main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The New and Improved Video Game Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by BFett88, Jan 8, 2007.

1. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005

I think I'll be able to make it this Saturday. What time? Shall I bring anything to imbibe?

2. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Bring your choice of beverage I guess and maybe some chips or other munchies if you feel inclined. I was thinking I'd pick up some pizza from Papa Murphy's to munch on throughout the night.

Again, it's my house this Saturday night. We'll start around 5-ish or whenever people decide to show up. PM me for directions.

Systems I have: NES, Genesis, Gamecube, Wii. I have some N64 games as well but no system. Bring whatever you want to play, but I think we'll seriously be tearin' up some Rogue Squadron for most of the night. :)

In addition to the main TV, we can also use my 24" widescreen computer monitor so there can be two systems going at once. (it can only take s-video or rca inputs so if anyone has one of those converter things for a rf input please bring it.)

3. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    Dude! You gotta make it!

I'm in!

Oh! YES! we will. That game kicks booty! =P~

4. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    I bought Marvel Alliance for the regular Xbox yesterday! Whoa!
    If you like X-men:Legends, then you will like this. Lots of Heroes in this one. It would take some serious time to build up all the abilities in this game. Whew!

5. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I got sidetracked by those damn web comics. And a cupcake. And somebody needing a priest for a quick dungeon run.

January 12, 2007

360: 9,885,303
    PS3: 1,081,620
    Wii: 3,734,702

January 23, 2007

360: 10,383,462 (~500,000 units change)
    PS3: 1,168,960 (~90,000 units change)
    Wii: 4,132,583 (~400,000 units change)

February 23, 2007

360: 10,578,296 (~190,000 units)
    PS3: 1,475,444 (~310,000 units)
    Wii: 4,693,916 (~560,000 units)

Source: NexGenWars

In addition, SCEA's Jack Tretton has offered up $1,200 for every PS3 you can find. We'll all be rich!

6. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Anyone else down for some video gamin' tomorrow night?

My house. Saturday. 5-ish til whenever. PM me for directions.

7. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    I would but I have to go to my in-laws house tomorrow.

Have fun, I wish I could be there.

8. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    It's lookin' a little slim Grim but I'm still up for it. I have a 64 and the best shoot out multiplayer I have ever seen. It's on Perfect Dark for the 64. It's a hoot and on your giganto screen, it should be awesome!

9. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    wish i had seen this.

i loved perfect dark. i lent it to a friend and never saw it again...

10. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    You didn't miss out DH, I never made it due to being snowed in. I will bring it to the next game night.

11. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    We cancelled it actually. Jonathan was sick. So, Shane, when's the next one? :)

12. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Picked up Final Fantasy III for the DS. I've only ever played FF7(PSX).

I'm only 6 hours in so far, but I'm loving it. They've given it a 3D facelift -- the old skool rasters are gone. Unforuntately, FF6 was just released for the GBA, but it didn't get the facelift. It's still the same basic graphics from the SNES (or was it N64? I dunno -- never played it).

13. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    It was on the Snes

14. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Continue to advance on Marvel Alliance. The further I get into the game, the more replay value there is. Each character has a "Danger Room" session designated for their specific fighting style and a major villian for them to face off against at the end of the session.

Spider-Man vs The Scorpion
    The Thing vs The Rhino
    Wolverine vs Warstar
    Ghost Rider vs Baron Mordo just to name a few.

Each character rerquires some time in this area of the game to truly get used to the powers each one exhibits.
    If you want the most out of each character's abilities, you gotta play these mini-games!

I dare say, this is the ULTIMATE Marvel heroes game, even better than X-men Legends and those rocked!

15. Grimby

Apr 22, 2000
    I've been playing Metroid Prime 2: Echoes a lot lately. I'm determined to get through it before the new one comes out on Wii. Apparently I'm about 50% through it right now. It's a lot tougher than the first Prime, but I think I like it a little better.

16. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    There is a great site I go to for all things video game oriented...

http://www.gamespot.com/

17. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    I go there everyday multiple times.

www.ign.com is good too, same with www.1up.com

18. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    So I picked up SSX for the Wii. This game is very fun but also very hard. I would recomend it. I also picked up Resident Evil 4 for the PS2, it is only 20 bucks now. You have to love the greatist hits line. Also God of War 2 comes out next week. This is going to be a AAA title. I think I am finally over half way with Twilight Pricess. I just finished the Ice Mountain area. On to the next, still need two more pieces to the Twilight Mirror.

19. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
  20. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    Good question! Sometime in April? Any interest?

21. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    We could do a game night April 7th, but the next day is Easter. Is there any interest on the 7th. We could do next weekend, but that only gives people a Weeks notice. Then the 14th is the weekend before StarFest and I am sure people need to get ready for StarFest. Then the 21st is StarFest and the next weekend will be a weekend to recoup.

So what do people think?

22. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    dude, we could do it at starfest on friday??????

23. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    DUDE!!! That could be really cool. I could bring my 32 inch TV and my PS2. But I would need help getting that thing into my car and out. It weighs a ton.

24. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    i think you could use the hotel tv

25. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    Yes but more than one is always good.