and an ongoing story, DM events, crafting and tons of customized items.

For good modules try Here.

"The Sunless citadel" is great followed by the sequel "The Forge of Fury."

"The Shadowlords" series is also good, there are 5 modules to the story. Once your done the story the series leads into another called "Dreamcatcher."

For a Persistant World you might want to look here. You don't need to download any thing. Just go to the PW action section when you log online. Then look for the World of Amon servers. Generaly server 1 is where everyone plays.

-----signature-----

14. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    2 Days Left Till SOU Is Released.

Anyone still playing and planning on picking it up? I know I will. :)

-----signature-----

15. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    How is the Expansion?

Are people still playing this game online?

Also I am still on Chapter 1 and I am a level 7 wizard. I have the Staff of Meldanen and a dagger+1 Also a heavy crossbow+2 which isn't bad I guess.

So does anyone know where I can get some GOOD weapons for a wizard in Chapter 1. I am an Elf so I can use longswords raipers longbow and shortbow.

Also do you get BETTER stuff and level up faster ONLINE???????

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The expansion was "eh."

You have inventory control for your henchman, and some of the animations were updated nicely.

Story... eh.

17. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    Deffinitly a step up from Neverwinters single player. Alot of cool scripts were added and some nice ingame cutscenes to flesh out the story. The NPC's interact more and always have something to say when your talking to others. The new prestige classes, feats and spells add abit more depth to character creation. I have to admit that the Shadowdancer is kind of cheese though. A (1)Shadowdancer/(9)Assasin/Rogue(10) even more so. Being able to dissapear at the drop of a hat and get a massive stuning sneak attack is just overkill. The desert tile set is great, I can't wait till some PW servers start using them. :D

>>> Also do you get BETTER stuff and level up faster ONLINE???????<<<

Depends on the server. But the game is ten times better when played online. I'm still playing it online, although now that KOTOR is coming out that might change, hehe.

-----signature-----

18. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Okay then, does it cost anything to play online?

19. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    No, it's free. Just hit multiplayer at the menu, then internet game. And you will see a list of servers that you can join. There are various game servers depending on your playstyle. You can cycle through, action, story, Roleplaying, ect. When you find a server that intrests you, you can hit server details for a better idea of what the server is about.

-----signature-----

20. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    I'll be getting Shadows once my friends and I finish our game of replaying through the OC. Its going somewhat slow, but alot of fun. I wrote this up while bored for another board where all the people in the game post. Somewhat ammusing, so, here goes:

(I'm playing a somewhat crazy darkish cleric)

Adumar's Log 8/3/1134
    -------------
    8/3- Arrive at Neverwinter. Hungry. Guards ranting about plauge. Hungry though, so enter city anyway. Something about not being able to leave. Bah. No resteraunts!

8/4- Guards get food. Sign up. Work for Hot Aribeth chick. Have to help some people find things to stop plauge or something. Bah. Still hungry.

8/5-Meet people I'm working with. Some stuck up prick named Tanner Grayson, a paladin or something, and Dreist. He's a pretty good evil dood. He stole me some food. Made me sign something though. Hope it wasn't a contract for my soul or anything. I may want to trade that later!

8/6-Learn about what I'm supposed to be doing. I'm replacing some guy named Derfel. He helped my cooworkers kill some monster thing that took over a prison, and gave its brain to Aribeth. Then, he up and vanished. Anyhow, went to Beggar's nest. Killed zombies. Oh yeah, stopped some evil plot or whatnot. Zombie killing=fun!

8/7-Get awesome armor made. When I portaled back to the group, found Dreist about to get um...busy...in a back room.....at a whore house. Went to find Tanner. Awkward.
    Also, Aribeth seeing someone. Must find way to get him out of picture.

8/8- Kill thugs. Show up in Blacklake. Stuck up snobs. Dreist muttered something about looting some thing from some house...Tanner wanted me to help him save some animals from the clutches of evil or something. Whatever! Went to local bar. Drunk. Much fun. While there, signed up for some thing where I fought people. Think I might own the bar now. Yay! Free beer!

8/9- Hangover's suck. Went to go find Dreist. He was going on about some thing about being so sneaky none of the guards had even seen him in the last house he looted. I ignored him and started killing everyone I saw in the house. He was yelling something about not killing things, and sneaky being the way, but, I'm not quite sure. Also, some old guy was all scared and gave me some art thingy. Killed him. Dreist seemed interested in art thing. Gave it to him, so he owes me favour. We have an agreement. He opens locks, I kill stuff. Works well enough.

Thinking might have him set up this guy Aribeth's seeing so I can get him out of the way....

8/10- Broke into some wizard guy's house. Killed stuff. Found some captured guard or something. Tanner was talking to him, but I figured out it was some sneaky trick, so I killed him. Tanner not happy. Then, killed wizard guy. Yay! Magik shiny staff!

8/11- Tanner seems mad at me. Woke up from a dream this morning, where we all killed everyone in the entire town. Very vivid and graphic. Then, found my sword with lots of blood on it. Odd. Still, town seems normalish. Must have been the beer I was drinking at my tavern....maybe.

Feel decidedly more evil now though.

8/12- Visited the Docks district today. Bloody pirates. We killed a bunch. Then, we had to go find some guy in the sewers. Not quite sure why, but Tanner quite insistant. He and Dreist went in the back way, but he made me do a frontal assault. So, I summoned in my best bud Skeletor, and we killed a bunch of guys, and then took some boat down the sewer to some place. So, I was talking to Dreist through this one magic stone thingy we have, and heard Tanner muttering something about me still being alive. He's so silly. They finally caught up with me and we killed some more guys. Found some feather Aribeth wanted. She's hot, so I gave it to her for free. Tanner muttering something about me not having a chance. Bah, he must be jealous. Dreist busy muttering about whore house, and also Sharwyn. Hope the two weren't connected.

8/13- Aribeth invited us all to some party. Score! I thought, but it was some magic kinda party, pretty sucky. I should have offered to have my taver

21. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I wish I had a computer that could play this game.

22. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    I just started playing this game a few weeks back--I'm liking it. I'm not really familar with all of the complexities of RPG's, though. (only one I ever got really into was FFX). I don't know much about all of it...so I've just been sort of winging it. One thing that sucks...when I get diseased, or, like, "movement speed decreased" or whatever..I never know what to do (besides going to Aribeth to heal, when I am able to). I've never played online or anything. I just finished the first chapter yesterday and am in the bugbear caves right now outside of Port Llast. Anybody else still playing it? This thread doesn't seem to high traffic.

23. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    I still play it. Currently my friends and I are working on beating the game again in multiplayer (just started last week, don't have time to play much) then, we plan to buy the expansion, and play on weekends while school's going. Its alot of fun.

For the disease...what class are you? If you can cast spells, you can get "cure disease" at a certain level, or just get antidote potions and such, aside from Aribeth, or whatever healing guy is in the temple.

24. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Well, after playing KOTOR I've decided to give other RPG's a try, and this one is always highly praised. A few questions though:

1) Is it PC only? Or are there console ports?

2) If it's PC only, what are the minimum system reqs.?

3) Does it have a primary quest/storyline? Or is this game more online-play oriented?

25. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    1) Is it PC only? Or are there console ports?
    PC only.

2) If it's PC only, what are the minimum system reqs.?
    Click here

3) Does it have a primary quest/storyline? Or is this game more online-play oriented?

It comes complete with a 4 (5 if you count the prologue) chapter main game. This is quite fun, and very replayable, you can go back and try new races and class types, along with alignment and such.
    Or, you can play through the main campain with your friends in multiplayer.

There is also a world editor so you can make your own campains.

You can download many more campains from the internet, many fan made, and a few, like Witches Wake, released by the developers.

Both sp and mp are very fun with this game.

One expansion is currently released, with more spells, feats, and prestige classes, and its own main campain.

Another expansion is currently being worked on..don't remember the expected release time for it, but its sometime in 03...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.