main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Neverwinter Tavern. No Gnomes Allowed,That Means You!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Rabid_Balding_Ewok, Jun 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    "For the disease...what class are you? If you can cast spells, you can get "cure disease" at a certain level, or just get antidote potions and such, aside from Aribeth, or whatever healing guy is in the temple."

Umm, I dunno what class I am...I'm a human fighter, if that answers your question. I just came across antidote's yesterday (in Port Llast). So, if they were around before I must've missed them.

2. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Er...wait, antidote is for poison. You need lesser restoration for disease I think.

Or, do you have any points to heal? Just use a health kit. Much easier, and you can buy them in most stores.

3. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Oh, healer's kit? heh, I've been selling those. :p

Played for a little while last night and beat the first boss in the caves north of Port Llast (Ganon--the cult member and Derigrab--the big..thing). ^_^

4. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Right, I'm towards the end of Chapter 4...

*spoilers ahead*

K. I'm a 10 rogue/6 ranger. And, I just hit 16 after talking the Haedraline before heading for the source stone. So, I'm not going to make another level anytime soon.

I've entered the portal, and have made my way past all the Old Ones, talked to the AU-Aribeth, and have entered the portal.

Damn you two dragons.

Can't seem to get past them. My basic plan is run away, shoot arrows, run away, etc. seeing as Daelan is constantly fear-if-ied, and can't help. I'm guessing boots of speed and arrow tactics are going to be my only hope, and its going to be alot of tries. Anyone have advise, or other ideas for me?

5. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Eh, nevermind, my run away-and-shoot tactic worked fine. Go me!

6. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    I was using a Cleric when I got there. I used Harm on the first dragon that brought him down to 4hp and then smacked him with my mace. Then I did the same thing with the next dragon. Two dragons dead in under 20 seconds. :D Harm has to be the most overpowered spell in the game.

I just started playing on a new server using a Druid. Up till now I always thought they were kind of useless. Man was I wrong, with my Animal companion (bear) and a summon creature spell I have my own little army. I'm using the SOU expansion spell "Magic Fang" on my Bear, which has turned a useless pet into a killing machine. I was adventureing with two other players and me and my pets where doing all the killing. Espicialy the bear with "Magic Fang" cast on him he can hit magical creatures. Which is a bonus when no one in your party has a decent magic weapon. :)

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

7. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Sounds cool. Now I just have to get SoU :p

8. Tod

Tod Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 1999
    Okay now I've completed SOU. Quite good expansion, though maybe a bit short.

But soon Bioware is going to release a second expansion called Hordes Of The Underdark and that looks extremely interesting. You continue with your old character from either original game or SOU and you can reach even lvl 40. A very positive thing is that you can get TWO henchmen (they include many of previous henchmen). As you might guess from the name we're about to meet very interesting foes in this adventure. Personally I can't wait to meet this little fellow.

I have quite high expectations about this set.

9. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    They just released the info on the Shifter prestige class.

Shifters have no form to call their own. Instead, they clothe themselves in whatever shape is most expedient at the time. Shifters actually come closer to their true self through transformation. Out of necessity, a Shifter's sense of self is based not on outward form, but on soul, which is the only constant about them. It is the inner strength of that soul which enables them to take on any shape and remain themselves within.

Abilities
    Greater Wildshape I (Level 1): Change into a red, green, black, white or blue wyrmling
    Greater Wildshape II (Level 3): Change into a minotaur, a harpy or a gargoyle
    Greater Wildshape III (Level 5): Change into a manticore, a basilisk or a drider
    Humanoid Shape (Level 7): Change into a variety of humanoid forms
    Greater Wildshape IV (Level 10): Change into a medusa, huge dire tiger, or a mindflayer

Several of these forms grant the shifter the ability to use the form's innate powers. For example, a shifter changing into a white wyrmling can breath a cone of cold as often as they want. These powers are located on the "spell" radial menu. Some of these powers can be used an infinite number of times per day, others are restricted.

At epic leves you can actualy turn into Dragons and other powerful creatures. I just hope we can actualy cast while transformed. Hopefully they will fix Wildshape because as it is now you can't cast while changed and you can't get the benefits of your gear. I'm looking forward to being able to turn my Druid into a Mindflayer. [face_devil]

-----signature-----

10. Soujiro

Soujiro Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2003
    Wow....that looks like alot of fun.

11. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    I just finished a really fantastic module called Twilight and that was just easily the greatest module I've ever played. Not even Shadowlords/Dreamcatcher saga gets close. Twilight is first module of three part paladin story. The second part Midnight should be released any time now (tomorrow?). I'm really waiting that. Perhaps even more than HotU which is also released tomorrow (I have to wait until friday).

12. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    I might check that out. But I've never been all that big on Paladins. Can you play through it as a Cleric?

[image=http://nwn.bioware.com/_global/images/gallery/hotu_creatures/mindflayer_large.jpg] [image=http://nwn.bioware.com/_global/images/gallery/hotu_creatures/beholder_large.jpg] [image=http://nwn.bioware.com/_global/images/gallery/hotu_screens_1/hordes02_large.jpg]

Cant wait till tommorow. Have the day off so I'll be playing HOU all day...... if EB gets it in. :D I already have my characters planned out for the server I play on. My main is going to be a Shifter and the other a Dwarven Defender/Pale master, the ultimate defensive character.

-----signature-----

13. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    I might check that out. But I've never been all that big on Paladins. Can you play through it as a Cleric?

It's meant for paladin's but of course you can take few cleric levels too. But I really like to play with paladin, at least in this module.

Here's one comment it received on the vault:

Holy cow! This is the best MOD I've ever played, even better than the original NWN story or SoU. Come to think of it, it was the best "game" I've ever played in my whole entire life. Best story line, especially ending, ever!

The ending is really something to see. Trust me.

14. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    Hehe, guess I'll download it tonight, since I'm jonesing for HOU. :D

-----signature-----

15. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Hm, I might get it too.

Also, I skipped SoU. Do I need it for HoU?

16. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    I really don't know. But considering that most builders are starting to take advantage of the tilesets in SOU you might want to consider picking it up. My personal favorite is the desert tileset. :) Without it your game won't load those areas that use them. Also, I'm not to sure if you can use the SOU prestige classes if you only have HOU.

-----signature-----

17. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    I'll try to get them both for Christmas, I think...

18. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    Finished HOTU. It was very nice. I missed quite a few things so I should start it again. But currently I have other plans.

I decided that I could start experimenting with the toolset finally. I'd love to do a module of my own. So I started to plan the story. I haven't planned very much details yet but here's some main points of the story so far:

The game starts in some god forsaken small village in the middle of nowhere. The Player Character of course has suffered an amnesia and just stumbles into the village. Well the village is naturally terrorized by a bunch of bandits (at least 200 bandits). After PC kills them all he somehow comes across of evil wizard world conquest plan which PC of course wants to stop. The wizard needs some ancient all powerful artifact which lays on the bottom of some huge crypt filled by nasty undead and very likely at least one dragon (or maybe dragolich thanks to hotu). Well after few other interesting happenings PC finally meets and beats the evil wizard who is of course revealed as PC's own father...

So what do you think? Are there any other good clichés I could use in this story?

19. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Sounds pretty good.

I finally have both expansions now. I've always been obsessed over this game, but, have never had the money. Yay for Christmas!

Any tips for some good PW servers? I did Aria for a bit, but my friends don't like it anymore, so we're looking for something else...

20. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Hey guys. Sorry if I am out of line by posting in here but I just dind't want to clutter up the thread by posting an uneeded topic that belongs in here in the first place.But I am glad to have finally found a Neverwinter Nights thread. :D

I was out shopping at my local Target store. I went to Electronics to browse around. I see a copy of Neverwinter Nights for CLearance Sale of $7 bucks.
    I sat and read the box for a couple of minutes.
    Put it back down.
    Looked around the reast of the store.
    Came back.
    Picked it up again and though of buying it. But I thought better of it and instead came back here to ask my fellow JCers what they though of it.
    SO do you think NWN is worth it? If so why? What is good about it?

Thanks guys.

21. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Aug 8, 2000
    I've been playing a Shifter since Hordes released. It is by far my favorite class. They are so flexible and have a solution for every problem. They are esspicialy fun to use against Mages. Had a funny duel against another players Wizard. My Shifter turned into a rakasha which gets spell immunity to level 8 spells and lower aswell as a dispel magic ability. He was cursing up a storm after his spells ceased to affect me and I debuffed him, follwed by me cracking his skull open with the Rakashas staff. Hehe. [face_devil]

Aragorn, you might want to check out the Lord Of the Rings server. :p There are a couple of them floating around their all the same build with some minor tweaks here and there. All in all it's not a bad world. I would highly recomend World of Amon though. It's located in the PW Action section. It used to be a high magic world with lots of uber gear, game play was similar to Diablo. They have since done a 180 and have droped all the crazy god gear. Now it's a low magic world that requires some serious teamwork. The reason why I suggest checking it out is for the worlds deep story and history. It is by far the most thought out storyline I've seen in a server. There are tons of quests many of which are linked together as part of the overalll story. But be warned it is a challenging server, one that requires lots of teamwork. Right now I'm playing on the Ultima Online server. It's a happy medium between the low magic worlds and the Diablo style, monty hall worlds. I think the UO server is called Britania UO or something like that and is also in the PW action section.

Chim, NWN for seven bucks is a steal. NWN has kept my interest more then most games. I think it maybe the second most played game I own. Bought it when it was first released and I'm still playing it. For the amount of your time that it will eat up I think you can waste a measly seven bucks on it. There are tons of user made mods, persistant worlds, single player adventures. Which will stretch the game out for awhile. Not to mention a very user friendly toolset so you can make your own mods or alter someone elses. Of course a lot of the online worlds/mods are now using content from the expansion packs.

-----signature-----

22. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    SO far, I am going back to buy it tomorrow.And it better be there too. Or they'll be HELL TO PAY!!!! :p

Anyone else have some input for me?
    Thanks RBE I appreciate the help.

Any tips?

23. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    7 bucks??!! My God. Still 30-40ish around here. Buy buy buy! :p

24. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    It might've been mentioned before here or not, but in case it didn't...

I sincerely recommend for those who are interested in Neverwinter Nights Multiplayer options to visit Neverwinterconnections.com. It's a free scheduling service which allows you to plan games with other players.

For me, when I first bought NWN, I really didn't like the singleplayer campaign, shelved it, and marked it as my "Worst buy of 2002". Then one day, I stumbled upon the NWC. Out of interest, I joined up, created a character and was allowed to enter a DMed game... ever since, NWN has become my "Best Buy of 2002", most likely my "Best Buy in a damn long time". A game with one or more DMs is just so much more fun than a singleplayer campaign(although SP campaigns also have their own merit), the flexibility is enormous, you really get to roleplay your characters, and some of the best DMs really incorporate your character's backstory into the campaign. Being more of an adventure/RPG gamer, Neverwinter Nights is the only game that I really play online, it's just too amazing, exactly the type of game I had been waiting for.

And the toolset is just wonderful... the ease in which you can create a total new world with new armor, swords, items... it's just amazing.

25. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Well sounds very cool. Hopefully I will be able to get it cheaply then. :D
    Join an online Roleplaying Gang sounds cool.

Any other good features?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.