main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO **The New Banner Discusion** Feed back desired

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by quigon_brian, Oct 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    You guys are worrying too much about this, seriously. This is something that is more easily decided on the boards than at a meeting. Something like a name change is easy because we can discuss it, but banners we want to look at to make the final decision. I don't think printing them out and such will be quite the same.

Anyway, I'd like to request a board color scheme similar to the current one (you know the darker blue on the lighter blue). It is very friendly to my poor failing eyes and its soothing too. I may have said this before, I forget things. Too much work lately.

2. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    I just think the amount of uselesness should count him out:)

I shouldn't be involved, I guess....

3. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Hey now, if we're gonna tease KOB we should do it in the bash thread.

4. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    You know, I honestly think if someone stumbles across this site while we are voting, they won't really care about what banner we are voting on.

How's this:
    All people that have posted in the Introduction thread can vote.

Frankly, I'm sick of this topic... [face_plain]

5. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Well, your two weeks are up, so I can remove the Boston images.

Do you guys have a new banner, or should I just switch you back to the old one?

~H~

6. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Old one for now. We should have the new one sometime in December I think. Thanks H!

7. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    also, could we get the "Go crazy folks, Go crazy. The Cards have won the pennant!!!" taken down too?

it makes me sad to look at it

8. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    You know, I was just going to post that same thing.

For the marquee, why don't we have something like "The Next STLFF Meeting will be December 18th at Lazer Core in O'Fallon MO." or something like that? You know, just the main news or something. When the banner voting comes around, we should put that up too.

We need a news thing at the top of the page like the Chicago FanForce does.

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I'll PM Jurist now. Sorry guys I've been out of it the last week.

10. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    I'll take of the banner and the announcement line when I get home from work today.

~H~

11. quigon_brian

Aug 16, 2001
    Just to remind everyone, we're about one day away from the deadline.
    It has to be posted by 12:00 sharp (2:00 am our time).

Remember, just post a full size image of it. Whichever one wins can be broken up into the 4 sections later.

I think I'll post the official voting rules Thursday evening after we have a couple days to discuss them. Is everybody cool with that?

I'm really hoping to have mine done in time. I've been so swamped this month that I've had almost no free time. Plus I spent way too much time on the main top left part and now I'm rushing to figure out how the rest should look.

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Brian, considering the time of year, if you want to extend it, there is now problem from my end. These next couple weeks are the worst for quite a few of us.

13. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I'll consider giving it a shot if the deadlines extended awhile past finals week.

14. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Oh ****! I forgot about the banner these past weeks!! :oops: :oops: DARN IT!!!

Well, it's not going to be done in time. I've had too much school presentations and stuff to do, I wasn't home much over the break, which was when I was going to work on it and finish it. Maybe towards the middle of December, a few more weeks, I will finally have it done... I will post the banner anyways, even though we won't be voting on it.

Geez, all that talk about the voting too... I feel so bad about this... Why does life always get in the way of things? :(

15. Darthtrader

Darthtrader Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2001
    Actually the current banner is not that bad.It's the Arch Vader part of it I can't stand.

16. quigon_brian

Aug 16, 2001
    there's nothing wrong with the current banner. in fact, I think it's really will go down as a timeless piece of art. it's just time for a change. plus I don't have the photoshop file so that I could change the name. trust me, I cringed when I knew I had to put that name on my banner.

as far as the new one goes, I think we shouldn't have to push back the date. like I said at the beginning of november, we had a whole month to do it. the whole point to picking this date was so that people that have finals could get it out of the way before they have to start preparing for them.

however, I don't want just me to post one and that be it. I (and many others here) am going to be busy with school stuff for the next three weeks.

how about we extend the date to December 21st?

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Sounds fine to me.

18. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    Me too!

19. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    That's do-able. :D

20. quigon_brian

Aug 16, 2001
    [image=http://www2.truman.edu/~bss279/banner.jpg]
    [image=http://www2.truman.edu/~bss279/banner_noflare.jpg]

As you all know, all the new banners need to be posted by 12:00 sharp (2:00 am our time)

We will discuss them for a week, and then voting will take place.
    I'll talk to Dajaun on how voting will be done.

So here is my banner. Both images are basically the same banner, but I couldn't decide between having the flare behind our name our not. So I figured I would post it with and without. I'm leaning a little more towards the one with the flare. What do you guys think?

Since my adholders still go with this new banner, I'm going to enter those as part of the package.

Also, the curve part isn't cut very well because to do it right is a pain in the @$$. If it wins, you can rest assured it will properly cut out.

21. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    I could try to have them done by tonight, but could we maybe have at least 2 more days? I'm trying not to rush. It's going good, it's just taking me a little more time because I am using this stupid Picture-It! Publishing software. Cutouts are a pain.

I'm on the home stretch!! The sidebar is almost done! :D

22. quigon_brian

Aug 16, 2001
    I'm gonna sound like I jerk, but I'm saying no. Dajaun said she was going to sit back and let us take charge of this, so I'm saying that it has to be done by tonight.
    Originally, we said the end of November. Then it got bumped back three weeks. Everybody has had over 7 weeks to do this.
    I was hesitant to bump it back the extra three, but I agreed to it anyway. The only reason for bumping it back again would be procratination.
    Like I said when I layed out the regulations for this, you've got to set deadlines for this kind of stuff, not just keep changing the date for it. Tonight is the deadline.

Honestly, it doesn't take that long. Just a little motivation. Other than the Jedi Temple part, I did pretty much the whole thing between yesterday and today.

23. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    OK then. I'm almost done, should have it up. :)

Resizing is going to be a bit difficult...

BTW, the icons/banholders we have at the top of the page? I want to leave them there. They are really cool! It would go great with the banner I made.

24. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    OK! After spending ALL DAY making this thing, it's finally finished. Here it is, in pieces. ;) I haven't put them all together yet, but I guess that will come after the voting?

Anyways, here they are!

St. Louis Fan Force Main Banner
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/JediWars/resizedmainstlffban.jpg]

Background Banner
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/JediWars/resizedbackstlffban.jpg]

Sidebar
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/JediWars/resizedsidebarstlffban.jpg]

Curve (Simple enough... ;) )
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v127/JediWars/resizedcurvestlffban.jpg]

Discuss, critique, whatever. ;) Might be a bit blurry here, but just click on the link to the pic, you will see it much better. :D

25. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    That looks really good. Can't wait til it is up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.