main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

the new doctor

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by captainjack77, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captainjack77

captainjack77 Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2006
    Hi all did any one catch the new series of Dr Who last night and if u did what do we all think to the new Dr? I thought it was quite good liked David Tennant, mysterious quality he brought to the role.

2. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    Tennent was only a lil bit better than i expected and i keep wishin they would just burn Billy(ie) Piper.

and is it me or the Dr Who episodes getting really wearing its like they cant thiup anything new. and the sets are pritty rubbish. i think they have made the Dr too young

3. HunkyEvil

HunkyEvil Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Burn her?! Hold up!! She is one of the only women in the world to marry a Ginger person called Chris! I've gotta like her!! :D :D

As for making the Doc too young.. Hmmm.. perhaps. Or we're getting too old! Remember again, it's supposedly for kids. I guess these days younger characters are more accessible? I don't know. The new show isn't the best thing ever.. but sure isn't the worst either.

4. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    my kids absolutely love the new doctor who!

however, i cannot stand any of the doctors after tom baker, and i haven't watched any of the new series's so i couldn't comment. what i can say is that i hate david tennant, and ecclestone didn't inspire me to watch it either (he was rubbish in 28 days later too).

just my 2p.

5. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    both eccleston and tennant in my opinion are flawless actors who I as an actor myself have alot of respect and admiration for....particularly Eccleston....who I loved as the doctor...

And David I totally have to diasgree with you when yuou say burn Billie Piper....she eccompanies everything todays youth is and I think her portrayal of Rose is a very good character part and I for one enjoy watching her and the doctor interact.....two conflicting personalities and set of ideals...

I love the new doctor who....doctor who has always been cheesy n thats part of the fun of it for me personally...

6. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    everything i have seen Tennent in has been shoddy - especially his minor part in Harry Potter.

and Billie piper doesnt play Rose she is Rose. Total chavyness and everything along with nothin much inside the head. I honestly think they could have picked somebody better. does anybody know who else auditioned for the parts of the DR and Rose??

7. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    I thought he was good in Casanova, but I didnt see any Who this weekend so cant comment

8. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    I loved the new Doctor Who series, the first episode was great, when Zoe Wannamaker's character took over Billie's body and the first thing she did was exclaim "I'm a chav!"

I'm only in my early 20's so I don't remember many of the other Doctors, but logically it makes sense that if the Doctor has to change his body to hide his identity, who in their right mind would choose an older, frailer, slower one over a young, fitter one?

9. darth_revan2706

darth_revan2706 Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2005
    i watched the new episode yesturday, the one with the cybermen. it was really good. the death of Lumic was different. i would have thought it would have been a better death than that. i knew they would have got with of Mickey soon or later.

10. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    hey gaz. hope u will be posting more!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.