main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The NEW (12th) Jedi Draft!!- Return Of The Revenge Of The Draft (now in progress!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by heels1785 , Jul 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Formatting odd, yet again.

Good matches in here. Pretty much all of Mikaboshi and Trim's matches, especially Kun vs. Katarn are good. Spoiler alert, this has the potential to be the matchup of the season, there are two juggernauts looming in this one. Also a big one looming in DarkEagle and Loyal Imperial's match.

Qui-Gon vs. Lumiya, Naga Sadow vs. Jaden Korr, the prep battle between Vodo and Cade, and the trump battle in DarkEagle and TLI's match all solid.

2. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Ferus just continues with the bad luck eh? :p

As for the rest of the matches:

Tulak and Marka both get horribly owned. I'm wishing that Jaden had hit Ragnos though, just for the hilarity of it. [face_laugh]

On that note...Jaden/Sadow is one I'll have to do research on, since I don't know a heck of a lot about Sadow's abilities.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I personally think that Unduli/Offee would have some issues with Nyax alone, throw in Nadd for overwhelming sorcerer power and you get a win.

Kun and Katarn would be close, would have to do some research on that one.

Besides being used to dueling multiple opponents Krayt has a huge home field advantage here, and really the Khai duo isn't all that great. Gavar in particular has a short and underwhelming list of "accomplishments", he just never really did anything important at all before his death. Much of the best of what Vestara pulled off was done while her opponent was distracted, she rarely fought anyone in a straight fight like she has here.

4. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    After doing the battle of the Force users game, I look back on my character choices here and wonder what I was thinking, lol. I've learnt a lot more since the start of this game, which is great. And now I definitely know who to pick for the next draft.

I think Darth Plagueis, Mother Talzin, Darth Malgus and Darth Maul were great choices, and I'd pick them again if I had the chance. Savage Opress, Pong Krell and Darth Talon were good choices, but I could've chosen better, and Maris Brood, Yaddle and Eeth Koth were pretty bad choices, and I don't see the point of swapping Yaddle for Oppo Rancisis, because that decision is just as bad.

5. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Anyone undecided on the Holt v Shaak Ti match? Even if I said Shaak Ti is overrated?

Jordan- most of your picks were solid picks, just a round or two early in some cases (ie talzin, krell); you probably could have passed the first time and still gotten them later. Then you picked 3 Jedi after going darkside the first 7 rounds, which is a.... questionable decision :)

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    On the big ones- I'd probably say I'm leaning Lumiya over Qui-Gon, Katarn over Exar Kun, and prepped Cade over prepped Vodo.

7. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Looking at Sadow, I have to say he doesn't seem like enough to beat Jaden. In the duel side of things, he only has a couple duels with Ludo Kressh that I can find. Hardly impressive really. Sure, his illusions could be useful, but we don't know how well he can pull that trick off without the advantage of his meditation sphere. So, I would say Jaden has the edge here, as a more direct combatant, who can take advantage of Sadow's weakness in that department.

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Up first, we have number 3!
    Darth Cognus vs. Revan - Revan pretty clearly.
    Freedon Nadd TRUMPED with Lord Nyax vs. Luminara Unduli TRUMPED with Barriss Offee

I'm probably going to get overruled here, but I'm going with the Luminara/Offee trump. MUCH better cohesion (important in a trump vs trump encounter), but - much more important to me - both of them have demonstrated a high proficiency defensively with the lightsaber. Against someone like Nyax, that kind of defensive prowess is a HUGE thing to have. I think it's really close, but I'm going with the PT Jedi.

Darth Nihilus TRUMPED with Darth Sion vs. Ferus Olin - Trump
    Darth Talon vs. Mara Jade Skywalker (prepped) - MJS
    Qui-Gon Jinn vs. Lumiya - Lumiya

Next, we have number 5!
    Kerra Holt vs. Shaak Ti - Shaak Ti might be pushing "overrated", but she's got enough to win here.
    Exar Kun vs. Kyle Katarn - Amazing battle. First thought it "Kun in a slobberknocker". Second thought is "well, we've been overthinking and undervaluing Kun, maybe Katarn has this one". Third thought is "maybe we've taken the Kun undervaluing too far". Final thought: If Katarn got all his tricks, he'd take this. Lacking his bag of goodies, I think Kun is just a hair out of his league.
    Naga Sadow vs. Jaden Korr - Korr
    Pong Krell vs. Kam Solusar - Kam
    Arca Jeth vs. Ben Skywalker - Skywalker

Third, we have number 1!
    Kar Vastor vs. Darrus Jeht - Vastor
    Darth Krayt vs. Vestara Khai TRUMPED with Gavar Khai - Krayt. Love the trump, but I think I've made clear why I value Krayt so highly.
    Tulak Hord vs. Kol Skywalker TRUMPED with Wolf Sazen - Trump. Without showing up.
    Darth Plagueis vs. Ganner Kreig TRUMPED with Antares Draco - Plagueis.
    Vodo Siosk Baas (prepared) vs. Cade Skywalker (prepared) - Cade. If only Vodo were prepped, I'd go Vodo. But in like-on-like, I'll take Cade.

Finally, we have number 8!
    Azlyn Rae TRUMPED with Rasi Tuum vs. Sarro Xaj TRUMPED with Raskta Lsu - Orange Trump
    FORFEIT (Nadd/Nyax) vs. Adi Gallia
    Marka Ragnos vs. Count Dooku - Dooku.
    Oppo Rancisis vs. Tsui Choi TRUMPED with Nomi Sunrider - Trump
    Luke Skywalker vs. Jax Pavan - Luke.

9. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Darth Cognus vs. Revan
    WINNER: Revan stomps.

Freedon Nadd TRUMPED with Lord Nyax vs. Luminara Unduli TRUMPED with Barriss Offee
    WINNER: I give it to Lumi/Barriss by an edge. Nyax is the cream of the crop here, but Nadd is clearly inferior to both halves of the lightside trump, and won't make it long. Once they're together, very few are more cohesive than Lumi/Barriss.

Darth Nihilus TRUMPED with Darth Sion vs. Ferus Olin
    WINNER: Trump

Darth Talon vs. Mara Jade Skywalker (prepped)
    WINNER: Mara Jade

Qui-Gon Jinn vs. Lumiya
    WINNER: I like Qui-Gon here. This arena isn't his forte, and Lumiya has held her own with Luke, but Qui-Gon is so experienced, and is unlikely to face any surprises here. He edges out the witch.
    --
    Kerra Holt vs. Shaak Ti
    WINNER: Shaak Ti wins fairly easily, I think. I don't know how overrated she is, but I think she's stronger than her competition here.

Exar Kun vs. Kyle Katarn
    WINNER: Kyle Katarn. Kun is the strongest of his generation, but the feats of that era just haven't stacked up well over time. Kyle is as battle-tested as they come, he won't be surprised by anything he sees, and he's strong enough to win.

Naga Sadow vs. Jaden Korr
    WINNER: Jaden wins. This one's tight, because Naga is a lot like Plagueis or Talzin- very strong, not renown with the saber.

Pong Krell vs. Kam Solusar
    WINNER: I think Pong gives a great fight here, but the vote goes to Kam.

Arca Jeth vs. Ben Skywalker
    WINNER: 3-4 years ago, this would be easy for Acre. Not so much now- win to Ben.
    --
    Kar Vastor vs. Darrus Jeht
    WINNER: Kar Vastor

Darth Krayt vs. Vestara Khai TRUMPED with Gavar Khai
    WINNER: Krayt busts this trump. It's close, and he won't leave unscathed, but the Khais are overmatched.

Tulak Hord vs. Kol Skywalker TRUMPED with Wolf Sazen
    WINNER: This trump finally has a good day.

Darth Plagueis vs. Ganner Kreig TRUMPED with Antares Draco
    WINNER: Plagueis smashes them.

Vodo Siosk Baas (prepared) vs. Cade Skywalker (prepared)
    WINNER: I also like Cade here. Again, like Kuntastic, Vodo's a victim of the era when it comes to my vote- Cade's got more visible experience and more impressive feats.
    --
    Azlyn Rae TRUMPED with Rasi Tuum vs. Sarro Xaj TRUMPED with Raskta Lsu
    WINNER: Xaj/Lsu. I don't think they've lost yet.

FORFEIT (Nadd/Nyax) vs. Adi Gallia
    WINNER: Adi

Marka Ragnos vs. Count Dooku
    WINNER: Dooku lectures, then romps.

Oppo Rancisis vs. Tsui Choi TRUMPED with Nomi Sunrider
    WINNER: Trump

Luke Skywalker vs. Jax Pavan
    WINNER: And Luke.

--

Inty and I agree on all but the following-

Qui-Gon vs. Lumiya
    Kun vs. Katarn

10. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    You know, I just realized I have Ulic left, and PG has Vader left. That would be a hell of a fight, since (IMO) Ulic is about the only person from Tales to come out relatively unscathed compared to later era-Jedi/Sith.

11. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009

[​IMG]

o_O

KenKenobi likes this.
  12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    One half of a story arc does not a dark sider make. Nor does, say, Dark Empire.

The bulk of her feats are light side, that's what I judge.

13. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009
    The bulk of Jacen Solo's life is Light Side. Regardless, I'm not planning on arguing this now- just pointing something out.

14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Many thanks.

15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Not gonna lie - shocked I didn't get overruled on the trump. I was also as close as can be on the Katarn match.

16. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Pains me to say, but I'm going Lumiya against Qui-Gon-- in his prime he's not going down without a fight, but Lumiya's got lightwhip ability that confounded Luke, and Jinn's not gonna have a shoto on him despite his on-the-fly focus on the Living Force.

And Kyle Katarn stops the Kun, given a better record and more well-rounded skillset.

Or maybe I just wanted Inty and heels to both still like me... [face_batting]

17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Always. Next round should either be up this afternoon or evening, depending on how quickly I can duck out of this work lunch.

18. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Looking forward to them.

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    DarkEagle/Holiday Special Blu-Ray Where? (1-3) vs. The Loyal Imperial/The Orange Box (3-1)
    Mikaboshi/Freedon's Nadds Go To Sith Beach (1-3) vs. Trimaj/Mace and the Misfits (3-1)
    Point Given/Holy Sith (1-3) vs. Skywalker/The Count and the Castoffs (3-1)
    Jordan/The Revengers and Friends (1-3) vs. Yodaminch/Crazy Old Hermits (3-1)
    Whitey/1-800-SAVE A BOON DOG (1-3) vs. PRENN/Stylin N Lumiyan (3-1)

Up first, we have number 9!
    Satele Shan vs. Aryn Leneer
    Darth Traya vs. FORFEIT (Unduli/Offee)
    Lord Kaan vs. Zayne Carrick TRUMPED with Celeste Morne
    Eeth Koth vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Cay Qel-Droma vs. Roan Fel

Next, we have number 6!
    Darth Bane vs. The Exile
    Darth Sidious vs. Darth Zannah (prepped)
    Darth Vader vs. Lord Hoth (prep)
    Darth Malgus vs. FORFEIT (Sunrider/Choi)
    Quinlan Vos vs. Darth Caedus

Third, we have number 10!
    Asajj Ventress vs. Ven Zallow
    Darth Andeddu TRUMPED with Odion vs. Lord Kas'im
    Darth Wyyrlok III vs. Ulic Qel-Droma
    Maris Brood vs. Bastila Shan TRUMPED with Shado Vao
    Zekk vs. Darth Bandon

Finally, we have number 4!
    Anakin Skywalker vs. Rahm Kota
    Darth Vitiate (prep) vs. Mace Windu
    FORFEIT (Nihilus/Sion) vs. FORFEIT (Sazen/Skywalker)- DRAW
    Savage Oppress vs. FORFEIT (Krieg/Draco)
    Ki-Adi Mundi vs. Vergere

20. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Okay....

Draw, better than a loss I suppose.

Vader owns Hoth. Prep helps, but not enough to beat Darth ******* Vader.

At first glance, I'm going to say Celeste/Zayne beat Kaan. He has, I think, nothing to go on. Even weak as Celeste/Zayne are they should have enough here, though I will have to check that.

Ulic kicks DW-III into a hole somewhere.

21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Yep, I think you're in command here Skywalker. Getting to a likely 5 wins and locking up at least one tie means it's a good day.

22. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    That's two wins and two loses for me this time, putting me at 3-5. But I've still got Darth Maul and Mother Talzin to go, so hopefully they'll win and it'll come down to a team battle.

23. DarkEagle

Jan 10, 2009

[face_hypnotized] Where can I buy tickets to watch these matches?

heels1785 and Skywalker_T-65 like this.
  24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Shoot, I forgot I didn't even comment- I'm with DarkEagle, those three are wicked. Zannah prepped is so strong with magic, that one is especially interesting. Bane probably holds an early edge over Exile. The third one is the juggernaut I referred to earlier in the round, I don't have any clue where I'm going with that one.

A few others that may not be as exciting, but are still good- Kota will give Anakin a fight, and Vergere vs. Ki-Adi isn't a bad matchup.

25. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    Sidious vs Zannah: Zannah is indeed strong with magic, but Sidious is far more powerful overall. With a blade, with magic, with raw power. She really is little more than a 2 trick pony, defensive blade work all the way until she can do one of two things with her magic (either pop out an illusion or the tentacles). Honestly, that is all she ever really does.

Consider then that Sidious trained a far superior wielder of the double bladed lightsaber, Maul. Also, in regards to mind transfer....Sidious owns both her and Bane. Zannah has shown all of about 2 or 3 dark powers, prep doesn't really help her as much as people suggest.

Vitiate vs Mace: Vitiate should take out Mace fairly easily, with prep he won't have a problem putting up duplicates of himself around the battle area which will give him more than enough distraction to fry Mace with lightning (fitting end to Mace) or mind frag him....seeing as Mace has never really shown any kind of mental resistance that would suggest he could fend that off.

Andeddu/Odion vs Kas'im: Has Kas'im ever fended off a full frontal mental assault like what Andeddu brings? The battlefield will be an ever changing nightmare, complete with illusionary opponents and dangers which can actually kill him. At the same time any fear, despair or anguish that creates only empowers Odion (who is skilled enough anyway).

That is the reason I put these two together, their powers compliment each other. Andeddu creates nightmare hellish scenes, Odion benefits from it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.