The New and Improved Video Game Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by BFett88, Jan 8, 2007.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. gra-co_o_hun Force Ghost

star 5
    GoldenEye is cooooooooooooooooool. :cool:

I've barely scratched it but it's fun with the Wii remote. :D
  2. Jomama Jedi Grand Master

star 2

Is it like the old school N64 Goldeneye? The trash talk that game brings out of people is unreal.
  3. The_Kwisatz_Haderach Jedi Master

star 1
    Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is awesome, provided one enjoys that franchise (duh). Only played a few hours, but I'm loving it. Highly recommend it.
  4. -Gundark- Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I will get back into AC again as soon as I finish Dragon Age and New Vegas but it looks like it may be awhile. DA:eek: seems HUGE, especially with Awakenings and all the DLC. Really hoping EA puts more of these "bargain packs" out. It was really nice to buy a game knowing that with the exception of a true sequel, I own the entire thing. I hate buying games on the installment plan.

Also, every gamer everywhere* who has ever played a video game ever should see this just to see how far we've come since Pong and Pac-Man. WOW.

*note: Not for the eyes and ears of anyone who might be offended by a trailer for an R rated movie.
  5. gra-co_o_hun Force Ghost

star 5
    Joe, when I was still pumping quarters in machines too far ago, I never, never thought that we would ever have the caliber of those games in Home.

I was up and gone by 7:30 in the morning before school so I could play Donkey Kong for a half hour before first bell. [face_laugh]
  6. -Gundark- Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I hear ya, Dude. I grew up on Zelda and Duck Hunt and now I'm constantly impressed and amazed at the level of realism shown in CGI and in-game animation. This trailer was particularly impressive, though, because the faces were just eerily expressive. I've never seen facial mocap done half as well, even in CGI films and television. L.A. Noire makes things seem just one step closer to the Holodeck, which makes me a happy gamer :)

And...and! As great as it looks I'm even more impressed by what Game Informer had to say on the gameplay:

You're a cop in 1947 in what they say will be a full open map of L.A. (c.'47). You start out as a beat cop and get promoted to various desks in the department like Arson, Burglary all the way up to Homicide. You'll have to investigate crime scenes with no assistance (no context sensitive highlighting) from the game and conduct interrogations by watching suspects faces to see if they're lying. And that doesn't even include the story, which I'm sure will be great in typical R* fashion. [face_peace]
  7. -Gundark- Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    [face_dancing] I'm finally on PSN! [face_dancing]

Send me a pm if you want my gamertag.
  8. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    Last post on Feb 9th? WEAK!

I finished God of was 3 last night and cant tell if I live to hat eit or hate to love it. The button mashing you could do in your sleep but the story was actually really good. I ran through as fast as I could on easy and finished it in about 9 hours. Sometimes the puzzles were very easy and sometimes they were so stupid they were hard.

On to finish New Vegas, Portal 2 and try Allen Wake.
  9. corran_r9 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    i'm gonna have to come by and play some God of War :p I'm about 8 hours into Dead Space, probably about 16 hours of actual playing time. It seems to save your games according to how far in the game you are, instead of actual play time. And it keeps giving me funky dreams. I think I killed all of RMFF in one, cause I thought you were necromorphs. Who has played Dragon Age? Any good?
  10. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    I was playing Lego Star Wars 3, but it got a circular scratch in it... I think that disc is toast. :( Great game, though. Lots of fun.

So I'm back to Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter.
  11. -Gundark- Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    So...anybody else getting L.A. Noire?
  12. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    I hope its a good game, you have been waiting a yea and a half for it. I will wait to see what its all about.

I still cant put my finger on brink.
  13. -Gundark- Jedi Grand Master

star 4

Anyone got a spare flux capacitor they're not using? I'll have it back to you in a week, I swear.
  14. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
  15. BFett88 Force Ghost

star 4
    Im going to start playing Portal 2 tonight. I hope it is fun....
  16. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
  17. BFett88 Force Ghost

star 4
    PS3, I am not buying games for my XBox anymore, unless they are exclusive and awsome..... Then I would have to go and buy a brick....
  18. -Gundark- Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    One week from today. I need a time machine because the wait this week is going to be painful [face_skull]

19. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    don't let this happen to you!
    [image=http://tvmedia.ign.com/tv/image/article/747/747059/south-park-season-ten-review-20061122045519804.jpg]
  20. -Gundark- Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Meh, either I subjectively get the game early or end up in the year 2511. Win-win[face_dancing]
  21. TyriaTainer Jedi Master

star 4
    Finally finished Portal in order to fully understand and play Portal 2. I hope it's just as entertaining as the first.

LA Noire sounds really really good. And I'm really looking forward to the release of Arkham City.
  22. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    I am about 1/3 through Portal 2 and the humor is great, the puzzles are more entertaining and the story is really good so far. Let us know what you think as you go.

Was able to play some online black ops today!
    Joe how is LA Noire? Will I like it?
  23. -Gundark- Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I think you would. It does have some Heavy Rain elements but it feels much more balanced and not nearly as slow paced (You don't have to make dinner or perform controller flips to open doors or anything like that). PLENTY of action, no problem there: car chases, shootouts, hostage situations, stuff you'd expect. The investigation/interrogation parts feel like they are paced just right and each case feels smaller than the huge game-spanning story in Heavy Rain so you get a little more instant gratification: Find a few clues, talk to a witness or two, drive to a crime scene then one or two other locations, rinse, repeat. You also get street crime radio dispatches during any given case. So far for street crime calls I've had two robberies in progress and one purse snatcher, each taking about 20 minutes with the case itself (think, um...chapter, I guess?) taking about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how fast you find the evidence/crack the witness.

All in all, I'd say if you liked RDR, anything Noire like Dark City or L.A. Confidential or (Insert Bogart Movie Here) or have ever wanted to play a good, scratch that, GREAT cops and robbers game, this is the game for you.

The Motionscan alone is worth seeing. WOW!
  24. gra-co_o_hun Force Ghost

star 5
    Behind the curve as usual but I started "Mass Effect" finally. [face_hypnotized] Coooooooooooooooool.
  25. darth_hair Force Ghost

star 5
    dude, that game is freakin killer! When your done with it, you can borrow my copy of Mass Effect 2!
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby