main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Neverwinter Tavern. No Gnomes Allowed,That Means You!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Rabid_Balding_Ewok, Jun 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tod

Tod Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 1999
    You should find an old scroll which tells you the answer. Just look around a bit more.

2. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    On the upper side of the map I think, there's a ruin with a few undead, where you'll find an old scroll with the answer on it. After I read it the first time, I've just remembered it. No need to find it anymore.

In case you're too lazy to go find it:
    Nether, shall, rule. Then, you get a portal to a small crypt area where you can clear out some undead, kill a mummy lord, and get some loot.

3. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Thanks.

I could have sworn I tried that one before. Meh,Oh well.
    Off to play some more.

4. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Just another quick question.

I am playing Chapter 2,and I am in Luskan. There are two Captains of Luskan fighting for Supremacy. Well they both offer for me to kill the other and be rewarded for it.
    Does my choice matter? Which one offers the best loot,or is it the same for both fo them?
    I assume the only real need for either of them is to get the pass letter to get into the Host tower, so it shouldn't matter what one I pick to kill, right?
    Or should I just kill both of them? ?[face_plain]

Any help here would be hot!

5. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    Wish I could help you. Haven't played the OC in a very long time so my memory is rusty.

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

6. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    i haven't played this game in a looooong time. as far as the two guys in luskan..i think i killed both of them.

7. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    Kill them both. You get most xp that way and that's the only thing that matters.

8. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Ok I have another problem guys. :p

In Chapter 2 of Undretide Expansion, you start out petrified from that madusea lady turning you to stone,right? Well how do you unfreez your litte companion? I have Deekin with me, but he si still frozen in place like stone-a-fied. What do I do? Do I have to do something to heal him? Or does he just return on his own?Was he supposed ot be normal to begin with in the level and I am just experiencing a gltich?
    Any help here would be hot. Thanks.

9. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Have any Flesh-to-Stone scrolls? I had bought a few earlier, and used one...

10. Tod

Apr 29, 1999
    You should have found a stone to flesh ointment in previous ruins.

11. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    [image=http://www.abumazin.net/pics/TV/david_gnome.gif]

12. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    Ack, gnomes! Get out, OUT! I hate Gomes, they have small hands, smell like cabbages. :p

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

13. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    I remember that show. It was really cool.

I remember there was one episode where he got attcked and captured by trolls. he made them argue with eachother and they all gotgot what was going on and the sun came up and turned them all to stone! :eek: Cool stuff.
    *Note I was about 8 at the time. :p

Thanks everyone I will have to see if that will work. I wish I would have tried that earlier. :p

I am thinking of joining an online campaign. Should be cool. I'll go and check stuff out before I commit to anything.

14. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Anyone part of any paticularly cool servers right now? I am looking to start playing online soon, maybe even by tonight for a little bit.

Any recomendations of servers or anything cool to try? I was reading back a few pages, and saw that you all were talking about online multi-play. Are any of you still in a game,or are any of you looking for another person for one?

Anyone have their own server or custom levels. I have been wanting to try out the editor but havent really had the time. Undrentide is pretty fun, and it has been eating up alot of my time.

EDIT: I love the picture of Deekin at the top of the page, we need to keep him at the top fo every page. SO whoever gets the first post in the next page, post Deekin at the top. :p

15. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Snow Globe.

This is one odd stage in the game. I really wonder what is going on.

Anyone one have advice for playing through it?
    I played through it myself, but I was just wondering the best course of action would be.

I killed the White Dragon in the cave to take the Words, but is there a way around it? Does it matter what world you enter(or are they even different? Like when you 'Rotate' the globe, does the level inside change)?

16. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    When you rotate it, the factions switch alignment, so, either the dwarves like you and dryads hate you, or the opposite. Then, by talking to the leader of each group, you can get a pendant that helps you kill the dragon.

However, you already killed it, so, not really an issue :p

Will comment on online playing-ness after I get back from a show tonight.

17. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    However, you already killed it, so, not really an issue :p

I might go back and try it out that way though. Sounds cool.It was tough, so I figured there must be another way. :p

Also, I killed the Dragon but I recieved no XP for it? Why? Am I supposed to? Or since this inside the Snow Globe it doesn't count?

Thanks Aragorn.

18. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Online-ness.

There are several ways to go about it. One, is to just search through the in-game thingy. Plenty of filters and catagories to search through modules. There are stand alone modules, Persistant Worlds, PvP mods, and plenty more.

Right now, I'm still slowly playing through the OC with my friends from school. At our rate, we go rather slow.

You can always look for a good Persistant World server (PW). There's some good suggestions over the last few pages. There's many different kinds, so you can find one that suits you. For example, there's low-magic worlds, where you're extremely lucky to find a +2 sword, and xp is hard to come by, or there's high level ones, where everyone's level 40. Some are based more on hack and slash, while others can be hard core rp.

There are also DMed campains, which, while I have yet to truly play one, I hear are extremely fun.

A good site to check out for joining multiplayer games is neverwinterconnections.com.

19. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Does playing online allow you to level up at all?

If so is it quicker and better to level up online or singleplayer?

I just hit lv.8 wizard but I want to be able to kick ass. Help

20. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    There's modules you can download with auto-levelers that you can make characters for whatever level you want.

Not really too much fun. If you're playing through the campains, just stick with what xp you have. Everything's balanced for that already.

21. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Thanks for the info!

22. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Heya.

Ok, so, I'm playing through Shadows again now, which I haven't done in quite awhile. Right now, I'm Paladin (5)/Cleric(5)/Champion of Torm (1) and I'm in Chapter 2, and I've killed the golems and retrieved one of the winds. Is this the right spot for me to be level wise? Around level 11 there? Then, after Shadows, has anyone tried either of the "bridge" modules from Shadows to Hordes? Gonna test one of the two out when and take this char all the way through, but wondering which of the two more fun.

Also, do you guys have problems with online games, kinda, tactics wise? Basically, I'm a ranger, and the party leader, so I turn on stealth and move ahead alot. The party has one wizard, one bard, one cleric, and about four tanks. People often portal to me when I'm sneaking by enemies, and die. However, when we make other people the group leader, they die just as much, as they'll portal in to the tanks as they're fighting, as everyone loves being right up in the front, which often leads to deaths. So, basically, no matter who they teleport to, they die quite often, so,they gripe at me, as I die the least :p Ideas?

23. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    can you level up past 20 with the expansions?

24. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Okay I have a ? that is gonna make me sound really stupid but keep in mind that I have never done this before......Where do babies come from?

Oh crap wrong Question! I mean how can I get online? I registered when I first got the game and have never messed with it since. Just now I went to multiplayer and got to room with alot of names and things like Chapter 1 2/8players Party/Full things like that. Well I clicked on one that said party and this box came up and said Server failed to connect and I kept getting that Over and OVer and now I am really pissed. I have a Cable modem(I don't know it that is DSL,Lan,Broadband or what) so I would think that I would be able to get online and play right?

Am I supposed to download something or what. PLEASE help me out because I feel like I am missing a really big piece of this game by not being able to expirence like it was meant to be played.

25. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    If you have Hordes of the Underdark, you can go into the epic levels, to level 40.

And, there's some hacking you can do to get to level 120 (er...maybe not. something high though) in addition to a specific module. Never tried it, as I hate cheating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.