main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

THE NEW AND IMPROVED SUPER-DUPER COSTUME AND PROPS THREAD !

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by darth_hair, Jun 9, 2003.

1. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Hey, there was a chick in that one too... Hmmmm, maybe we could have a squad from BSG [face_devil] [face_mischief]

2. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    SS - I've seen those jackets, but the color and material is off, and they've usually been expensive. The last one I saw was a child's medium and they wanted $225. We'll see if maybe I can get this one cheap enough.

TK - I think I know of at least one of the sites your talking about and I'm not real impressed with the accuracy of the jacket. Right material and color, but the shape just doesn't look quite right to me.

ZOO - A BSG squad would always be impressive, at most you see one or two at a con.

3. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    We'll have to look into that JP... That would actually be kinda cool :D

4. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    We need to hyde this thread from Tim, lest Vipers start to appear in the sky.

5. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
  6. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Ben just sent me the photos for his costume, so excited :D
    I looked for pictures of the Lady Death costume I want to make, but couldn't find any of her with enough clothes on. When I do it will be posted her. I did find out they are making a movie & some previews are going to be at ComicCon.

7. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    So, I've been looking for boots. I'm having a terrible time finding something that will work as a base for an Obi-Wan or Anakin style boot. Anyone find anything local that is reasonable? If I can't find anything for around $150 then I will just buy the replicas and warm up the credit card... :(

8. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    In my quest for Vader-ware, I've stumbled across some footwear resources.

I think that their (Obi-Wan/Anakin) boots in the films were either Australian Tank Boots or German Army Boots.

MotorCowboy.com actually has specific categories for both "Star Wars Boots" & "Anakin Boots". I would imagine that these would be a bit pricey.

You can also go the synthetic route, and then add the necessary leather straps, buckles & spats.

In the past, I've found some synthetic boots at grand prix equestrians

Or, you can always go eBay and search for "riding boots", and see what it turns up. Costume stuff on eBay tends to get pricey though.

9. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    Yeah, much to my wife's chagrin ($$$) I don't particularly like fake or synthetics. They just don't look, move or wear right. I would really like to find someone who custom makes boots.

10. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Try Horse & Hound (303-694-0411) & ask for Charles. I believe they do custom work. The snag for you could be the fact that you need brown boots, as opposed to the traditional black riding boots, and I don't believe that they have a supplier for brown boots anymore. Last time & checked their non-custom prices, they ran from $130 to $300.

Good luck!

11. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    It would seem that insisting people be in costume can be a dangerous thing. I told my sister that she, her husband, and her kids would be in costume for RotK. Aparently the costume thing is contageous though... her sister-in-law, hearing that they would get costumes, has just put in a request for a Galadriel dress. That adds another mock costume to be done for my trip back east in Aug.

12. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    jyro, i'll let you know how much they guy charges me for my boots. if you want a pair, we can talk....

13. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    in other news, i've decided to make a new belt from scratch to go with my anakin costume. :D i'm going to take lots of pics along the way and we can put it up on the web page as a tutorial. ;)

i'm also planning on fixing up my other belt as the buckle seems to have broken.

14. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    You need to talk to Jeff, he wants some of those custom made boots.

15. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    if i don't get a chance this weekend, i'm definitely going next weekend to inquire about the boots. i'm printing out some pics of the boots and taking them down with me. hopefully this guy will understand what i want. :p

i'll let him know that i have multiple parties interested in more if mine turn out good. ;)

16. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Cool!! Ben, I need your waist measurements, then I think with the rest I should be ok to go.

17. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000

let me know on how much fabric so i can order it all asap. :D

18. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Thought you guys might like to see the finished version of this amazing costume work :D
    [image=http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/pf232884b75bc46c579ac73783d81c197/fb982077.jpg]

19. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    WOW to that costume. Ben I will PM you tonight, I have a string on my finger to remind me.

20. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    *waits for pm*

21. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    UP!!!!!!!!!!

:D

22. Jyro-Kyrn

Nov 26, 2002
    So, Grimby, what's up with the boots?

My wife basically gave me permission :D last night to spend the big bucks on the boots, so I'd like to know my options ASAP.

Thanks!

23. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    well, i haven't gotten a chance to go down and talk to the guy about price. i really hope to get down there this weekend. so expect an update very soon! :)

24. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Ben I'm so sorry, just sent you a PM, haven't forgot about making your costume. Need to get camping done then I will put all my free time on getting you the info.

25. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    hehe, no problem. have a good trip! :D