main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The New and Improved Video Game Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by BFett88, Jan 8, 2007.

1. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    So is anyone else interested?

2. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I would be, but can't sneak out for a day+. I'll prolly be killing dragons in the few bits of free time I'll get here and there.

3. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    Did you get the new WoW Exspansion?

4. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I won one of their holiday contests and got a free Collector's Edition signed by all of the developers. :D

5. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    I'm interested, but unfortunately, I'll be missing this as business takes me East until the 4th of February.

6. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Been a few days since an update...

January 12, 2007

360: 9,885,303
    PS3: 1,081,620
    Wii: 3,734,702

January 23, 2007

360: 10,383,462 (~500,000 units change)
    PS3: 1,168,960 (~90,000 units change)
    Wii: 4,132,583 (~400,000 units change)

Yeah...not looking good for Sony.

7. Jedi_Guy16

Jedi_Guy16 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    At this rate, the Wii will own the gaming industry by the end of the year.

8. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    The Gnomish Death Race!

16 level 1 Gnomes!

Racing to their death, on a treacherous journey from Ironforge to Stormwind!

WHO WILL WIN!?!?!?

9. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    That is really funny. I love how dramatic the music is. I was only able to watch a bit here at work. Did any survive?

10. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I don't know. I'm in the same pickle -- at work and can't watch it all/listen to video. One of my guildies posted the link.

11. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    How much money have they made off them? If all of the PS3s were the $600 unit (not likely... I figure a 60/40 split with the low-end taking 60%), that'd be $600M and with the $250 price of the Wii, that's... like a billion dollars.

Oh, and as for the Gnomish Death Race... Not all survive.

12. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    Sony is taking a 300 dollar hit on each one. So they are losing money.

13. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Awesome. The classic bad business decisions that Sony always makes have gotten even worse. LOL.

14. Jedi_Guy16

Nov 28, 2001
    I think Sony just got cocky because of the success of the PS2. Now they're paying the price for that. Zoom's posted numbers showing how the Wii is kicking the PS3's arse, but here's a real-world example:

I work part-time at Gamestop and we get a lot of people calling, coming into the store, sometimes even camping out... all for Wiis. We've regularly had PS3s in stock since the beginning of the month and it seems like nobody wants them. We've even put up signs all around the store announcing that we have the system in stock. Gamestop's even gone so far as to ask us employees to answer the phone "Gamestop, where we have the PS3!" Yet the things just sit in the back room, slowly being sold to unsuspecting suckers--whoops, I meant fine customers! ;)

15. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    I have all three systems and I must say the one that has impressed me the most is the XBox360. It currently has the best games and the best online service. I like the Wii and the idea it brings to the table, but most of the games on it are very gimicky. If it wasn't for Zelda I might not have picked it up. I mean you can't complain on the price point. The PS3 is an awsome system with alot of potential. Currently there is only one game exclusive to it that is worth playing. With the 600 dollar price point it just does not seem that worth it currently. The reason I bought it is, I had the money at the time and I know I would want it in the future. So get it now and I will not have to worry about trying to find the money some other time.

16. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
  17. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    That is really funny. Man Sony is really screwing up. "...shakes head..."

Zoom that video was really funny and I don't even play WoW. It seems like seven survived.

18. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Tell me you've at least seen the Leeroy Jenkins video? Or the Wow Southpark episode?

I just got accepted to the Lord of the Rings Online Beta. w00t.

Unfortunately, I'm not too impressed with the screenies. It looks too much like every other fantasy game out there that's based off the Tolkien template (humans/orcs/elves/blah) -- nothing unique about it, except that it's technically the original concept where all other games came from. [face_plain]

19. Jedi_Guy16

Nov 28, 2001
    LEEEEEEEEEROOOOYYYY JENKINS!!!

LOL. That thing cracks me up.

20. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    I agree that is a really funny video.

How they are all getting ready to go in and kill those eggs and dragons. Then Leroy runs in and wakes them all up.

It is great.

21. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    This Saturday at 5:30 it's game time. If you need directions let me know and I will PM you. We are doing a Taco bar type of thing, so make sure you bring drinks. Dew is always good.

22. e1jnky

e1jnky Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2004
    My brother in-law got the new smaller PS2 for christmas so he gave me his old one. The only game I have so far is the Clone Wars and I SUCK really bad at it! We have an old SEGA w/ all the Sonic games & a Dreamcast with some sort of weard games. I don't know if we have plans for the weekend, but we might stop by on Sat.

23. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    Cool just let me know. Hope to see you there.

24. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    I'll bring some Dew (I happen to have some that some dude left at my place). And a few other choice beverages.

25. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    Who is that some dude? He must be real lame.

So I am about half way done with Guitar Hero on Medium difficulty. I am trying to teach myself to only use three fingers and not my pinky until hard. I am getting better at it.