main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The New Battlestar Galactica *Spoiler Free Edition*

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Jan 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    True, but wouldn't it be an interesting turn of events to wipe out the Cylon's homeworld so they are just as homeless and hurting as the humans are?

Obviously the writers can't kill off all the cylons yet, unless they want to write themselves out of a job, but if they could put the cylons in a hurt locker, I could see that as an appropriate payback for what they did to the 12 colonies.

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Very true - equal out the playing field, or at least, how about wiping out all of the Resurrection ships?

I keep thinking about last week's episode and the fear in Six's face when she flat out told Gaius "We don't talk about the last 5 models." Boomer told Gaius there were 8 models in the Galactica fleet - we haven't seen one of the black doctors in the fleet yet, so there's a chance that there are still a couple of new models out there still.

Unless of course she was factoring a Gaius model into the mix...however considering how the Cylons treat Gaius I doubt he's one of them.

3. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    What was Helo thinking?! Who cares about whether or not the Cylons get destroyed? They were the ones who started the war.

* shakes fist at Helo *

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    It looks like the next episode we might actually see a little of what happened in the year gone. Looking forward to it!

5. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Revelation!

THE BUTLER DID IT - and the butler is a cylon...

[face_skull]

6. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I thought next weeks episode was mainly going to be a boxing tourny?

7. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    It's a flashback episode centered around a boxing tournament. Kinda like one of those clip shows that have a thin storyline filled with clips of previous episodes, 'cept we've never seen any of this before. ;)

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    From what I understand, we're finally suposed to fine out what happened between Kara and Lee this episode.

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Aww yes, all of that pent up frustration on Lee's end and I'm-a-fraked-up-mess Kara duking it out. This is SO going to be good!

10. SionsBrother

SionsBrother Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 26, 2006
    I hope the next episode has some action in it. In my opinion this season has been pretty weak. I'm also tired of seeing Baltar rolling around on that velvet couch.

11. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    I'm tired of Baltar being alive?

Excellent to know that this is also a flashback episode and I too am dying on the inside to know what whappened between Kara and Apollo (outside of the Dee thing). Though I think Helo is gonna win the tourny.

12. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    I think this is gonna be one of those lame filler episodes, I mean an episode about boxing? big whoop... I supose there will be some emotions and stuff involved, but still, it will probably be one of the weakest, least relevent episodes of this season, unless they're throwing some major surprise or side plot into the episode, but it wasn't advertised that way.

13. FamousAmos

FamousAmos VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm surprised by how many people seem to think this episode is going to suck. It's looked really good to me, and I'm kinda excited to see it. At least give it a freakin' chance, man :p

14. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    Hey, it could be worse.

Don't believe me? TKO was probably the worst episode ever made of Babylon 5. The only redeeming quality of that episode was the B-plot. I promise you that tonight's episode will be better than that.

Kimball Kinnison

15. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I don't see this as being filler at all. It will finally tell us what happened to make Lee so angry at Kara. I for one and very intersted in that. Well, that and those two have been out of the spotlight for quite a while and I miss seeing them interact.

16. Errant_Venture

Feb 21, 2002
    Don't believe me? TKO was probably the worst episode ever made of Babylon 5. The only redeeming quality of that episode was the B-plot. I promise you that tonight's episode will be better than that.

I'll drink to that. I loved this episode, probably one of the funnest ones of the entire series. I can't believe I actually "Whooped!" when Adama gets in the ring and tells Tyrol to get his lazy ass into the ring. I was so into this episode. Lost 60 cubits on the fights, but they were damn good matches.

17. SionsBrother

Nov 26, 2006
    Once again this episode sucked. It would've been great if Adama Jr. would've beat the crap out of Starbuck with no mercy and didn't hug at the end. I just want a huge all out battle between the Cylons and humans, but this season has failed to do that.

18. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    The producers said early on that they didn't want a show where it comes down to "how did the humans escape the cylons this week." Having immortal characters like that gets really tiresome. Because then, nothing ever changes. The way they have it now, characters are able to change and develop over time, and the show is more about humanity than anything else.

19. Bodknocks

Bodknocks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 25, 2003
    I think you're watching the wrong show...

20. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    A "huge all-out battle" isn't possible with only one human warship and only a little over 40,000 humans total. The Cylons would completely annihilate the Colonials in direct battle. The closest we probably will ever get is the battles in "Resurrection Ship" and "Exodus," but even those are no longer possible without the Pegasus. Perhaps the best we can hope for are Cylon war flashbacks from Adama or Tigh.

21. The Bigger Fish

The Bigger Fish Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    Sci-fi started showing BSG last week. They started with 33, which I found confusing because I haven't seen the miniseries.

22. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    IMHO, 33 is still one of the best episodes they have ever made, but without the miniseries to set it up, it could definitely be confusing. You'll definitely want to rent the miniseries, or borrow it, or whatever you have to do. But the sooner you see it, the sooner everyhting else will make sense. Good luck and enjoy the show!!!

23. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    That was one of my favorites too. Just so intensive! Fish, try and find the mini if you can, else keep going and you should be able to figure out what's what. If you have any questions, drop me a line, I'd be happy to talk BSG with you :)

24. SionsBrother

Nov 26, 2006
    War flashbacks would be cool.

25. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Unfortunately, with television shows, there is one bigh thing that prevents us from getting what we want in large outer space war scenes. And that's budget. I'd be willing to bet that if you go through the various seasons, you'll be able to see which shows they intentionally wrote to be low (special effects) budget, just so they could spend the money on something big, like the mid-season break, the season openers and season enders. I don't mind shows like this one, because it advances the plot and the characters, and also opens the doors for the big budget shoot 'em up shows.

I absolutely loved 33 and Scar, but I know that unless Sci-fi really opens up the purse strings, we probably won't see an episode like that every week. It always seems to come down to money, doesn't it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.