main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The new bad guys voice during a new commercial!?!?!?! (possible spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Super_Battle_Droid, Feb 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    The preview with the mysterious voice hasn't been uploaded yet. But it looks like it will be soon!!!^^^^^

2. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    Upload, upload, I can't take it! :D

3. starbird2273

starbird2273 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2003
    As far as I can tell, the picture contains Sidious, Dooku, Ventress, and a Super Battle Droid (from left to right).

I guess you are right. I couldn't trust my eyes, they deceived me.

4. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Yes it's up on the front page. The minute long one!!!! :D :D :cool:

*downloading now*

Thanks Frank_Palpatine!!!!

EDIT: OMG who is that voice!!!!!!! If Grievous sounds like that, then I'll be chuffed to bits. (but it might not be him though)

5. Frank_Palpatine

Frank_Palpatine TFN Video Encoder • JC Icon Artist star 4 VIP

Mar 29, 2002
    Yeah, the voice sounds great, doesn't it? :cool:

You're welcome, by the way. :D

Short PSA: If anyone ever sees anything SW related on TV, feel free to shoot me a PM to let me know. I'll always do my best to make it available for download. It's my job here, after all. :)

6. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Whoa... cool pictures there. :) :) :) Looks like this will be good.

7. Mc-Lan

Mc-Lan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2003
    It sounds alot like Dooku but not quite

Vote Now!!!

This post made possible by Mc-Lan :cool:

8. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    W00t! Way to go Frank! :D

9. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    I think that we can be pretty sure that this is the new bad guy's voice. It just can't be a coincidence that you can hear the voice right after the narrator says "Then Season 2 will change the Star Wars Universe forever...".

10. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Hehe... can't wait for the next part of the series now!

11. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    That was pretty damn cool :D

I wonder if they'll get the same voice for Ep3.

12. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    its 100% Grevious

it cant be anything else

its robotish but alienish

not Durge not human voice as in Dooko

nothing else

its Grevious

13. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    OMG those pics look AWESOME!!! :D I can't wait for Anakin vs. Asajj!

14. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    In his latest Hyperspace Drop-Box question and answer thingy, Pabs has said that the voice actor who voices General Grievous in Clone Wars is not the same person who will voice him in Episode III.

So if that voice in the preview is the General, it's not exactly how he'll sound in Episode III.

(Pabs also said that we'll find out more later this week.)

15. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    So if that voice in the preview is the General, it's not exactly how he'll sound in Episode III.

They can get it pretty close.

16. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    It's very possible. Yoda and Dooku's voices were almost exactly the same as they were in the movie.

17. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Okay but I didn't think Obi-Wan's, Anakin's and Palpatine's were...

Clone Wars GG could be almost exactly the same, very close, or it could be an approximation. It just won't be exactly the same. :)

EDIT: However, since the General's voice is a partially synthesised / enhanced voice, (all touched up on the computer) I'm now thinking the Clone Wars and Episode III voices will be made to sound very much alike as a posed to Obi-Wan for example, for whom they had to find a close match for Ewan's human voice (Yoda's easier to imitate I expect).

18. Xenobi

Xenobi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Its Piccolos voice! and VEGETAS! how cool!..its the same guy who does both their voices!

19. Celticsfan

Celticsfan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    I definitely like his voice. Very cool.

Thanks for making the commercial available for all, Frank_Palpatine. :)It never airs when I try to catch it.

20. DoubleSith

DoubleSith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2002
    Grievous is BENDER!?

From the latest Homing Beacon:

"Issue #98 of the Homing Beacon introduced readers to many of the voice actors performing in the first installment of the Star Wars: Clone Wars micro-series. With the second season of ten episodes coming this month, here's a look at some of the new vocal talents and characters to be featured.

Returning as main characters are Mat Lucas as Anakin Skywalker, James Arnold Taylor as Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anthony Daniels as C-3PO and Tom Kane as Yoda. Grey De Lisle is once again Padmé Amidala and Asajj Ventress. She will add Shaak Ti to her list of characters, as the beautifully exotic alien Jedi Master appears in the final episode.

Kevin Michael Richardson will provide the voice of the tusked Whiphid Jedi, K'Kruhk. He has leant his voice to Star Wars video games in the past, portraying Mace Windu and Eeth Koth in games such as Star Wars: Obi-Wan and Star Wars: Jedi Power Battles. He is the voice of Jolee Bindo in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. He can also be heard as Deus Ex Machina in The Matrix: Revolutions.

Daran Norris, who voiced Durge in the first season, will play Jedi Masters Ki-Adi-Mundi and Daakman Barrek. Norris plays Mr. Turner on "The Fairly Odd Parents," and he can be seen in Mark Hamill's Comic Book: The Movie as an ersatz Commander Courage.

Playing Luminara Unduli is Cree Summer. Her distinctive voice is often recognized as Penny from the "Inspector Gadget" series, and she was on-camera on "A Different World" as Freddie. She has a connection to the animated Star Wars universe, providing the voice of Princess Kneesaa in the first season of "Ewoks."

Tatyana Yassukovich plays Barriss Offee. She can be heard as the voice of the storyteller in 2000's Chocolat.

Andre Sogliuzzo returns to play Captain Typho. The actor also provides the voice of all the clone troopers, the ARC troopers, and the battle droids. He also provided the voice of the clones in LucasArts' Star Wars: Clone Wars video game.

Known to many fans as the voice of Bender on "Futurama," John DiMaggio not only plays a Padawan in the micro-series, but is also the menacing voice of General Grievous in the series. General Grievous is an Episode III character who makes his debut in the final episode of Star Wars: Clone Wars. Don't expect much in common between Grievous and Bender though. The General of the droid army isn't likely to invite any Jedi to bite his shiny metal posterior.

Star Wars: Clone Wars micro-series begins again on March 26 on the Cartoon Network, and online on starwars.com Hyperspace, with exclusive audio commentary by creator Genndy Tartakovsky."

21. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Grievous is BENDER!?

:p I don't know about the rest of you guys, but being from the UK, I find this highly amusing in a very childish way... :p

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

22. Mr_Burns

Mr_Burns Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 12, 2001
    That is brilliant casting.

I wish they would keep him for Episode III...

23. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Hot off the back of this 'good news', an exclusive image from Episode III has been uncovered:

[image=http://www.foxwelldrive.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bitemy.jpg]

24. Obi-Ron42

Obi-Ron42 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.