main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
  2. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    I love that from now on, all fake "leaks" are going to specifically mention and focus on Kerri Russell, including who she is playing.

When before she was announced, they didn't.

3. Dagobah_Dude

Dagobah_Dude Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    It's good to hear that Kasdan is one of the writers.

4. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
  5. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
  6. RiddleMeThis

RiddleMeThis Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2017
  7. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    Shooting starts in 2 weeks (presumably) and it's still quite quiet on the leak/announcement/solid-rumour front...hope the tide will turn soon! Because so far what do we know? not much:
    -Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac and Domnhall Gleeson returning
    -Keri Russell being cast
    -Billy Dee Williams back as Lando
    -Pinewood studios involved
    -Shooting scheduled in some big military shed which can be turned into any set they want
    -principal photography from end of july/early august till around december/january approximatively

Anything else? Right now this is the only things we seem to know about the movie. And the codename...

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  8. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Rumour-wise, Jason Ward thinks it will take place two years after TFA/TLJ. And that Keri Russell could be playing the love interest of Poe.

9. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    2 years seems right for a time skip. Not sure about the love interest thing, but then again Jason knows way more folks in the know than I do.

Senator Wan and dekaneas like this.
  10. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

Sep 16, 2015
    cool, i didnt know about the timejump. 2 years is a minimum IMO to let the story "breathe" and allow the characters to mature and digest what they wen through in TFA and TLJ.

According to MSW production is looking for stern-looking individuals for somes scenes that will be shot in august. Apparently Poe and Finn are having a discussion (with eacothers? a group of people?) in some sort of bar or something. They seem to think the shooting might be on location and spread over 2 weeks but they're not sure about this part.

Since their first rumour of TLJ was Poe's mutiny against Holdo and Leia being injured as her ship is blown up im gonna trust them on this. So right now my subjective official/solid-rumour list about ep IX is:

-Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac and Domnhall Gleeson returning

-Keri Russell being cast

-Shooting scheduled in some big military shed which can be turned into any set they want

-movie happens 2 years after TLJ

-Poe and Finn in some sort of bar surrounding by sterm-looking crowd.

11. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    It is rumored that Kennedy is not involved with episode 9. Keri Russell playing Reys mom? Rumor is that Keri character is important to the Resistance. Kylo Ren's empire is cracking. Hux is a spy. Finn is being trained by Rey. Poe and Finn attend Princess Leia's funeral and meets Admiral Calrissian and his daughter. C3PO is captured by the First Order. Chewbacca and unnamed crew members in the Millennium Falcon are destoyed protecting another spaceship. R2D2 delivers Luke's finale lesson to Rey. Rey and Finn battle Kylo. Rey discovers who she really is. That is a lot of rumors, just have to wait and see what happens.

12. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I just want to add, the “KK isn’t involved with IX” rumor comes from Grace Randolph. She’s not what I would call reliable, and she mostly just spews bias-confirming drivel, so do with that what you will.

Also, not asking as a mod, just as a user, but let’s start sourcing our posts. If you say “This is rumored,” leave a link to the source, or at least say where you read to if links to the source are disallowed.

13. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I'm sure that The Last Jedi remake poster that's floating around (which I won't post because I'll probably get banned) is also the work of whoever came up with all this.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  14. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

Sep 16, 2015
    yep, a lot of it sounds like your typical "wishful fan thinking" list, Kennedy out, Keri Russell playing Rey's mother, Finn being trained as a jedi etc...of course some of it could happen but i would't classify them as solid rumours. Storywise, apart from some vague tidbits by MSW (Poe and Finn in some bar and...well, actually that's all) we still have nothing concrete. The official announcement of the main cast and the reveal of the locations they'll use will help us start speculating about things a little more. Right now everything is possible.

Oh i forgot something...we know from Daisy that John Boyega and her have more scenes together this time.

-Keri Russell being cast

-movie might happen 2 years after TLJ

-Poe and Finn in some sort of bar surrounding by sterm-looking crowd (shooting on location in august?)

-Rey and Finn have more scenes together than they had in TLJ

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  15. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    So.....another bar?

One thing about coming up with fan fiction plotlines is that you get attached to them.

16. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    Where did the Finn rumors come from?

17. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I hope none of that actually happens.

dekaneas likes this.
  18. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    Amen. That sounds awful. And I liked TFA and TLJ

19. xoubara

xoubara Jedi Master star 2

Mar 4, 2003
    Most of those things sound awful, and some of them wishful thinking. Where have any of these rumours come from?

There is no way Kennedy is not involved in IX, or that Rey discovers again who she really is, or that Finn gets trained as a jedi knight... And, of course, never, ever, kill the dog :p

On the other hand, it would be cool to see Luke's final lesson to Rey through R2, and Hux being a spy would be coherent with what we know about him.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  20. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Probably all correct except for Rey discovering who she really is. I fully expect that to happen and it pretty much has to.

21. xoubara

xoubara Jedi Master star 2

Mar 4, 2003
    Let's better analyze the rumours one by one:

It is rumored that Kennedy is not involved with episode 9: only believable if she does indeed step down as LFL's president, which would suck imo.

Keri Russell playing Reys mom? Rumor is that Keri character is important to the Resistance:
    better if she is unrelated to previous characters.

Kylo Ren's empire is cracking. Hux is a spy:
    highly probable, and potentially cool.

Finn is being trained by Rey:
    I think this completely misses the point about Finn's journey as a character, though it would surely appease the fans.

Poe and Finn attend Princess Leia's funeral and meets Admiral Calrissian and his daughter:
    I could see something like this happening.

C3PO is captured by the First Order:
    sure, why not?

Chewbacca and unnamed crew members in the Millennium Falcon are destoyed protecting another spaceship:
    just, no. Let him simply fly into the sunset. Or it would be a perfect moment for Chewie to reunite with his kin.

R2D2 delivers Luke's finale lesson to Rey:
    this would be incredibly cool.

Rey and Finn battle Kylo:
    no, thanks. Let's do something different.

Rey discovers who she really is:
    just let it go please. It is time to move on.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    Birkendoc and dekaneas like this.
  22. RiddleMeThis

RiddleMeThis Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2017
    Lol, Threepio getting captured. I can't see them leading a rescue mission for a droid so... that's that, I guess. :p

23. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Lol, I seen a video from Mike Zeroh that Lucas films was kicking around making Snoke actually Plaguies for fanfare. That is dumb. They spent alot of time claiming he was a new character and to come up with some kind of backstory explaining how that would work would be the worst story telling ever. They might as well start making fan fiction into movies.

24. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    That Falcon rumor has to be BS...or at least it better be.
    Wouldn't be surprised if they killed Chewie.

25. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I can't believe this has to be said for the umpteenth time, but Mike Zeroh is the most wildly inaccurate source on the planet. He either A) takes nonsense he gets from clickbait sites and passes it off as "This is legitimate speculation," or just straight up makes up crap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.