main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I'm oblivious to the negativity at this point.

2. SithCollections

SithCollections Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 5, 2015
    Im holding on to the hope that TLJ was just a force vision and JJ picks up the story right after TFA.

3. Blastaar

Blastaar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 25, 2015

someone already suggested that they have finn wake up for real and realize that he had a coked out force vision due to the bacta. One of the first people he sees is admiral akbar.

4. skybender

skybender Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2017
    My suggestion is to just kill off everyone (because there really is no one left to care about except underdeveloped characters), thus defining the end of the Saga. Maybe have the galaxy's sun explode, or nuclear war, or something. I don't know. I'm half kidding but half serious [face_laugh]

5. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    "JJ Abrams says Star Wars Episode 9 won't "revel" in the past: "We have to go elsewhere"
    "We have to take them places that they haven't gone."

JJ Abrams has explained how he is approaching his return to the Star Wars franchise for Episode 9.
    Appearing on BBC Radio 4's Today programme with composer Michael Giacchino, Abrams outlined that while he will want to evoke the same feel that we all had when we first watched a Star Wars movie, he will make sure there's something fresh too.

"I feel like we need to approach this with the same excitement that we had when we were kids loving what these movies were and, at the same time, we have to take them places that they haven't gone, and that's sort of our responsibility," he noted.

"It's a strange thing. Michael's worked on things like Planet of the Apes and Star Trek and Star Wars and these are the things of dreams. Yet we can't just revel in that, we have to go elsewhere."

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/star-wars/news/a841087/jj-abrams-star-wars-episode-9-tease/
    :leia:

"One of the biggest (and perhaps somewhat controversial) pieces of Star Wars news to come out recently was the reveal that J.J. Abrams would be returning to direct Episode IX. Abrams also directed the first of the new trilogy, Episode VII: The Force Awakens (with Rian Johnson directing the upcoming Episode VIII: The Last Jedi, of course). But as Abrams recently told Rolling Stone, “I had no intention to return.” He continued,
    But when the opportunity presented itself to finish a story that we had begun with these new characters, to tell the last chapter of their story, it felt like there was a chance to do it in a way where we could go beyond, and do better than we did in Seven. I learned so much in that movie and I saw that this was a chance to sort of realize something that we hadn’t quite achieved – and part of that was it was simply the beginning of these new characters and their story. The opportunity to sort of take what we had learned, to take the feeling of who these characters are and what they are and give them a final chapter that felt in the spirit of what we begun? It was too delicious of an opportunity to pass up.”​

6. Marcus9000

Marcus9000 Jedi Knight

Dec 16, 2017
    If there is not a fitting tribute to Luke Skywalker then I’m finished with Star Wars.

I cannot believe I have said that. But there we have it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    As Moe can't hear due to his very busy cash register:

8. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    JJ Abrams got the new trilogy off the ground, but TFA is not my favorite SW movie, still let him come back peacefully as he can tell a story about the new generation. What? No force ghosts? That would be a huge loss in my opinion. I think they should give a nod to the PT on this movie as it has a well jumping board to jump off with a 5 to 10 year jump.

9. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
  10. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    Some fans believe it's about Snoke (he used a black Kyber crystal in his ring).

11. HispAnakin

HispAnakin Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 16, 2017
    DarthIshyZ and rebelknight1 like this.
  12. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    He should better pitch it to us. We will tell him for sure if it's good or not. [face_clown]

(So KK is out of the game for now?)

rebelknight1 likes this.
  13. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013

lol No, we wouldn't. Pitching it to us would be the worst thing JJ could hope to do.

As for KK, I'd wager he's been working on the pitch with her up to this point. Presenting it to Iger is a different matter, I'd presume.

14. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    From dark recesses of the interwebs: "MaRey Jade CONFIRMED"

DarthIshyZ and ColdLazarou like this.
  15. One Quarter Portion

One Quarter Portion Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2016
    In the visual dictionary it says it's actually obsidian, from the catacombs under Vader's castle on Mustafar.

16. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    y'all beat me to this LOL

17. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    The titles of these threads are getting better and better. [face_laugh]

dekaneas and Darth_Voider like this.
  18. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    the titles of these thread show the slow slide into cynicism and how the universe will die by entropy.[face_rofl]

19. Blastaar

Dec 25, 2015

So I guess his previous comment about tying the whole saga together is out the window?

20. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    yeah, the ending in TLJ made that already clear.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  21. Blastaar

Dec 25, 2015
    cool. So they literally don't know what they're doing. Awesome. The star wars fandom should probably stop actin like the prequels were so terrible. If this new story group can stumble though a random ass trilogy like this, then apparently a lot of people should be cool with the prequels.

22. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    They should have used Lucas treatments and him at least as adviser.

Dagobah_Dude and Baron_Papanerd like this.
  23. Xael

Xael Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2015
    Finally the forum seems to be working "better". Ever since a couple of months ago you could see the impending fandom meltdown that would come from the movie, and it certainly didn't dissapoint. Cannot wait for "black diamond" :D

24. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    One good thing right now: The theorists like Mike Zeroh are already out there trying to theorize that “Black Diamond” means Snoke is returning since he had a black ring on and he is some sort of clone or can jump into other bodies hence why he seemed not fully formed and scarred in TLJ.

LMAO Did these people not see TLJ? There is nothing like that anymore as they are now all stand alone films. Heck listen to JJ’s own words, he already said it will be a much different Star Wars film before and go into a “complete different direction”. I guess that is great if you did not really like TLJ. Every film will be different then the last and have really nothing to do with each other. Marvelization of Star Wars which I been predicting since 2013 is done already. Must admit I thought it would be complete at the end of Episode IX as they close the book on the Skywalker Saga and begin a whole new Saga. They close the book on the Skywalker Saga in barely two films. Wow.

Baron_Papanerd and 2Cleva like this.
  25. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    No thanks, while I appreciate George Lucas' original vision he sat on his hands and decided creating novels were more important than making a second trilogy with the original cast; and by waiting he gave up his rights to having any say in future endeavours by Lucasfilm when he sold his stake in the franchise in 2012 for four billion dollars. What Lucasfilm is doing today is risky, visionary and absolutely the right thing. Disney and Lucasfilm are very capable of continuing the franchise without the creator.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.