main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The new big 3 don't even know each other

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jonipoon, Jan 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Every trilogy has a big 3. In the OT, it was Luke, Leia and Han. In the PT, it was Anakin, Padmé and Obi-Wan.

In the first film of each respective trilogy, the big 3 meet each other and talk. They do stuff together and interact. And then it evolves in every film. Now, for ANH there's no need to comment. As for TPM, I wouldnt say that Anakin, Padmé and Obi-Wan shares a lot of scenes together, but at least they are introduced to one another, they interact and at least stand in the same room together.

But in TFA, the supposedly new big 3 don't even know each other. Yes, Rey and Finn know each other, and Finn and Poe know each other. But does Rey and Poe know each other? No.

Does Rey ever talk to Poe or vice versa? No.
    Do they ever stand in the same room together? No.
    Is it possible that Rey has no idea that Poe even exists and vice versa? Yes.

Now, they might be able to fix this in later films... But it would feel kind of forced to have a scene where Finn introduces Poe to Rey, like: "Oh hey Rey... this is my friend Poe Dameron. He's the best fighter pilot in the Resistance."

The rushed plot of TFA is the reason for this.

nightangel likes this.
  2. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    I'd assume they met "behind the scenes." Rey knew that BB-8 had lost Poe, and at the end, she says goodbye to BB-8. My feeling is that they crossed paths at some point; it just wasn't pertinent to the plot that we see it onscreen.

3. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    That's would just be a lazy excuse, like so much else in TFA.

"It's all explained in the Visual Dictionary"
    "It happend off-screen, use your imagination"
    "The future films will explain it"
    "R2 just simply woke up"

Brennan Marshall and Dameron like this.
  4. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    You start a new thread and then conclude it with an absolute statement that ends conversation. I'd suggest bringing it up in the Cave thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.