The New Card Type coming in Empire Strikes Back is.....

Discussion in 'Games: TCG' started by Bacabachaui, Jul 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Location.

A spoiler on the TeamBus.Net website all but confirms it. The card is a mission card called "Remember the Prophecy":

Remember the Prophecy
    Mission
    Neutral
    "Choose a player and a card type. (The card types are Battle, Mission, Space, Ground, Character, and Location.) That player reveals the top 5 cards of his or her deck, puts all those cards of the chosen type into his or her hand, and discards the rest."

So we can pretty much expect to see this be the new card type in ESB this November.

How do you guys think this will work? Personally I think it will be some kind of long term effect placed on the table until covered over by another location that then has a new long term effect, etc, etc. I think it would be something like "Tatooine: All Skywalker and Tatooine units in all arenas have shields 2 and power plus 3 as long as Tatooine is the location on the table." This is a bit simple but just an example of my guess.

What would you guys guess it will be like?
  2. Jedi_Natalie Jedi Master

star 4
    Deffinately has some interesting implications... Can't quite figure out how they will do it -but i'm sure they will be creative with it.

Also theres the new ability too Disrupt - tap the character when your opponent plays a battle card and they must discard the battle card - I know the new ESB promos Yoda and Vader have this.
  3. katha Force Ghost

star 2
    well I hope they make them give "extras" or restrictions to one side or the other.

I wonder if they'll have light/dark of each location or if they'll be mostly neutral with a few light and a few dark like the mission/battle cards?
  4. Itchy_c Jedi Knight

My theory is they will be the Magic equivilent of Enchantments, only they will effect all tatoine units, or all naboo units, etc.
  5. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    That's my thought Itchi. This game is really starting to look like a mix between Magic and SWCCG :) Now all we need are weapons and land and we'll be set :p
  6. Jedi_Benji Jedi Master

star 4
    I personally dont wanna guess what the card will be like, incase im right, or even worse, if im wrong.

Ill get a suprise in a few months :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.