THE NEW AND IMPROVED SUPER-DUPER COSTUME AND PROPS THREAD !

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by darth_hair, Jun 9, 2003.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Hey, there was a chick in that one too... Hmmmm, maybe we could have a squad from BSG [face_devil] [face_mischief]
  2. Jedi_Pilot Force Ghost

star 4
    SS - I've seen those jackets, but the color and material is off, and they've usually been expensive. The last one I saw was a child's medium and they wanted $225. We'll see if maybe I can get this one cheap enough.

TK - I think I know of at least one of the sites your talking about and I'm not real impressed with the accuracy of the jacket. Right material and color, but the shape just doesn't look quite right to me.

ZOO - A BSG squad would always be impressive, at most you see one or two at a con.
  3. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    We'll have to look into that JP... That would actually be kinda cool :D
  4. Sith_Slayer Force Ghost

star 6
    We need to hyde this thread from Tim, lest Vipers start to appear in the sky.
  5. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
  6. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    Ben just sent me the photos for his costume, so excited :D
    I looked for pictures of the Lady Death costume I want to make, but couldn't find any of her with enough clothes on. When I do it will be posted her. I did find out they are making a movie & some previews are going to be at ComicCon.
  7. Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Master

star 4
    So, I've been looking for boots. I'm having a terrible time finding something that will work as a base for an Obi-Wan or Anakin style boot. Anyone find anything local that is reasonable? If I can't find anything for around $150 then I will just buy the replicas and warm up the credit card... :(
  8. Sith_Slayer Force Ghost

star 6
    In my quest for Vader-ware, I've stumbled across some footwear resources.

I think that their (Obi-Wan/Anakin) boots in the films were either Australian Tank Boots or German Army Boots.

MotorCowboy.com actually has specific categories for both "Star Wars Boots" & "Anakin Boots". I would imagine that these would be a bit pricey.

You can also go the synthetic route, and then add the necessary leather straps, buckles & spats.

In the past, I've found some synthetic boots at grand prix equestrians

Or, you can always go eBay and search for "riding boots", and see what it turns up. Costume stuff on eBay tends to get pricey though.
  9. Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, much to my wife's chagrin ($$$) I don't particularly like fake or synthetics. They just don't look, move or wear right. I would really like to find someone who custom makes boots.
  10. Sith_Slayer Force Ghost

star 6
    Try Horse & Hound (303-694-0411) & ask for Charles. I believe they do custom work. The snag for you could be the fact that you need brown boots, as opposed to the traditional black riding boots, and I don't believe that they have a supplier for brown boots anymore. Last time & checked their non-custom prices, they ran from $130 to $300.

Good luck!
  11. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    It would seem that insisting people be in costume can be a dangerous thing. I told my sister that she, her husband, and her kids would be in costume for RotK. Aparently the costume thing is contageous though... her sister-in-law, hearing that they would get costumes, has just put in a request for a Galadriel dress. That adds another mock costume to be done for my trip back east in Aug.
  12. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    jyro, i'll let you know how much they guy charges me for my boots. if you want a pair, we can talk....
  13. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    in other news, i've decided to make a new belt from scratch to go with my anakin costume. :D i'm going to take lots of pics along the way and we can put it up on the web page as a tutorial. ;)

i'm also planning on fixing up my other belt as the buckle seems to have broken.
  14. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    You need to talk to Jeff, he wants some of those custom made boots.
  15. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    if i don't get a chance this weekend, i'm definitely going next weekend to inquire about the boots. i'm printing out some pics of the boots and taking them down with me. hopefully this guy will understand what i want. :p

i'll let him know that i have multiple parties interested in more if mine turn out good. ;)
  16. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    Cool!! Ben, I need your waist measurements, then I think with the rest I should be ok to go.
  17. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7

let me know on how much fabric so i can order it all asap. :D
  18. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Thought you guys might like to see the finished version of this amazing costume work :D
    [image=http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/pf232884b75bc46c579ac73783d81c197/fb982077.jpg]
  19. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    WOW to that costume. Ben I will PM you tonight, I have a string on my finger to remind me.
  20. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
  21. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
  22. Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Master

star 4
    So, Grimby, what's up with the boots?

My wife basically gave me permission :D last night to spend the big bucks on the boots, so I'd like to know my options ASAP.

Thanks!
  23. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    well, i haven't gotten a chance to go down and talk to the guy about price. i really hope to get down there this weekend. so expect an update very soon! :)
  24. SITH__CHICK RMFF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 7
    Ben I'm so sorry, just sent you a PM, haven't forgot about making your costume. Need to get camping done then I will put all my free time on getting you the info.
  25. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    hehe, no problem. have a good trip! :D
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby