main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New and Improved 2017 ST Trivia Extravaganza Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Birkendoc, Dec 14, 2016.

1. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    forgot to post that I also answered. :)

2. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Hey gang, since I posted the question on a Monday, I'm giving everyone until tonight to answer this question. (There's one still hanging out there).

The next question is going live tonight. If the last contestant does not answer, I'll take it as an abstention and will be eliminated from this never-ending sudden death round of perpetuity.

--Keeper o' the Trivia

3. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001
    And then there were five....

Five of you correctly answered last week's question and have lived to play another week. One did not answer, so we will be saying goodbye to One Quarter Portion. It's still sudden death, so thank ever so for playing. Hope to see you in the next round of trivia.

The rest of you trivia hounds going to be like cockroaches surviving a nuclear apocalypse. You are impossible to kill.

So in summary last week I asked the following: What music from The Force Awakens was not scored by John Williams, who wrote and performed it, and what alias did they use to remain anonymous?

The musical geniuses were none other than JJ Abrams and Hamilton's own Lin-Manuel Miranda. They scored and recorded the music for Maz's house band and went under the name Shag Kava.

If you're curious, they performed Jabba Flow and Dobra Doompa. And the language was Hutteese. Now that's commitment to the absolute nerdery of Star Wars we have come to love!

That brings the score of the remaining contestants to the following:

Ben Yoda Dagobah: 21
    Crazy Old Jedi: 21
    Eyeore Freak: 20
    Night Angel: 20
    Red Xavier: 14

This week's question due NEXT MONDAY:

--------> Fill in the blanks to the following quote:

"____, ____ ____ afraid ____ ____. ____ ____ Wookiee ____ much."

Good luck!

To quote the great philosopher H. Solo, you're gonna need it.

4. One Quarter Portion

One Quarter Portion Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2016
    ...and that's what playing too much BotW gets me. Ah well, good luck to everyone else!

nightangel and CrazyOldJedi like this.
  5. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
  6. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    answered :cool:

7. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Wondering whether we will still be here this time next year answering questions on TLJ..... :p

BenYodaDagobah likes this.
  8. BenYodaDagobah

BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2016
    Sent.

[​IMG]

redxavier likes this.
  9. Eeyore freak

Eeyore freak Jedi Knight star 2

May 19, 2016
  10. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001
    Dear Trivia Beetles, you are truly the cockroaches after the nuclear apocalypse.

You are still all here.

Last week the question was the following:

"____, ____ ____ afraid ____ ____. ____ ____ Wookiee ____ much."

The answer comes from a deleted scene from TFA in Maz's palace. Unkar Plutt says the following right before Chewie rips off his arm:

Hey, I'm not afraid of you. Half a Wookie isn't much.

Ben Yoda Dagobah: 22
    Crazy Old Jedi: 22
    Eyeore Freak: 21
    Night Angel: 21
    Red Xavier: 15

This week's question due NEXT MONDAY:

-------->

Thanks to the even more evil than I A Chorus of Disapproval for this week's question!

also, not for points, but my friend C who is sitting in my office: would a marshmallow roasted with a lightsaber tastes funny? Why or why not. It's not a knockout round question, but she really, really wants to know. Think of this as something to kill time after you answer the question

See you beetles next Monday.

11. BenYodaDagobah

Feb 20, 2016
    Wow. This question is... something.

As for the marshmallow question, I'd say it would taste different but not funny. The difference in flavor would be similar to gas vs charcoal grilling. Or maybe grilling vs pan frying. It's a matter of flavor and consistency. The kyber crystal could possibly add a salty flavor, which would be pretty good. Sweet and salty saber-roasted marshmallows.

The heat of a standard lightsaber and the rotating saber-skewer attachment would give the marshmallow a consistent roast, and if you like your marshmallows more burnt, you could always adjust the skewer angle to bring it closer to the blade. Roasting with Kylo's saber would be a little different (see diagram). Those would probably taste funny with the cracked crystal and exhaust blades.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Luke and Maul skewers can hold a bunch more marshmallows; Kylo's only works with one.

I hope that answers her question. :p

12. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    My answer to the real question of this week is that the marshmallows would taste uncooked. It's debatable whether a lightsabre blade emits heat (contact is hot certainly), it's certainly questionable whether it would be hot enough to cook anything given that we have faces and hands so close to them (it would be like sticking your face in an oven). You could have the blade make contact with the marshmallow, but then it would be horribly burnt. Ergo, vis a vis, and therefore, you can't roast.
    [​IMG]

Oh and I'll bow out now. I have no idea on this question and looking it up on google defeats the purpose of the quiz.

13. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    answer sent :cool:

14. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001
    Googling is par for the course and fully allowed. Don't give up yet!

15. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    Ah cool, that should make things easier. Wish I had known sooner though.

[face_devil]

16. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001

And you think I just pull these questions out of thin air?

The rules never said anything about phoning a friend or getting a degree in Star Warsology from the University of Google!!

17. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001
    You guys still alive here???

18. BenYodaDagobah

Feb 20, 2016
    [​IMG]

I am down! I am totally down! Mark me down!

19. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    My google-fu skills have failed me, but I did find this gem.
    [​IMG]

Birkendoc and Master of None like this.
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I would waste ungodly sums of money on a jersey/sweater of the Dark Side Emperors.

21. Eeyore freak

Eeyore freak Jedi Knight star 2

May 19, 2016
    Answer sent.

[​IMG]

22. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001
    We're down to the Final Four! Many thanks to redxavier for playing! It has been a pleasure trying to stump you. I hope you had fun along the way. Hope you return for the next ST trivia challenge once TLJ comes out!

The score is as follows:

Ben Yoda Dagobah: 23
    Crazy Old Jedi: 23
    Eyeore Freak: 22
    Night Angel: 22

Last week's question

-------->
    What professional sports team has the names of 2 players and part of their Fight Song included in alien languages in both TFA and Rogue One??

Answer: the Philadelphia Eagles of the National Football League. (As a life-long Green Bay Packers fan, this one made me a little queasy.)

Pretty soon I'm going to run out of questions. I'm not to the point of "What did Mark Hamill have for lunch last Tuesday?" but I'm getting pretty close at this point.

THIS WEEK'S QUESTION:

-------->>>> Now that Star Wars is a Disney franchise, its official comic series falls under the auspices of Marvel Comics (also a Disney franchise, all hail the Mouse!). That said, what bit of DC comics nerdery shows up as an Easter Egg in The Force Awakens, and where is it located.

Hint: Knowing the difference between DC and Marvel comics is probably a good idea.

Get at it, nerds. There's trivia to be uncovered!

redxavier likes this.
  23. Master of None

Master of None Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    :)
    Hail Mickey !!

24. BenYodaDagobah

Feb 20, 2016
    Luke Skywalker, the man that Rey offers the lightsaber to at the end of TFA, is played by Mark Hamill, who voices DC Comics villain the Joker. 8-}

Master of None likes this.
  25. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001
    That is a truth, but not the answer. What you are looking for is a hidden Easter egg.