main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THE NEW AND IMPROVED SUPER-DUPER COSTUME AND PROPS THREAD !

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by darth_hair, Jun 9, 2003.

1. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    Zoo found the needle! It was in the hay stack....wait...no....couch.

2. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    :eek: how long has it been in the couch??

3. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Don't worry Jenn :) The corset supports me it doesn't squish me...

And I am using a design that has tabs that extend down the hips so that is won't dig into my kidneys... that happened last time and I didn't like it [face_plain]

4. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    Well, having recovered from having all my projects for this past Friday break up upon re-entry, I was able to make my Biker Scout boots last night (using the tutorial on bikerscout.net), and I just ordered a black flightsuit for myself.

Since this past weekend, I've sunk my Sandtrooper backpack. I'll buy on later -- I have too many other things to do.

And sometime this week, I'll get ZOO her helmet donut bedpan thingie...after I'm able to look at the molds without having horrible flashbacks of the nightmare that Thursday night/Friday was.

5. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    The Needle - Since Friday :eek: [face_blush] Fortunately I found it and not someone else, plus it only stuck me in the side of my leg. It was the bad one, so I didn't actually feel it w/ my leg. Just heard the scratching noise it made as I brushed the couch w/ it stuck in there :eek:

TK - No worries man, just get it to JD next week when I have given him your Flight Helmet so that we can exchange. :D

JGoC - I would hope so... There are some things that vanity and the search for "beauty" tend to rob one of, so I always give that warning. ;)

6. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    ZOO...Coolness. Everything be fine and good later this week. :D

7. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Yeah Jenn... there are countless articles that proove historically victorial corsets are the only ones that did the internal organ mashing we all hear about. My corset keeps my waist the same size it just acts as a super bra :D Hehe... clevage you could suffocate anyone with.

8. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    lol! *whew* I was gone thurs. so I was safe. I was just thinking wow, what if I'd rolled over in the middle of the night and...OUCH! lol!

9. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Now that would be funny [face_laugh] Then you would really think the JBS was after ya, huh.
    1st the eye.
    2nd a needle.

Then who knows what?

10. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Too funny!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

11. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    It's just a very simple outfit - I picked up the generic ren faire pattern. I figure that with less than 2 weeks to go, simple is good.

Don't worry, I won't be tighening the corset too far! The one other time I went to a Ren Faire, I came close to passing out from a combination of the high heat, dehydration, getting over a cold, and lack of O2 because of the corset. I like O2, really I do.

Ah, that's what breaking in a corset is. Now that you explain it, that sounds like a really good idea.

12. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Quick props (pun intended) to DH for JDs saber hilt.

Holy crap. Its AWESOME.

13. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    argh! 5 more days before I get to play with it!! :(

14. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Taeriel that's actually one of the more historically accurate ones :) Good choice :D

Mines driving me nuts, but it looks good. I may even have time to do the beading I want to do :D

15. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Oh, cool. That's good... it looks Renaissance-y to me, but I don't know enough to judge how accurate it really is. I just picked it because it looks relatively straightforward, and out of the two I was considering, this is the one that Walmart had in stock. My material choice probably isn't too historically accurate, but hey... ;)

I have fabric for the skirt and corset, and got it washed last night, but didn't get quite enough motivation to get the pattern cut out. Hopefully tonight. Yikes, some of the material really started fraying around the edges, though. I'll have to do that zig-zaggy stitch on it, I think.

16. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Got my Clonetrooper helmet today! :D

17. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    That's cool. Which version is it -- the Lay's potato chip one, or a vacuum formed, or fiberglass version? At first I didn't want one, but now I want an ARC Trooper costume. :D

18. Jedi_Pilot

Feb 7, 2002
    It's one of the Canadian Kellog's helmets. Not too bad a helmet just a bit small in the front to back dimension.

19. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Aurgh!!! I finally sat down to start cutting out the pattern, and I realized that I picked up the wrong size! I never even thought to check the size range for the pattern.

20. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    terry thats cool ! is it what you expected ?

cory , i will e-mail you pics tomorow .

alison , that sucks . can you take it back ?

21. Jedi_Pilot

Feb 7, 2002
    Pretty much, I'll bring it to the next get together I'm at.

22. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Whenever that is! :p

23. Jedi_Pilot

Feb 7, 2002
    After the Fourth I'm sure, unless people want to talk about going to see The Hulk Friday night. :D

24. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I think I may have narrowed down the choices for the "air brush scene" on the back of my yet to be made Jedi/Sithy Robe....thanks to Zoo and ebay....

I should go fabric hunting soon!!!!

25. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I think someone wants to go on Saturday, since he can't get up here 'til then ;)

I may have to skip out though... I don't get paid until next week (I hope [face_plain] )