main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    That would certainly rhyme well with ROTJ. :p

Jedi Knight Fett and Darth Smurf like this.
  2. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    I know there was this comic in Legends, where Jabba was able to swallow humanoids. But despite this i have problems to believe that Hutts are able to eat humans or humansized beings. The size of a Hutt and his maw alone...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  3. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    Now all I can think of is a Hutt rendition of this:

Darth Caliban likes this.
  4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003

Of course I have to be guarded as to whether there's ANY truth to this...

But if there is any truth to at least the basic setup, that actually sounds awesome! I've always said an idea like the smugglers or crime syndicates playing unlikely allies to the Resistance would be a compelling story idea, so if that's true I love it. Not sure about the whole Jabba's son thing, where was he in ROTJ?? But whatever...that's a minor and easily explained detail. Either way, I definitely love the whole "dinner scene-like TOD" idea. Great for a SW movie!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  5. RiddleMeThis

RiddleMeThis Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2017
    BB-8: *beeps smugly from his golden throne*
    Poe: My droid believes they think he's some kind of god.
    Finn: Well, why doesn't he use his divine influence and get us out of this!

6. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    So, the ST Trio having dinner with Rotta the Hutt, and a quirky musical number in the background? Sounds cool! Although I hate to get my hopes up; because like @Krueger said, I would hate for this Rumor to turn out to be BS.

I haven't been following Episode IX news for a while. Is there anything new, that is credible, other than Finn having longer hair in IX? :p

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  7. Scavver

Scavver Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 15, 2018
    Until JJ starts filming, nothing should be considered a leak. Even if a storyboard is being leaked, it can change. We had a leak for TLJ about Finn and Poe, but later they changed it to Finn and Rose, but the plot remained similar. I like the idea of a ROTJ callback, but this sounds too much like ROTJ already.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  8. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Did anyone read the latest "concept art" leak from reddit? Any thoughts?

9. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I'm cool with the Resistance having to work with shady people to fight the FO but my gut reaction is that having the Hutt cartel involved is kinda lame.

I was already prepared for Ep. 9 to be similar to ROTJ in structure, (good guys get a win, Rey shortly departs back to Ach-To and talks to an old master, the Resistance face a set back and then rally to save the day in Act III), but I couldn't get my mind around exactly what would be the stand-in for the Jabba stuff from ROTJ. If this rumor is true I guess that means the Ep. 9 equivalent of ROTJ's Jabba heavy Act I will be basically another Jabba. Let me guess, similar to Starkiller Base Jabba's son will be bigger than the original?

If they do in fact go in this direction perhaps it might be interesting if we find out that Jabba's son is a surprisingly cool dude.

christophero30 and DARTH_BELO like this.
  10. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    TBH, I just want to see multiple Hutts, on the screen, at the same time. It was rumoured for TFA, but never came to fruition. I'm hoping for it now. Of course, that means it won't happen. And yes, if it does happen, I think going with Jabba's son would be cool. I think for a Hutt he's on the young side, so maybe a leaner design could be used.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  11. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I'd like to see Rey lose her powers in an early fight with Kylo and then have to go back to the island to look for Luke. Kind of like Superman losing his powers in Superman 2.

12. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    To me he'll always be Stinky

13. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    This is what I want to see. I would love to see one of the main characters meeting with the "Hutt council" or whatever, trying to persuade them to help the Resistance garner the support of the different crime syndicates etc. Something like that sounds really interesting. That scene could be awesome. If Finn is the one to go, or even Finn with Rey, there could be an interesting humor element in there as well-I love the way Finn reacts to unusual situations he's never been in before-and Rey could be there to help ground him and keep him on task. (I say Rey cos it was said that IX will see the two of them together more-and this could be perfect).

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  14. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I’m sure someone’s already posted this but JJ Abrams is in London prepping ep 9 but tomorrow he’s set to appear on the Late Late show with James Corden, don’t be surprised if we get a major casting announcement tomorrow Lin one fell swoop like the one they did for TFA.

15. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    Well...............that would give us SOMETHING to chew on at least...=P~

16. Scavver

Jun 15, 2018
    Watch out! New leaks will be popping up all over the place soon! Haha!

17. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    Casting announcement would be great. I wonder if there's new actors in the main cast? For TFA and TLJ we had a lot of rumours about the potential newcomers, or at least actors in the final stages of casting...but for IX nothing...could it mean there'll be no addition to the main cast? Has it ever happen for a new SW? I think ROTS featured the same main cast, maybe they'll go this way to trim down the narrative to its core?

18. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    When was filming supposed to start? First or second half of July?

19. Scavver

Jun 15, 2018
    I honestly thought it was the end of June, early July.

cerealbox likes this.
  20. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I think the report was mid-July.

Darth_Bertie likes this.
  21. Scavver

Jun 15, 2018
    Bald Kylo? That one is already debunked thanks to Matt Martin, unless the guy saw the bald Kylo art like in TLJ book.

22. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    We already know we're getting a couple of new minor cast members

23. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Someone living in Caserta, Italy says that a "big movie" will film there in August. Caserta is where scenes for Naboo were filmed for the PT.

24. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    I checked their website. It seems that the palace is often used for movies, it's a popular location for shooting....but who knows...still i strongly doubt they would show Naboo again. Chances are it's for another movie. anyway...cool to have some rumours!

25. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    There is some talk that it could be about Bond 25, but, apparently, that doesn't start filming until December. [face_dunno]

cwustudent likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.