main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    Because it's made up BS, so they can say anything they want.

I'm going to be honest, any 'Leak' the shunts Finn off into a side story away from Rey is officially suspect to me...because one of the first things we heard about JJ Abrams final to the Saga is that Rey and Finn are back together again...and we heard it from John...who received a text about it from Daisy....who learned that from JJ Abrams himself.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  2. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Well, you could have said Luke and Han were finally back to back in ROTJ, yet during the final battle this was not the case.

I would say it is quite likely the final confrontation between Rey and Kylo happends without Finn by her side.

Birkendoc likes this.
  3. Darth Stratocaster

Darth Stratocaster Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    Ahsoka Tano > Rey. #sorrynotsorry

4. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Maybe Finn will be off on a separate mission and whoever the big bad is will taught Rey telling her that her friends are doomed sorta like the Emperor did to Luke in ROTJ.

5. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    I’m mainly waiting for confirmed spoilers about whether Rey is separated from the heroes again to decide if I’m interested in IX. JB’s quote on this gave me hope, but it’s not yet confirmed. Certainly it’s more credible than anything from reddit, the land of finger impregnation.

11-4D likes this.
  6. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    I would say Rey interacting with the other three good guys is very likely. It was weird she did not in TLJ. But completely ilogical for her not to do it by the end of the ST.

7. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I wish I didn’t read that "scoop”. Firstly, because I know its rubbish, and secondly, because I really want it to be true. Hate getting attached to rumours that I like which turn out to be garbage (rumour of Luke guarding the tomb of an ancient Sith Lord, I'm looking at you!).

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I heard a rumor that this movie will have a Muppet Luke voiced by Frank Oz.

9. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I heard this movie will have a Muppet Frank Oz voiced by Mark Hamill.

burg2774, Senator Wan, jaqen and 3 others like this.
  10. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    I heard this movie will have Frank Oz voiced by a Muppet.

I also heard this movie will have Mark Hamill wondering if he's a manly muppet or a muppet of a man.

I also heard about a big shot gangster doing dont know what with a bunch of people, but they didnt mention any muppet and that might be for another movie.

burg2774 likes this.
  11. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    I think we will see her weave through the War story where she will have substantial interaction with the Resistance heroes. After all, she ends TLJ with them on the Falcon, unlike the end of TFA where she departs them from Ahch-To.

But as Rey and Kylo are the Force story, I fully expect her to peel away from the Resistance sometime in act 2 where she will be front and center (that story is from her POV, after all,) and her interface will primarily be with Kylo at that point.

I don’t expect Poe, Finn or Rose to play much of a role in the Force story. It’s never been much of a team event. It is typically light user confronting dark user, not light user bringing his/her friends.

After that, I fully expect the Resistance heroes to become the face of the War story.

Then in in act 3, in the denouement, thatvis where I suspect Rey will be reunited with her friends.

Typical hero storytelling. Same formula for Luke in ROTJ. Same formula as Scott in Scott Pilgrim vs the World, Indy in pretty much every Indiana Jones movie, or even Wonder Woman.

The supernatural story is where the supernatural hero pulls away from allies and enters into a story where he/she is without their allies.

12. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    I could imagine Poe, Finn and Rey in a scene with Kylo at some point.

Considering how brutally Kylo treated Poe and Finn I think they deserve to score their own “wins” (physical combat or otherwise) over Kylo, as Rey did.

In fact, if Kylo responded with some humility, that might help things along if he’s destined to both be redeemed *and* live.

Otherwise, structurally, I’m not sure what to expect. I’d expect X if Kylo were a standard villain, which he’s not. I’d expect Y if he were on a *standard* redemption arc, which - judging by TLJ - he does not appear to be following (although if they split 9 in two parts, he may be).

ETA: (To clarify - I think he’ll be redeemed, but whatever path he’s on isn’t typical.)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  13. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Speaking of not knowing what to expect, how would Ep. 9 be the end of the Skywalker Saga if Rey turns out to be a Skywalker and/or Kylo lives? What exactly would be ending? If it’s not the end of the Skywalker bloodline then what will it be the end of?

Darth Caliban and JoJoPenelli like this.
  14. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    I expect it to resolve Anakin Skywalker’s legacy and be the true rebirth of the Jedi - as they always should have been.

The protagonist of a story surviving doesn’t mean that the main story can’t end :)

15. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    Nothing, then. There is always fear to close a chpter on something to move to the next thing. But I would say LFL does intend on closing the door on the Skywalker saga. That's why I am expecting Ben to die on IX.

16. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    I can see that. Like Snoke said, “if Skywalker returns the new Jedi will rise”. We know the good guys are going to win in Ep. 9 and I think that the ST which started off telling us about Luke’s fallen students will end with the eventual rise of Skywalker students.

In the PT Anakin chafed against the rules of the old Jedi Order. If Rey rewrites the rules of the Jedi going forward it would maybe be like a what-if scenario where we see what things would have been like if Anakin could’ve peacefully revamped the Jedi Order.

17. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    I don’t think there will be a new Order at all. I think that’s why Snoke’s prediction didn’t use the word.

I think the new Jedi philosophy will be based upon what Luke discovered in his travels - possibly what made Snole consider him so dangerous.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  18. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    The more I think of it, the more I'm sure Rey will end up taking the Skywalker name. And I think it will be Luke who will bestow it on her. Also, I really don't think Kylo's death is set in stone.

19. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    JJ already stated he wanted to take things in a new direction...and with the KOR he has a ready made Excuse to keep the heroes together. What if the KOR is presented as a Dark version of our ST trilogy heroes. People have already commented that Finn and Kylo seem to be mirrors of one another...which is why Kylo projected so much onto him in TFA during their conflict. Now imagine we have the same thing with the remaining KOR. A mirror image of Rey, a woman who came from a Nobel Imperial family that lost everything when the Empire fell...one who accept Kylo's philosophy of 'Kill the past'. A mirror image of Poe, a fantastic pilot, and mercenary that's decide to fight for the First Order so long as it benefits him. And last but not least a Mirror image of Rose, a brilliant scientist dedicated to acquiring knowledge and power that dosen't care who they have to step on to do it.

You now have Rey's "Family" fighting against Kylo's "allies" which keeps our heroes together but also allows us to explore them a bit...as each one realizes that their enemy is their dark reflection...and is a little too similar to them for their own comfort.

Addendum:

The final battle, each of our heroes taking on and defeating a member of the KOR until only Kylo is left...imagine Kylo Standing alone as Finn, Poe and Rose arrive to back Rey up...while the First Order crumbles around Kylo. Rey's ability to love and form bonds with people giving her the winning hand...whereas Kylo's desire to sever bonds and destroy the past has lead to his downfall. Live or die...Kylo is defeated....and the next version of the Jedi Order is a MUCH more inclusive place. It's no longer determined by blood line...but by your understanding of the force. Imagine a future Story where a Jedi....acts and fights more like Chirrut from Rogue One...showing no overt powers of manipulation over the force, but their faith and understanding of it allowing them to be an effective Jedi none the less....and it all starts at the end of Episode 9 when Rey, Finn, Poe and Rose found a new order that has learned from the mistakes of the past.

20. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Right maybe not an order per se but the Jedi will rise.

JoJoPenelli likes this.
  21. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    Yep, a way to make the story progresses compared to ROTJ would be to see a couple of force-users joining Rey at the end of a movie, to see the rise of new jedi, and new as in "different" from PT-era Jedi. When the final credits roll we have to understand that somehow this new "order" wont fail like Luke's students, that the cycle of family force-turning has been broken...

22. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I don't think the audience would ever be able to accept her as a Skywalker if she isn't related to Luke. To just christen her Skywalker would feel abit cheap

If luke adopted her at a young age that may be a little different.

As for Kylo... if he is killed off then thats the Family bloodline gone. i kinda have a feeling they won't go that far just to end a 9 film trilogy... but we will see.

skybender likes this.
  23. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I think alot of people, and even myself think they will "a certain point of view" Reys percentage and either tie her back to Luke, obi wan or some other way to connect her to the previous trilogy or trilogies.

The last 2 films felt like they were trying to create their own identity and so seemed like they were rushing ahead to having the OT legacy past on to them... now it sounds like they wanna full circle it in some way to connect this trilogy to the previous ones and thats gonna be tough.

24. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    That Reddit leak screams FAKE but hoo boy do I want this to actually happen now:

25. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Maybe one character is about to be served as "dinner"

AusStig likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.