main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho The New Boise Order waves its farewell...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by QUIGONJINN02, Aug 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    While we didn't have a majority vote to disband this fanclub tonight at our impromptu meeting, we (Eric and myself) don't see this club lasting long without us as members. But to give everyone the "benefit of doubt" that Danbinks requested, we'll leave the club running and if by September things are the same, the club will be officially over with.
    We voted tonight to dispurse club funds into the "Kisses for Katie" foundation.
    By a majority vote, we will be doing so.
    My Thank-yous
    Ron, you made up a website without even being asked. You were essential all through ROTS and CIII. I'm glad you have been with us and added new blood to a fading star.
    Dan, your creative spark and ambition to keep the star alive are inspirational...I'm glad we found you at BSU when we did.
    CIII was one of the best times of my life. I'm so glad it replaced the horror of CII for me.
    Eric, you have helped me to keep this flame alive for a long time. If you hadn't been here, I don't know what we would've done with agendas, scheduling, and the list goes on.
    I do thank Cody for his zeal, although I don't think he's even read our disbanding or resignation posts and he probably won't know we've even split up until next month!
    And last but not least, MARC
    OUR AWESOME FOUNDER, WHO POSTS ON HERE MORE THAN SOME OF OUR "OFFICIAL" MEMBERS DO.
    Yes Marc, SW will follow me down whatever road I take, trust me.
    Eric and I are now OFFICIALLY no longer in our leadership positions. Good luck to the poor sucker(s) who tries to take up that flame...my suggestion, don't try!
    To tell you the truth, I'm really glad the damn things over.
    I'm ready to reach out past those twin sunsets and live the adventure that is waiting for me.
    The adventure of life God has planned for me.
    To take up my lightsaber and fight the good fight, be the hero, rescue the maiden...
    To LIVE life, not watch it pass by.
    Thanks to all the new blood that has come in and out recently...thanks to Mr. Lucas for giving us something to dream about.
    And screw all you people who don't like the prequels.
    You know who you are!
    May HIS force be with you, always!

2. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I'm personally paying to have two extra shirts made for Bill and Cody, since both ordered them once upon a time warp, and have never gotten them.
    Our club funds will be donated sometime in the next two weeks. I'll post details as they come.
    The 2 extra-large shirts should be done within 10 business days.
    Eric, let me know when I can get you all the paperwork I have.
    Anyone out there who has any documents you'd like to give our "club historian" please do so in the next few weeks. We'd like to hang on to all of it, just in case I guess.
    Thanks everyone.

3. cyndilt76

cyndilt76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    wow. guys this saddens me--

i hope you are all well, and i am glad that i met you all at C3.it was an amazing time and i feel blessed to met such amazing guys as yourselves. I have been proud to be an honorary member of this group, and will continue to wear my t-shirt and think of the great times we had in indy!
    i hope to hear from some of you and i hope we don't lose touch!

love you all very much!!!!

cyndi

4. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    *Dang* I wish I'd made the effort to send my money for a shirt...

Let me know if it's too late, Kasey. I know you'd rather close this chapter and move on than have it linger over you - so, I'd be fine either way - just give me a heads up... Thanks!

Thank you for the kind words above. It was great being an honorary member as well - especially being so far from home and so many new things going on in life...

Kasey, you "stole" my line, so instead I'll say...

Follow your heart and fulfill your dreams. Don't wait for them to come true, make the effort to MAKE them come true and you'll be greatly rewarded - even beyond what your original dreams were...

By doing this, years from now when you look back on this time, hopefully you can smile and say, "I DID IT!!!"

L'Chaim ~ To Life!!

Live It

Find more encouraging words here!

Oh, sorry... just one more thing... PREQUELS ROCK!!!

5. Rataluge

Rataluge Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2005
    How disapointing. And I was just thinking of joining. What a pitty.

-Rataluge

6. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    I do not agree with this vote there was no official meeting all info I had on the meetings was that it was canceled I think there should be an official meeting before that is decided. I for one joined this club for a reason to hang out with fans if you are deciding to call it over then i want my money back. I have bills i need to pay and i already donated money to kisses for katie. I do not want to sound like i do not care. But if my money is being donated i should have the right to make that vote.

7. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    Actually Ron if you want to assume the Presidency and can keep 3 active members, then you can keep the NBO going.

Also my dues are paid until Feb., and I don't mind them going to charity.
    We only have 20-30 dollars left anyway.

8. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I agree. Many attempts were made to reach you. Messages were left with you and we recieved no communication back. In fact, this is the first we've heard since last week! there was no official meeting...actually, there was one called, on short notice I admit, Eric, Dan and I were in attendance. We cancelled Saturday's meeting because we all had family in town and more pressing matters at hand...
    I for one joined this club for a reason to hang out with fans ...
    So did I. But frankly, the fans in this club don't do much anymore. And most are not involved. I'm not going to stick around to "hang out" with fans who hardly ever show to events anyways.
    if you are deciding to call it over then i want my money back. I have bills i need to pay and i already donated money to kisses for katie...
    I too, have bills to pay...so I'm not sure why you're upset about this. Our club hardly has any dues money left....but if you absolutely must have your money back, we can give you your share of about $11-12 and give the rest of our money (most of which I earned for sitting on my butt in a chair for three days selling raffle tickets) to charity.
    I do not want to sound like i do not care. But if my money is being donated i should have the right to make that vote. Well Ron, that's exactly what it "sounds" like. You don't need to vote, you are entitled your money, if you truly want it back.
    If you do, let me know and it will come back to you...
    Otherwise, I'm sending it off to Katie's foundation.
    Did I mention that I'm forking over $35 of my own money for Cody and Bill's t-shirts? Oh yeah, I did.

9. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Well said...yet another reason we should all go into the sunset quietly and friendly...

10. LeiaPadmeSkywalker

LeiaPadmeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2004
    Wow!
    You guys are the only thing that I look forward to talking to each and every day.
    I don't post but I read the events that are happening in Boise
    So you guys are going away,
    GOODBYE
    Bless everyone lives and find happiness in everything

11. Darth-Viper3k

Darth-Viper3k Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2005
    ya know
    that whole "do not attend" thing actually gets to me
    why?
    b/c I never have the option to attend
    every single thing you guys do are ALWAYS on days I have to work and times I have to work

after camping out with you guys at edwards I wanted to hang out with yall some more and join the club
    unfortunatly I was never given the opportunity

before you're so quick to judge people for "not doing anything" perhaps you should think of WHY we havn't taken more active roles

this is just rediculous

12. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    When were we going to plan something you should attend Viper???

The truth be told, we planned every meeting to be on the second Sat. of the month. Did you make it to even one??? Hell no!!!

The people who cared made the time and took the time off. People who did not care made excuses.

I am tired of listening to other complain because of the choice Kasey, Dan and I made. If you really "cared", the club would still be running.

13. Darth-Viper3k

Apr 17, 2005
    I havn't been ABLE to take the time off
    I didn't have personal time to take... and I don't lie and call in sick if I'm not really sick

I'm sorry
    but I'm not gonna be an **** and leave people short handed to attend a freakin meeting
    you can kiss my ass if you have a problem with me trying to be honest
    and while you're at it.. go **** yourself

14. danbinks

danbinks Jedi Knight star 2

May 6, 2004
    Hey! I was out voted!!!

15. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Later Viper, don't work yourself to death. See a labor attorney, Wal=Mart is overworking you!!!

Dan is correct he voted against disbanding.

16. Darth-Viper3k

Apr 17, 2005
    40 hours a week is overwork?
    gee... and here I thought I was workin as many hours as the next man

don't buy into the all the BS you hear on the news
    Wal-Mart isn't a bad place to work

17. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Well Viper, I work 55 hrs a week over six days, go to school part time and still managed to become VP of the NBO...I guess the word is priorities...Mine have changed now, but for two and a half years I made the time to be involved...

18. Darth-Viper3k

Apr 17, 2005
    hmm lets see
    I work 40 hours a week at Wal-Mart
    currently working to restart 2 of my old buisnesses I had in Vegas
    Currently working on 1 buisness thats still going
    also involved in Martial Arts and trying to get my 2nd Dan Black Belt
    AND working to get into some online college courses.. as thats all I'll have time for

anything else you have to add?

19. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Yes, give it a rest, both of you.
    I think we all have more important things to do than bicker over things that don't even matter any more on these boards.

20. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Move along...

21. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    I have to make an appearance just to make a sincere apology that I never did more to keep the NBO alive. I will make no excuses for myself, I have school and work and all that just like everyone else, but some of us make time to go the extra mile for others, as Kasey and Eric did. My simple sad reason is that I just never put forth the effort, and for this I am sorry. I suppose I have put SW on the back burner myself.

I guess the greatest reason for my being here is to thank Kasey. He met me at Blockbuster and convinced me to go to CIII no matter what, which I did, going into to debt to do so (19 years old, what can I say?) but was a blast and something I will always treasure. It was my first trip without the parental units, and so probably the most memorable I will have. Had Kasey not encouraged me, I KNOW I never would have done it. It was this excitement that got me to wait in line 15 hours for RotS, the first person there that morning that had not camped out. I wish I could have camped out, but I was forced to close at work if I wanted the next day off. It doesn't matter, what I was able to do (which was wait all that time and get in the Idaho Statesman online with my costume and have an awesome time I will never forget) was some of the best memories I have.

I am sorry you're guy's farewell had to be so crappy with people only thinking of themselves instead of thanking you for what you have done and given up for SW. I wish I could erase that and make it the nice farewell it should have been. I can't account for anyone but myself, however, so I will simply say thank you again for doing all you did and inviting me ...a million times, Kasey? [face_blush] ...and go with the old cliche of May the Force Be With You....Always.

22. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Thanks for your kind words. They mean a lot. Sorry we never saw you at any of our events but honestly, you never missed much. I'm sure I'll see you around somewhere as I always do.

23. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Eric and I closed the club account today. A whopping $22.52 left! I've got a contact that I'll be getting in touch with for the Katie foundation. Once our funds have been dispursed to the charity, I'll let everyone know. Thanks!

24. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Ok, here's what Marc's contact had to say about donations to Katie's memory:

That?s great Kasey! Thanks for thinking of Katie. I don?t know if you heard, but Katie passed away two weeks ago, so her long battle is over. However, the Johnson family has asked that donations be made to the Make-A-Wish foundation in Katie?s memory, since they did so much for her family in her last days. You can read how to do that here:

http://www.heartofanempire.com/Katie/

Thank you!

Scott

So unless there are any objections, I'm going to donate our meager amount to the Make a Wish foundation. I'll get in touch with them soon and let everyone know once the funds have been dispursed. Thanks everyone!

25. cmdrwillard

Apr 6, 2003
    Sounds like a plan, thanks for keeping up on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.