main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Definitely Not Improved Even More Horrible Than The Last Two Rumors Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    In other words, he throws enough crap against the wall until something sticks and then lets it be known what an absolute genius he is (ie, hoping that a broken clock is right twice a day.)

Remember, he is the one that offered the insider scoop :eyeroll: that he had on good authority that Kylo Ren would fight Rey on Ahch-To, and she would lose an arm because his inside information spotted Daisy Ridley on the Island wearing a green sock to green screen out her arm.

yeah, that was an awesome scene in TLJ, Zeroh.

2. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    He also shared a picture for Episode VIII showing Chewie standing on a beach surrounded by some individuals and said that Chewie is about to get killed.
    The scene was actually from Solo. However for me it is still a miracle where he got that pic from.

If anyone wants to be entertained: Snoke gets a new Apprentice

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I heard a rumor that Darth Vader returns in the flesh at the last second, riding a black unicorn and stabbing Kylo Ren through the heart with his lightsaber, dragging him into the underworld.

4. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    You jest, but if this actually happened, I think it would be may favorite movie ever. It doesn't matter how overwhelmingly stupid it would be. It doesn't matter that it would probably drive Lucas to publicly disown the series. It doesn't matter that half the fanbase would collectively light themselves on fire in spiritual protest. The 0% score on Rotten Tomatoes, the final box office gross of $50 million, none of this would matter.

I would love it forever and for always.

5. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Without clicking, is this from the master of spoilers, :eyeroll: Mike Zeroh?

6. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Page count - 42, ever so slightly believable rumour count - 0.

7. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    According to a post on Reddit IX starts filming today but I can't find any source. They did say it was filming in July and it is almost the last week of July so maybe.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    They'll start filming tomorrow. That's when we'll get the teaser as well. Hobo Harry, who lives in my friend's basement, told me this via Skype.

Dagobah_Dude and Darth Smurf like this.
  9. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    The source is some fan account on Twitter called Star Wars Legacy. They’ve been counting down daily to the start of shooting, which they decided was today for god knows what reason. We don’t have anything else to support that assertion. Could it be today? Possibly. Is it today? Probably not.

Regardless, we should hear something official really soon, since we’re fast approaching the deadline for when we last heard they’d start shooting by.

10. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    Who's on beard watch? Anything to report? It's the only solid information we have at the moment!

teamhansolo likes this.
  11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I placed little micro security cameras all over Mark Hamil's face while he was sleeping for beard watch. He then woke up and proceeded to try to strike me down with his lightsaber.

dlbates likes this.
  12. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    My fro
    My uncle Sal’s friend Kathleen, who runs Lucasfilm, confirmed that this is true.

13. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Whatever ends up happening, I still predict that Keri Russel is playing Snoke's other apprentice. I know it seems too late to bring in another apprentice at this point; but it was mentioned in the Star Wars Insider magazine, that Snoke had another secret apprentice, so it is Canon. It would be a good chance to have the first all female lightsaber duel, in a Live Action Star Wars movie. Of course I am setting myself up for disappointment, as usual, if it doesn't happen. 8-} But speculation is part of the fun of waiting for a new Star Wars movie.

cwustudent, bluealien1 and oncafar like this.
  14. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    the last week of the month starts tomorrow. And since epIX was supposed to start shooting towards the end of July there's a chance this means tomorrow? I don't know if they start working on mondays like any other "nomal" job or not haha. But this week, or next monday 30th, sounds like a good bet IMO.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  15. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    It's being regrown per social media at SDCC. Mark was there dressed as a stormtrooper lol

16. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    One of the Star Wars sites reported the first day of actual production began this past Saturday.

17. skybender

skybender Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 28, 2017
    In recent years, Disney has usually announced via social media when their bigger productions start filming. I would wait on word from them.

18. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    So far, we have had official announcements when each of the new films have started filming. I expect no less with Episode 9.

dekaneas likes this.
  19. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @Baron_Papanerd

I actually agree with you. I think Keri is playing Snoke's other apprentice and is going to be one of the major "surprises" of the movie that nobody will really expecting. I think one of the vital things in Episode IX is the FO somehow has to be split into two when the film starts. Having Keri play Snoke's other apprentice and make the claim of being the rightful heir to Supreme Leader Snoke instead of Kylo could cause the FO to split into two fanctions causing a civil war within the FO. It be very similiar to when the Roman Empire would fight itself which be a nod to Lucas who often turned to Roman history for inspiration. This would allow the Reistance time to rebuild their forces and engage a fighting FO which also feed into my idea of the Reistance/Rebellion (whatever you want to call them at this point) having to choose who is the bigger threat, Kylo or Keri's unnamed bad character? That could lead to friction between say Rey who still believes deep down that there is at least a remote chance that Kylo can be redeemed so she will want to take out Keri's character first while many others think Kylo is the greater enemy. This could lead to a lot of interesting twists and subplots that will be much more enjoyable then Episode IX simply beginning with the good guys suddenly having 500 capital ships at their command just because which is 100% I am expecting to happen. :)

@Krueger

I expect to be something low key but yes I agree they will send out a tweet or something that main filming has begun. Why low key? No idea just a hunch.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    Baron_Papanerd and oncafar like this.
  20. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    I would kind of love if she were playing Snoke's other apprentice. Would that be too cool to happen?

21. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Didn't the whole "Snoke has another apprentice thing" only start because an official Star Wars magazine described Kylo as "Snoke's best apprentice."

So going by that.....there could be more than two apprentices. Or all the other apprentices were in the past and Kylo is just the current living one.

22. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    I might be wrong, but weren't they supposed to start filming in mid-July?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  23. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    They killed Snoke to make way for Kylo to be the big bad, they won't add someone else.

dekaneas likes this.
  24. Iceko

Iceko Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2016
    Kylo being Snoke’s best apprentice might just be referring to him being the strongest of the Knights of Ren and thus being their master.

Revanfan1 and Jo Lucas like this.
  25. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    Although I would've enjoy more information about who Snoke was....making Kylo Ren the Dragon Ascendant was actually a really good move. It leaves Kylo with no one to rebel against, no one else to blame for his actions...every single person the FO kills from the moment Snoke dies in the throne room until at least the end of Episode 9 is on Kylo Ren...because he could've made an effort to stop it and choose not too. I also agree with the idea of the First Order starting to fracture...but we don't need a another apprentice to show that...we have Hux. Like a beaten dog that turns on it's master, show Hux's frustration with Kylo Ren's disastrous leadership causing a coup within the First Order. In fact you could set this conflict up as a battle between Imperial Technology and Imperial Dark Side mysticism. Then you show Rey and the Resistance/Rebellion bringing people together, forging a balance between Light side mysticism and technological ability so everyone works harmoniously...taking advantage of the split within the FO to push them back into the outer reaches.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.