main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The New and Improved Video Game Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by BFett88, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    We could do it at my apartment if you want. I'm about a mile away from the Marriot.

2. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    My life is almost complete: Enemy Territory -- Quake-based semi-MMO. It's like Battlefield 2...only Quake.

I've already pre-ordered. :D :D :D

3. MoD-Sith

MoD-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    i bought it for my 360. it is one of the funnest games i have ever played,a long with Oblivion.

4. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    I got mercaneries for the xbox. Pawn shops are great for used games. LOVE THE GAME!! you can what ever you want. I planted some c4 on a big monument. BOOM suckas. killed a whole group of civlians standing under it.

5. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005

It truly is one of the BEST superhero games I've played and I have played them all or close to it.

I snuck a peek at some of the cheats and I just had to have the one that unlocks all the alternate costumes for every character.

I put everybody in their 70's and 80's costumes! It's sooooooo cool!

Beta Ray Bill rocks!

6. hyperdyne

hyperdyne Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2004
    Yah, I played marvel alliance for my xbox. A great game - my son even enjoyed playing it.

I just finished playing ghost recon 2 for xbox 360. Very good game IMO. Graphics are awesome and there is just something great about firing a minigun from a blackhawk. :)

7. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    i finnished kotor2 last week and started devil may cry 3, call of duty and x men leagands 2 and i just cant get into them

8. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Mercenaries is a great game. I've thought about letting Isabel have a crack at it and see how she does, but I'm worried she'd be working for the SAS before she was 16.

9. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    Isabel is not River. :p

10. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    have you met our daughter? o_O

She talks about stuff being "old skool" and "new skool" and she's only 5. She also knows what to do in case of zombie outbreaks (aim for the head).

11. ArchaicRebel

May 11, 2004
    Knowing and doing with supernatural instinct are two different things. But I can see where the concerns about working for the SAS come from...

12. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    Did I mention that she has been known to beat my slacker brother at video games? They used to play halo and battlefront together. The only thing I'd worry about with her is the recoil. She's tiny and doesn't even weigh 40 pounds yet. :p

13. ArchaicRebel

May 11, 2004
    There's some out there should take right good care of that recoil problem...

14. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    Not like when I was 5 and my dad thought it would be great to let me shoot the jack-o-lantern with a shotgun.... It knocked me over and made me cry, even though he had me braced. I think I destroyed it tho. I only remember the falling over. :D

That was also the year I drove the tractor while he loaded hay on the wagon...

15. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Yeah, the new .50 cal they're testing has just barely more recoil than a .22.

I've thought about taking her to the range with me, too, but...again...same problem as with "Mercenaries."

16. hyperdyne

hyperdyne Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2004
    LOL. Try shooting rifled slugs out of my Benelli 12 gauge semi-auto riot gun. It's a hoot, but my shoulder is still toasted from 2 weeks ago.

17. RubberDuckTape

Oct 27, 2003
    back to video games...I finally got the DDR (dance dance revolution) game for the x-box. I found a mat online for $10 and the 4th game online for pretty cheap, so I ordered them. The mat came today, but the game has 4-10 more days before it should arrive. I couldn't wait, so I stopped at a local used game place and got the 3rd ultramix one. IT TOTALLY ROCKS! I played for about 20 minutes and only stopped because I had to get the bug and still need to work 2 more hours...that and I was getting pretty sweaty. I can see how this is good exercise, and the one I got even has an exercise option. Maybe this will help with the fact I'm a white girl and i have no rhythm...but I don't think it can work miracles.

:D

18. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    Try one at a time DH. :D

19. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
  20. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    I only find CoD fun when I can beat up on other people. :D

21. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    i think i need another good 1 person squad based game like republic commando or rainbow 6

anyone know of one?

22. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    ya rly. That kid is way beyond her years. I can see her winning a science fair by making homemade c4 and a crystal radio detonator. either she gets the blue ribbon or the school gets a new gym.

We could always start her on something small. 9mm,22lr or the ar-15 and move up as she gets older.

Been having insane fun on mercaneries. Got the urge for zoom inspired chaos. Took down an entire city with c4 and a tank. Later I was out of ammo and pinned by a north korean on a jeep. Whats a guy to do? air strike baby!! 2000 lbs of laser guided fun.[face_devil]

23. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    ok, i thik im gonna buy this. gamestop.com has it listed for $12.99 used

24. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    Is this still on? At the hotel or at Grimby's? I'd prefer a different weekend, since I'll only be at Starfest on Saturday, but I'm down with majority rule.

25. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    At the con would be great, as it'd actually give me the opportunity to make it to a video game night...but...past experiences tell me that even if we have all the gear there, we probably won't be doing any gaming at all.