main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THE NEW AND IMPROVED SUPER-DUPER COSTUME AND PROPS THREAD !

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by darth_hair, Jun 9, 2003.

1. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    Anybody working on anything at the moment? I would be, however I cannot see my table or sewing machine at the moment due to a stuff avalanche =(

2. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I repainted my snowclone helmet and Stephanie is redoing the boots for it. That's it here.

[image=https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/248569_2055454674537_1489687833_32404679_4405839_n.jpg]

3. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I might try to get some jewelry/prop work in this weekend. But that requires de-avalanching my stuff....

4. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010

[image=http://ds9.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/publicityphotos/odo/odo_024.jpg]

5. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    I am just about done with my Royal Guard helmet mold [face_shhh] I should have a helmet to show by the end of the weekend.

Anyone that had a 2 piece ERT donut should plan on coming over for a group build so I can get them out of my shop!

I have a few other things in the works as well. I just finished 11 chest boxes and a couple of xwing helmets as well as a rough assembly on a tusken head and a mando bucket.

Dan-o and I are hopefully going to start building something big and mean soon. EXTERMINATE!

6. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I'll be ordering my Mourning Dress from a re-enactment person, but will be enlisting some SSS talent to get all of my accessories ready for the D*Con debut of my Mary Surratt costume

7. Katsu_MaRoy

Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2006
    Does anyone know how to paint a latex mask? I had one "custom painted" that was a joke. Looking for a tabby cat motif.
    While I don't recommend ANY custom work from these yahoos, their "off the shelf" stuff is OK
    http://www.northfur.ca/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=110&products_id=472

8. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    Seconded. Kat, if you find a how-to or someone in the know, will you let me know?

9. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Doc does a lot of latex work

10. Katsu_MaRoy

Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2006
    I've had some difficulty getting in touch with him, so I need another resource.

I did notice a new storefront in FoCo yesterday that had all kinds of haunted house masks and props in their window. No sign or other info...perhaps they'll officially open in June.

11. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Just purchased the first of MANY parts for a new, super secret, extra special, ULTIMATE AWESOME costume project. :D VERY Excited!

12. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
  13. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Just put in my initial order for my dress... Yes, a dress.

SOOOOOOOO EXCITED NOW!!!!!

[face_dancing]8-}[face_money_eyes][face_dancing]8-}[face_money_eyes]

14. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    I will send you a facebook friend suggestion for a guy that does great work.

15. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    So, I am massing a large collection of helmets. I have the tusken, the x wing pilot and the mando. I just completed the royal guard and am almost done with the tie pilot which I could turn into a atat driver very easily. I just acquired the correct navy deck helmet for the RFT and imperial gunner. Am working on a Biker Scout and episode 2 clone. I need to re do my episode 3 clone.

I would like to work on the Naboo pilot and Zam Wessel helmets as well.

16. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I think I have a Rubies Naboo in the closet for reference work???

17. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    I am hand sewing black trim on black fabric with black thread. No wonder my head hurts.

18. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Yay! The deck helmet also can make the Imperial Navy / Death Star trooper. The helmet is all I need to get that one done. Right now, there is only one maker for it, and I don't want to buy from him. Cal is working on it... but he doesn't have a firm time when he thinks he will have it done.

The IC is a pretty boring (but comfy) costume. The helmet makes it sooo much better.

19. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I just haven't felt all that motivated to work on costumes for a while. I want to have time to be doing other things. But tangentially related... if I keep up my motivation to house clean today, I will be cleaning up my sewing area. :p

20. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I'm starting my next costume project:

[image=https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/284905_2257453924392_1489687833_32619222_3446557_n.jpg]

A toon style clone trooper.

21. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    My mom inherited an old sewing machine from a neighbor & gave it to me. Now I don't have to dig out my sister's every time I need to do a project.

...Now I just have to figure out how to make a square dancing skirt for a group costume project I'm in.

22. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Got the boots for my Mary Surratt costume today, and I already have them on. :)

23. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    Looks like I will be needing to replace my boots for my rebel pilot, any good cost effective options? Also, how do you keep your flare piece from slipping down your boot? Or am I the only one with that problem?

24. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/used-german-military-parade-boots-black.aspx?a=792479

These are kind of a standard and drop to 20-30 bucks but you could probably find a pair on the RL for sale forum or ebay.

I can give you a holster clip for the leg strap.

25. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    Size 9

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GERMAN-GOOSE-STEPPER-BOOTS-SIZE-28N-US-9N-/250783508276?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a63dca734