main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho The New Boise Order Book Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Viceroy_Of_Alderaan, Jan 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viceroy_Of_Alderaan

Viceroy_Of_Alderaan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2006
    Please use this thread to discuss Star Wars books. Thanks.

Star Wars: Allegience

This book is scheduled for release on January 30th. This is the new Timothy Zahn book.

Cant wait to read about the early days of Mara Jade.

2. Viceroy_Of_Alderaan

Sep 1, 2006
    Saw the cover for "Exile". Ron I think your theory about Han and Leia is correct based on the cover.

3. Viceroy_Of_Alderaan

Sep 1, 2006
    http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Legacy_of_the_Force_Inferno_SPOILERS_103010.asp

Read the plot summary for Inferno.

Ron I think its Mara that is the Sacrifice...It really makes sense, but I hope it isn't so.

4. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    SPOILERS warning.
    Well the vote is on the final names have been chosen and you can vote for your favorite at starwars.com
    read more here.
    http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Jacen_Solos_new_Sith_name_revealed_SPOILERS_103105.asp

5. Viceroy_Of_Alderaan

Sep 1, 2006
    None of them are that great. I was hoping for something better.

6. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Even having not followed the later books very closely, there's only one name on there that doesn't sound silly, and its only semi-good.

7. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    the first name is located in the Epirus region of northwest Greece. it also translates as the "river of woe" and it was believed to be a branch of the underworld river Styx over which in ancient Greek mythology Charon ferried the newly dead souls across into Hades.

But i like the sound of the last one.

8. Viceroy_Of_Alderaan

Sep 1, 2006
    I still think a Sith Lord name should inspire fear, none of those names do.

9. Viceroy_Of_Alderaan

Sep 1, 2006
    Acheron is a Greek river connected to Hades, the underworld of the dead; Judicar would make Jacen "judicial", judge, jury and executioner as far as I understand it in his case; Paxis comes from Pax, peace and I have no idea about the two others except that Taral is sometimes used as a first name in the real world - perhaps it is some twisted version of Betrayal in this case?

10. Viceroy_Of_Alderaan

Sep 1, 2006
    The eighth book in the LotF series is going to be called "Revelation".

Book One: Betrayal
    Book Two: Bloodlines
    Book Three: Tempest
    Book Four: Exile
    Book Five:Sacrifice
    Book Six: Inferno
    Book Seven: Fury
    Book Eight: Revelation

11. Viceroy_Of_Alderaan

Sep 1, 2006
    One more day til Allegience!

12. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    Star Wars Allegiance book release Today. I need to get it on pay day.

13. Viceroy_Of_Alderaan

Sep 1, 2006
    i have it and have already read 50 pages. It's so good to go back to a time in the SW universe where things actually make sense!

14. Viceroy_Of_Alderaan

Sep 1, 2006
    Dan, you are going to really like this book.

15. danbinks

danbinks Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2004
    Yeah, I got it yesterday, but I need to catch-up with my School reading before I can start reading Allegiance. Then I'll start Betrayal and try to get caught-up with Legacy of the Force before Sacrifice comes out. And keep-up with my (way too much) reading for School![face_worried]

16. Viceroy_Of_Alderaan

Sep 1, 2006
    I'm back from the funeral. I have finished over half the book. It is so good.

17. Viceroy_Of_Alderaan

Sep 1, 2006
    I hope after LOTF they go back to writing in the Classic era. Allegiance is a breath of fresh air.

18. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    First Look: True Colors
    February 09, 2007

This August, readers who loved Hard Contact and Triple Zero will have a third hard-hitting Republic Commando novel to add to their bookshelves. Karen Traviss returns with Star Wars: Republic Commando: True Colors, a novel set during the explosive Clone Wars.
    In the Grand Army's desperate fight to crush the Separatists, the secret special ops missions of its elite clone warriors have never been more critical... or more dangerous. A growing menace threatens Republic victory, and the members of Omega Squad make a discovery that shakes their loyalty.

As the lines continue to blur between friend and enemy, citizens -- from civilians and sergeants to Jedi and generals -- find themselves up against a new foe: the doubt in their hearts and minds. The truth is a fragile, shifting illusion -- and only the approaching inferno will reveal both sides in their true colors.

Here's a first look at the novel's cover by Greg Knight. The book will be available in paperback this August from Del Rey Books.

19. Viceroy_Of_Alderaan

Sep 1, 2006
    Guess that books sales will depend on what happens in "Sacrifice". I finished Allegance, great book. Hope for more written in that era.

20. obi-wan_fett

obi-wan_fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2007
    I just had a thought about the Legacy book series and the Legacy comic series. The book series is dealing with the Solo and Skywalker families but the comics are only dealing with the Skywalkers. Maybe what happens in the books is the end of the Solo family. It could be that by the end Han, Jaina, & Leia are all dead. Just something to ponder.

21. Viceroy_Of_Alderaan

Sep 1, 2006
    Two more days until Exile. BTW Ron, Forces of Corruption is really great.

22. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    yeah i love that game Tyber is one of my new favorite characters

23. Viceroy_Of_Alderaan

Sep 1, 2006
    Bought Exile this morning.

Ron in the back of the book it lists "Sacrifice" release date as 6-5-07...ten days after C IV. So much for the Karen Traviss theory. Wonder if they pushed it back on purpose.

BTW The chapter from Sacrifice was quite interesting (yes I read it already).

24. jasterpreel

jasterpreel Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2005
    That new videogame is going to have a book come out along with it. Its going to be like shadows of the empire.

25. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    Cool eric i will get my book later today after my interview. The book from the game is going to be interesting also The game you play a darkside follower helping Vader kill off the Jedi. There will be from what read some surprise guest like Shak-ti. The book will be very interesting. I also heard from some good sources we might see some of the characters from the game in the new animated cartoons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.