main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THE NEW AND IMPROVED SUPER-DUPER COSTUME AND PROPS THREAD !

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by darth_hair, Jun 9, 2003.

1. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    with so many people talking about costumes lately i figured we needed a new one .

i looked a few pages back and all i found was the starfest costume thread .

2. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Yah, I'm getting out the sewing machine real soon to work on my Ren costume :D
    Not to soon after that I'm going to work on a secret project & my Sith Witch costume.

3. YouDontKnowMe

YouDontKnowMe Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Ren Costume? What's DH going to be? Stimpy? :p [face_laugh]

4. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    My current mission, as I have chosen to accept it, is to outfit the Commando squad w/ flight helmets. The prototype will be making it's completed debut on Friday. :D (If Pueblo Josh remembers the bedpan ;) ).

Next on my HUD is a pattern for a lifesize Lt. Kettch :D [face_devil] Someone is going to help me w/ the flight suit, but I was hoping someone else might be able to help out w/ the helmet :D Please :D It doesn't need to be fancy or even that accurate, it's only for a stuffed ewok :p

5. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    running to the surplus stores tomorrow to see if they have any good used khaki bdu's I can tear up and dye and everything. and probably a tactical belt & an army green t-shirt (I can see already that I'm going to get it mixed in w/ my brown AF shirts and wear it to work one day, lol).

6. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    i think i want a set of tk armor now . and maybe a set of tie armor too .

not sure what to wear to the ren fair after im done being a snow trooper . any suggestions ?

7. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I need to start making decisions on the RenFaire costume. Maybe I'll go through the sewing patterns again tonight.

SC - the secret project! *clap*clap*clap* Can I help?

Kettch!!!! :) Zoo, do you think it will be possible to reuse/copy the pattern for Lt. Kettch? I'd love to make my own someday.

8. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    That's why I am actually trying to work out a pattern... Normally I do soft sculpture w/o one, but I knew this would be an item others would want for their very own :D

9. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    IT'S DONE! And it's as canon as I can get it right now without traveling back in time to get 6 yards of the fabric Lucas himself used. The ANH Leia dress has been completed to my satisfaction, no zipper, pull on turtle neck style t-shirt dress.

Oh, and don't forget the belt and 8 metal patch thingies. Oh are they great! Just need to put some glue in them eventually so they don't rattle. -=noddle=- Yup yup yup.

10. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    my next project: acquire new boots for my jedi costume. i can get boots custom made real cheap here. i'm gonna take some pics of obi-wan's boots to the guy downtown and see if he'll do it. for $90 i can't go wrong! :D

11. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Can't go wrong with that.

Yes, Alison you can help :D

12. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    My renfaire costume...

Middle class tudor dress

Chemise
    reed boned corset
    Hoop skirt
    petticoat
    bodice with sleeves
    and cartidge pleated overskirt
    Ah, and a french cap

I'm going to be roasting, but it will be worth it! :D

13. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I was going to be a Princess, but I'm going for cool. I'm going to be a Wench instead :D My true self :_|

14. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    ZOO...your bedpan will not be forgotten. :p What color did you want it? Or are we supposed to show up early at yer house?

My current project is finishing up a Sandtrooper backpack. Spacepacks.COM is out of stock for like, 2 more months, so I'm having to sculpt/vac my own. True, I could piece my own together from the various online tutorials, but I did that once, and it might look neat-o in the pics, but up close, on your kitchen table...*shudder*...I dare not speak of the things I've seen. :)

After that, I'm finishing up a Biker Scout for Renfest...

After THAT...I dunno -- I want do do the red Coruscant Imperial Guard from "Shadows of the Empire" and the Shadowtrooper from "Jedi Knight II." I'll need to hit up DH for a saber for my Shadowtrooper.

And if THAT wasn't enough...I've given thought to the possibility to forming wet saddle leather the same way as plastic so we could play paintball in flexible Stormtrooper armor (or any other armor for that matter) that didn't give you blood blisters everytime you kneeled down or broke a rib when you threw yerself to the floor. It could be coated with white plasti-dip to get that nice white sheen, or just spraypainted for Sandtroopers. Extra ventilation holes would be a definite must. I think it would be suh-weet.

15. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    One of the green variety please :D

And I'll have that head measurement for you tonight :D

16. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    As a sidenote, for those that don't know what wet-forming leather is, if you soak bare leather (like the "raw" kind you can buy at leather supply stores) in water for a few seconds it becomes real floppy like leather. You can form it into anything, and when it dries, since some of the tannins and stuff that keep it soft and oh, so supple bleed out, the leather hardens, but still stays flexible.

17. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Thanks for clearing that up, I think.

Just like I needed some Acetaminophen (think I'm allergic to everything else?) so this Idiot sitting next to me says she has "Non-Asprin, Asprin" WHAT THE HECK IS THAT? I NEED ACETAMINAPHEN! "is that what you have?" she says "It just says 'non-asprin, asprin'" IS THERE SUCH A THING? UUGGGGGGGH.

18. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    Tried to revive my sparring saber from it's death...made a little headway, but I need more tools. Gonna pick those up when I get a chance and see what I can do with it. Right now it looks a little dull but I'll have it w/ me tonight anyway just for a spare...and it won't hold a blade just yet either...still working on that part.

19. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    I just got some real snow trooper boots from e-bay.
    $3.26, boom!! Now that's a steal.

20. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I just did some major damage to my bank accout. :D Bought skirt fabric and stuff for my sleeves of my dress, this should be gorgeous :D

21. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    Jeff! Post pics of my hilt whenever you get a chance! I need something to hold me over until next weekend! :D

22. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Ahh.. part one of the RennFaire costume is complete... I am now breaking in my corset so that in an hour I can tighten it again and take my measurements for the bodice and skirts....

23. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I picked up a pattern and some material for the skirt and corset this evening. Tomorrow night I'll wash the material and start cutting. I didn't know one had to break in the corset, though. What all does this involve?

24. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Well what it is, is basicly I wear the corset for an hour or so and find out all the problem areas... do the armpits get irritated by it? Does it dig into my hips? Etc... it also gives me a chance to measure myself with the corset on so the skirts and the bodice fit. After an hour I would tighten it again as your body is pretty used to it now. That's all I was doing...

So what is your costume of??? :D

25. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Just remember not to pull too tight.... There is a reason those things went of general use... The abdominal and back problems caused by those things were horrendous :eek:

Be kind to your kidneys! ;)