main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New and Improved 2017 ST Trivia Extravaganza Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Birkendoc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Hey Gang, was out of town all weekend and just got back a little while ago. Too brain dead to think, so scores and this week's question will go out in the morning!

Mea Culpa,

B

2. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001
    Apologies for the delay. But let's get back on track and close out last week's question and move on to this week's puzzler!

Have to improvise a bit. At work right now and can't access photo archiving websites, so I'll make due with links.

Last week's question:

What was the silver rectangle thingy?

Answer: General Hux's belt, as seen in this image

After conferring with another game host, I have decided to be a bit more picky and need the specific owner of the belt as opposed to the answer that it was a First Order Belt. We're in to round 2 so we need to start separating the pack a bit.Remember any points bet with incorrect answers are lost points.

So after this week, standings are as such:

11-4D: 8 pts
    Ben Yoda Dagobah: 8 pts
    Crazy Old Jedi: 8 pts
    Eyeore Freak: 8 pts
    One Quarter Portion: 8 pts
    Night Angel: 7 pts
    Jedi Master Scorpio: 3 pts
    Red Xavier: 2 pts

Now on to this week's question"

QUESTION --------> How did Maz Kanata obtain the statue of herself that stood in the courtyard of her castle on Takodana?

Message me the question by next Sunday! May the Trivia be with you!

Smooches,

B

3. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    do we have to bet points again, or just the answer?

4. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001
    Yes, this whole round you bet up to three points.

nightangel likes this.
  5. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Well it looks like I'm out. The requirement to be specific should have been made up front. It's not just Hux's belt as it's seen on other officers as well. It's like showing a picture of a tauntaun's tusk, and then asking for the answer to be who's tauntaun it is after the fact...

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  6. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001
    Don't give up yet. There is still a redemption round for the low score. And this round is still young.

As for the nitpicky nature of the question, I conferred with the previous game host for advice and we decided that it would be specific since it was take from a stock photo from the film. By design, the questions are supposed to be progressively more difficult. In the last round there were impossible photos (it's trivia, it's not supposed to be super easy) to identify.I spent a week going through TFA last time trying to identify a little bit and bob in a photo only to get it wrong because it was a behind the scene photo.

I'm sorry you don't like the rules. But as I said, there is a redemption round coming up. And there are lots of points to win/lose before it's over.

Master of None likes this.
  7. redxavier

Jan 23, 2003
    The rules are fine, just be up front about them in the question. What the heck is this? That was the question. It wasn't a nitpicky question, but you wanted a nitpicky answer. There was nothing specifying that the owner of the item needed to be mentioned. I have no problem with being specific. But you changed the rules after the round had ended. Further, as I indicated earlier, that every other officer wears the same belt means it's not an exclusive item so what your question turned out to be was 'identify the photo from which this was taken' (which is far away from the actual wording of 'what the heck is this'). Photo identification trivia is great, I love it! But please, ask for what you want.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The belt isn't just a random First Order belt. It has an owner and therefore the correct answer is General Hux's belt. The call stands. Move on.

Master of None likes this.
  9. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001
    Wherein I shall quote myself from Teh Rulz:

This is a lighthearted contest. Like everyone else here, I don't get paid to show up at JCF. I do it for fun, usually on my lunch break or in the middle of the night when insomnia hits. That said, I'm a snarky broad, and sometimes the questions are snarky, because like all y'all, I'm here merely out of enjoyment of the fandom. And who wants a dry and boring set of questions? That's what a final exam in physics is for.

What the heck is this? is and always shall be shorthand for Identify the item in the photo as specifically as possible. By default, we are the hardcore fans known for loving Star Wars minutiae, not some some casual fan playing the Hardest Trivia Contest on Facebook which is always invariably overly simple and geared toward the run of the mill fan that has only seen the films once. There is the clarification some of you wanted. In all circumstances, be as specific as possible. Chances are, it will help you score points more often than not.

Repeat after me: THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN. Not angst-provoking.

Carry on Beetles,

B

10. BenYodaDagobah

BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2016
  11. Eeyore freak

Eeyore freak Jedi Knight star 2

May 19, 2016
    Answer sent

Also I like the tricksy questions. Just wanted to say that.

Birkendoc likes this.
  12. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    My answer is sent.

13. One Quarter Portion

One Quarter Portion Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2016
    Answered this one.

14. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Answer sent

15. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001
    @redxavier are you playing this week or dropping out? I want to close out this week and lob the next question before the Oscars start and want to give you one final chance to win?

Final call for an answer, or I'm moving on to next week!

16. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001
    It looks like everyone who is actively playing has answered now. Everyone who answered the question got it right.

Last week's question: How did Maz Kanata obtain the statue of herself that stood in the courtyard of her castle on Takodana?

Answer: it was a gift from her former husband.

So the scores are as follows:

11-4D: 11 pts
    Ben Yoda Dagobah: 811pts
    Crazy Old Jedi: 11 pts
    Eyeore Freak: 11 pts
    One Quarter Portion: 11 pts
    Night Angel: 10 pts
    Jedi Master Scorpio: 6 pts
    Red Xavier: 2 pts

THIS WEEK'S QUESTION (have to get both parts right) ------> What American band is tangentially referenced in The Force Awakens, and how is it referenced? Must bet 1-3 points on this one!

May the Trivia Be With You!

17. redxavier

Jan 23, 2003
    Sorry, didn't see this (and didn't get the notification). I couldn't answer this without google (and if I do that, what's the point right? ;)).

Oh, and I'll try to answer this question too and see if I can get back in (if still possible). Not going to lie, this one is hard too.

18. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Birkendoc likes this.
  19. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    answer sent. :cool:

20. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001
    For the record, internet searches have never been off limits. Can also phone a friend, etc...

nightangel likes this.
  21. BenYodaDagobah

BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2016
    [face_whistling]
    [​IMG]

Answer sent.

CrazyOldJedi and 11-4D like this.
  22. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Answer sent

23. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001

Obviously not enough...

CrazyOldJedi and BenYodaDagobah like this.
  24. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Answer sent
    (This was a dandy) :D

25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Bribery will get you everywhere apparently... :p

Birkendoc likes this.