main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The New Emperor

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by I_Love_Scotch, Feb 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    **Moderator Approved**
    I didn't see a thread on this yet and with Chorus' blessing wanted to speculate about the leader of the New Empire since the fall of Palpatine. It has been made pretty clear that in this future universe of Star Wars there are star systems that are loyal to the Empire, and those who are not, thus we have two galactic governments still in tensions with each other, both will have to be reformed somewhat.

So, who took over after Palpatine? Usually when dictators are taken down then a totally new government structure takes place unless someone steps up to the plate to lead and create fear. Who is the person that stepped up to the plate?

2. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    This might go under "Who's the baddie?"

3. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    if there is one he probably doesn't play much of a role.

4. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    Maybe there's no Emperor.
    Maybe the remnants of the Empire don't even call themselves the Empire anymore.
    Maybe they're led by the highest ranking officer alive.
    Maybe this highest ranking officer is a Grand Admiral.
    Maybe this Grand Admiral is a blue skinned, red eyed humanoid alien.
    Just maybe...

:p

5. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    I speculated before that perhaps it's a spin on what we had before. So instead of an evil Emperor controlling and manipulating the bureaucrats, politicians and underlings we get a benevolent Emperor with good intentions who is actually controlled by those that surround them. Very much as was the initial plan for Palpatine.

"Once secure in office he declared himself Emperor, shutting himself away from the populace. Soon he was controlled by the very assistants and boot-lickers he had appointed to high office, and the cries of the people for justice did not reach his ears."

From the Star Wars novelisation prologue.

Miras-Etrin and starocean90 like this.
  6. Colossus of Rhodes

Colossus of Rhodes Jedi Padawan star 1

May 5, 2014
    Leia! |-)

after all she was enslaved by a monster (who did God knows what to her), it took it's toll...

seriously, it could be Leia but for different reasons, became corrupted without even knowing it, or - harsh reality forced her to make some military/political decisions that she is not proud of (but had to be done). Of course, if there is a new Emperor, he/she does not have to be a villain at all.

7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Mas Amedda. He's clearly Sheev's right hand. He gave Valorum the advice that led to the vote of no confidecence, he proposed that Sheev get "emergency powers", he witnessed part of the Sheev-Yoda duel, and he's Grand Vizier of the Empire in Rebels.

danmcken likes this.
  8. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Who says there is going to be one Emperor after Palpatine or not multiple ones at a time after Endor? With Vader and the Emperor dead, the next in command would be the Grand Moffs and the Imperial Star Fleet resorting to control. I imagine there will be infighting after this and multiple individuals trying to claim control over the Empire in the wake of Palpatine's "disappearance." It will be a full scale Imperial civil war with warlords squabbling for control. This will ware down the Imperial military over time and cause it to slowly disintegrate. It'll do much of the New Republic's work for them.

As the remnants of the Empire tear each other apart, the Republic will be able to grow in power vacuum created by the fighting. I personally think the Inquisitors will usurp power and try to eliminate their rivals.

Darth PJ likes this.
  9. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    And will he have a new groove

jedinightwing, SYKO and danmcken like this.
  10. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    Perhaps there won't be another Emperor.

Perhaps, Palpatine wasn't as bad as we thought. Perhaps, Palpatine was the Emperor Wilhelm II to Episode VII's Fuhrer Adolf Hitler.

We thought the first war was destructive/to end it all? Wait for this second one....

11. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014
    I think it would be interesting if the Empire transitioned into a military dictatorship after Palpatine's death. Perhaps lead by Domnhall Gleeson's character?

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  12. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
  13. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Could GC, DG or AD become Emperor?

14. kwisatzh

kwisatzh Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2014
    [​IMG]

Krueger likes this.
  15. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    LAJ edit - link removed due to language

16. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013

I like this idea, reminds me of Thrawn, only in this case the galaxy is split and the Thrawn type would have more power.

I'm also sure that Palpatine had a backup plan in place in case of his death. I guess the more important question is how relevant is this new ruler going to be to the plot of the story.

17. Gordonai

Gordonai Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 26, 2014
    Instead of a single Emperor they could be ruled by a committee - like the real life European Union; a dictatorship by committee.

Trebor Sabreon and danmcken like this.
  18. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    'A committee' sounds frightening enough, and not just because I wasn't sure how to type it correctly.

19. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
  20. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    At this point, I'd just like to see something new. I don't really want to see an Empire with an Emperor as if the OT never happend. Imperial factions etc. etc. I can live with that.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  21. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    I would think a scenario similar to the NJO series would work well.

Overlord Shimmraa was believed to be the vong leader but was actually being controlled by the jester Onimi.

Onimi was the true leader of the Vong.

I am not saying the Uber has to be Vong, but a similar setup as far as who is being controlled..

22. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    Don't we have a Who's The Baddie? thread.

23. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012

Council of Moffs perhaps?

24. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    My apologies DM.

I should've written New Emperor\Uber.

25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm going to go with no new Emperor. If there is one I think they'll be a figurehead for a military dictatorship. I liked starocean's idea of an imposter Palpatine acting as figurehead for the real power.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.