main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The New and Improved Video Game Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by BFett88, Jan 8, 2007.

1. corran_r9

corran_r9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2009
    Anyone play Modern Warfare 2 on xbox live?

2. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    Shane does. I havent gotten it yet. Maybe after christmas. I am playing Assassins Creed 2, then I am on to far cry.
    Look me up on XBL = darth hair

Play much halo? we want to go start to finish on halo3 with 4 person co-op.

3. corran_r9

Dec 3, 2009
    Cool, I'll add you when I get on my tag is effectak , I haven't played halo3 online at all, but I do have it. I'd be up for some co-op though. Anyone else feel free to add me to your friends list if ya like.

4. TheFettedOne

TheFettedOne Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2008
    WOW,

What is up with all the negativity with The Force Unleashed 2? I understand that it is disapointing that it is not Battle Front 3, or a new Repbulic Commando game. We all should know that KOTOR 3 will not be coming any time soon with Star Wars Old Republic coming. But the first game was a lot of fun, sure it had its issues. But we can hope the second will improve upon the first. If they can do that, then TFU 2 could be something really special.

5. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008

The trailer for TFU2 looks very cool. Although, yes, shouldn't he be dead? I only read the comic and novel...but (spolier!) he's dead, right? Is this the secret, zombie apprentice?

6. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I agree completely with your guys's posts. I'm really dissapointed --I was hoping for BFIII.

TFU was fun, to a point, but does NOT have the replayability that BFI and II do. I still play both of those regularly, but haven't touched TFU in months. I think TFU2 will be the same: Play once and discard.

7. gundarkhunter

gundarkhunter Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2008
    Sweet! I can choose whether to play my "Good" Cmdr Shepard or my renegade! Almost like getting two games for the price of one as I'm sure they'll have very different stories. Can't wait to see how the little decisions that seemed to have no effect the first time around will come into play. Like the fan on the Citadel I told to get lost [face_devil]

8. corran_r9

Dec 3, 2009
    Ok, so I was talking to someone at the party about adding them on xbox live. Was it you bfett88? I can't remember! Anyways, whoever it was you can add me : effectak

9. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    does anyone not? *looks around*

10. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    I don't have the game but Shane does. Maybe after Christmas I will get it. Cory, do you have Halo3

11. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    I do not, sir. I will surely get it at some point, but have never been a big enough Halo fan to have to get it so far. Maybe when it drops another $10.

12. gundarkhunter

Nov 2, 2008
    Very interesting article about the games of yore, particularly FF7. While I don't agree with everything in it, the article does make some interesting points.

13. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    Got Dead Space for x-mas and just finally got a chance to play it sunday. This game is friggin sweet so far. Creepy as hell...but fun. I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, but it's a damn fine game so far.

14. corran_r9

Dec 3, 2009
    Hey, I'm gonna be home tomorrow night. Who is up for some Halo 3 co-op? I got two weeks off... so let me know!

15. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    Dead space is a great game! The animated movie isn't bad either but the WII game looked kind of crappy.

Joe, have you ever played Farcry? I have been playing Farcry 2 and I think its right up your ally.

16. gundarkhunter

Nov 2, 2008
    Played a Demo for the first one a few years back. I liked it a lot, I'll have to check out FC@ some time.

17. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Hmmm.... I got a copy of Farcry 2 with my video card when I bought my new computer. Might have to give it a whirl.

18. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    I'll let you borrow it if you want.

19. gundarkhunter

Nov 2, 2008
    That'd be cool :)

Picked up a 2-d sidescroller called Muramasa for Wii - Awesome game! Not a lot was done to import this game from Japan apart from adding subtitles, but it works very, very well. Any fan of Kabuki, Samurai flicks, Anime or even just 2-d sidescrollers should check this out! Plays like old-school Metroid with Samurai, swords and ninja instead of intergalactic bounty hunters, lasers and aliens.

Rushing through Mass Effect to finish my Renegade Shepard play through before the 26th. Can't wait!

20. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    Transformers: War for Cybertron looks totally awesome! Well...the movie/cutscene/preview looks awesome. Who knows what the game play is actually like.

21. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    that does look awesome. Cant wait to see some game play footage. Transformers 2 the game was horrible! It was unplayable. Megan Fox won an award for the game too. Didn't even hear her in it.

22. gundarkhunter

Nov 2, 2008
    A Mass Effect movie?

Methinks the game experience itself is as cinematic as it could be, plus I get to make the choices. Why would I want to experience Mass Effect without the choice of whether or not I TKO nosy reporters?

23. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    That might work as a trilogy. the core of the games would have to be front and center in a movie. Not just the events loosely acted out by a character thats nothing like the one in the game. The tough choices and vastness of the Mass Effect universe.

Joe, there is a Farcry movie I have in my netflix instant watch q

24. Jomama

Jomama Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2009

Wow I hope the game comes at least close to being as pretty as the cutscenes. I'm excited that you can identify the charecters to their G1 likeness unlike the movies. Omega Supreme and Trypticon look great!

25. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    If there's a 'card' that I should be surrendering because of this, I surrender it... I'm playing Star Trek Online. For those of you who know me pretty well, you know I'm not a huge Trek fan, and I've never played an MMO (somehow managed to avoid WoW thus far entirely) and yet... here I am. What the spork?