main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The new and improved fanfic question thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Herman Snerd, Jul 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Well since the old one's been locked, I'll start anew.

So basically, if anyone has a question about any technical/timeline/obscure fact from the Star Wars Universe that you can't find anything about, here's the place to grill your fellow fanfic writers for answers.

Just be sure to sprinkle with tenderizer before grilling. ;)

2. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    Cool. I like answering questions for some reason. Never have any of my own though . . .

3. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Oh cool, Herman :D

One thing that might help, is if everyone posted what they know the most about. For instance...I know a good amount about JA-related things. I would be someone to ask about topics relating to JA.

Er...does that make any sense?

aa :)

4. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    ok, I have a question.

can there be black lightsabers? I never thought so since black is the absense of light, but I saw a pic somewhere (don't remember where, and it may have just been a bad pic) with a black saber in it. any help?

5. Talon Squad Leader

Talon Squad Leader Former Manager star 5

Dec 22, 1999
    *puts on an apron with the term "Kiss the Author" on the front* Where's the first vict-erm, burger? ;)

SquadFic questions are encouraged. :D

6. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    There was once a JC member by the name of Zenythus who claimed to weild a neon-black lightsaber.

Take that for what it's worth. But I don't think a true black light is possible.

7. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    thanks Herman. what I thought.

8. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    I dunno exactly want I'm good for. I've read all the JA books and most of the EU books before NJO. I guess I'm softa multi skilled cuz I can dig through large amounts of information quickly and remember most of what I read.

Liz: Maybe. The color of a lightsaber, from what I've heard, is determined by the color of the focusing crystals. Now I can't remember if it was the actual color of the crystal or the reverse of it . . . so if you can imagine a black or white crystal, I guess it's possible. But NOT black light: it's a completely different thing . . .

9. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    How long is one week in the GFFA?

10. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I read somewhere that it is eight days. But someone else might want to confirm that.

11. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    I have a question- what's the best way to write a non-Basic speaking character's lines? I've seen some people put the lines in italics and I think one of the books put them in these- < >, which is what I've been doing. Is there a preferred method or just whatever works for you?

12. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    It's five days:

From the tech coms:

>>A standard minute consists of 60 seconds; an hour consists of 60 minutes; a day consists of 24 hours. A standard week consists of 5 days; a month consists of seven weeks. A standard year is 368 days, including ten months, three fete weeks and three other holidays.<<

13. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    Thanks Pallas-Athena!

14. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    This is probably one of those questions that makes folks wonder how the asker could possibly consider themselves a SW fan, but...

What's the difference between the Living Force and the Unifying Force?

15. womp_rat208

Nov 8, 1999
    craigrr: I'd say the < > would work better, since some people (like me) use italics for thought.
    Di-lee: That's a very good question. I don't know. :eek:

16. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    I think the Living Force is centered more in the here and now. For example, using the Force in a combat situation or something immediate.

The Unifying Force is harder to describe. It is the source of visions, prophecy, and that sort of stuff.

I realize that this isn't the best description. I've read a good one somewhere, and am trying to remember it here, but feel like I'm failing.

17. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Thanks Herman! But aren't you supposed to be doing some beta work... [face_mischief]
    Edit - Nevermind. I just checked my e-mail. :D

womp_rat208 - Whew! Now I don't feel so silly for having to ask that question! ;) :)

18. Double_Sting

Double_Sting Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2001
    I have a question. I was wondering what is Bail Organa's age in respect to say Padme or Anakin. It's funny, because I used him in my story and I never really thought about how old he is. Not that it matters that much, but I'm just curious.

19. Liz Skywalker

Jun 13, 2000
    from waht I've seen, he's like the age of Obi-Wan. However, I'm not up-to-date on Eppy 2 news (on purpose, I don't want to know anything about it b4 I got see it) so my information may be untrue.

20. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    From what I've seen of Ep2, they haven't said much.

But (highlight for really small spoilers)

Jim Smits, who plays Bail is 46, making him around that age when he filmed E2

Hope that helps!

21. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    I need a quick answer please.

How many years after ROTJ were Jacen and Jaina born?

22. Pallas-Athena

Nov 29, 2000
  23. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Muchas gracias!

24. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    *Hopes Hermie needed to know that so he could write his next post for Unrequited*

If anyone has NJO-related questions, I'm your girl...

25. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Does anyone remember what color Obi-Wan's lightsaber is in TPM? I've read through the novelization trying to find it, and I don't own the movie. Can anyone help?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.