main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The New Empire

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by CosmoHender, Dec 3, 2016.

1. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    Yavin 4:

Within the temple, the frightened Hope saw the man who had killed the Jedi freeze and shout to his allies. "There is a trespasser. I can feel his presence. Deal with him and his companions!" A group of pirates acknowledged him and rushed off with several droids. "Nobody will stop us..." the man who had killed the Jedi said to himself.

Moraband:

"What did Dren say to you?" Irluuk asked cautiously.

Tatooine:

People screamed and fled as a hooded man told a blind man's limbs and head off, then tore his chest open. What remained of the old man was tossed aside. Nellith saw this and pulled out her blaster, rushing toward the hooded man to confront him.

-

Lisa followed Cliegg around a corner and found a blaster being pointed at her face by Cliegg. "Thought you could follow me so easily, Jedi? I'm with Imperial Intelligence. I have a few questions for you. I suggest cooperating. Do not underestimate me. I've been trained to deal with your kind..."

Jax Nova

2. Jax Nova

Jax Nova Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 22, 2014
    Yavin 4:

Jax moved forwards to the next position when he heard footsteps. He pulled out his blasters and got ready. Pretty soon a small contingent of men and droids stepped around the corner. The first several men and droids fell to the ground before anyone knew what happened, holes smoking in their foreheads.

Moraband:

"Not much... actually," she answered honestly. "He just asked about something I-" she stopped and seemed to be thinking for a moment. "Something I saw," she finished.

Tatooine:

Lisa glared as the man's blaster pointed at her face. "You were the one following me," Lisa said. "I felt you on Hab Abbadon, and now you are following me here. I came here on personal business, it's not your concern."

3. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    Yavin 4:

The man who had killed the Jedi grew frustrated as he listened to the sounds of blasterfire. "Might as well kill some younglings while I still got time..." he said, pulling out his stolen lightsaber.

Moraband:

"Did it have to do with the objects that overseer took from you?" Irluuk asked. "And did Dren mention me?"

Tatooine:

Nellith shot several bolts at the hooded man, who deflected them with his hands. The men then made a fist and Nellith's blaster snapped in two. Nellith gasped, but was even more shocked at what happened next. The hooded man drew out a lightsaber and ignited its blue blade. Nellith and the spectators couldn't believe it. A Jedi?

-

"You and your kind are now above the New Empire, Jedi," Cliegg warned Lisa. "What did you ask that old man? What did he tell you?"

Jax Nova

4. Jax Nova

Jan 22, 2014
    Yavin 4:

Jax picked off the last of the group just in time to rush around a corner a little ways down and see the man with the lightsaber. "Stop right there!" Jax yelled, not wasting any time he fired four or five shots at the man as he called out his warning.

Moraband:

"I guess," Aurelia answered his first question. "They didn't really explain what it was all about." She tossed her training saber across the room, using the force to land it perfectly in the holding rack that sat against the wall. She wiped the sweat off her face and pushed her hair, now matted and soggy, back out of her face. "He just said you were outside waiting... and I could leave." She shrugged. She wasn't entirely sure what Irluuk was getting at.

Tatooine:

"I asked him about my future," Lisa answered honestly. "And now... I can foresee that your future consists of disappointment, and no I'm not using the force to tell you that. I'm afraid I have little else to say to you." Lisa turned to walk away. Trouble was brewing and she didn't have time to stand around... it didn't feel safe.

5. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    Yavin 4:

The man easily deflected the shots with the stolen lightsaber. "You should not have come here, Mandalorian," the man warned. "You are getting involved in things you could not possibly comprehend. Leave now or die."

Moraband:

Irluuk nodded, listening. "There is much they aren't telling us, isn't there? Makes you think what we've got ourselves mixed up in."

Tatooine:

"Stop!" Cliegg shouted. "The blind man told me about a cave in the Jundland Wastes where I can find answers and knowledge. He said the Force would guide me. Can you find this cave with your powers?"

Before Lisa could answer, the Force suddenly gave her a vision of a cave in the Jundland Wastes littered with bones, machinery, and artifacts, the walls covered in paintings and writing.

Jax Nova

6. Jax Nova

Jan 22, 2014
    Yavin 4:

Realizing the futility of his blasters Jax put them away and pulled out his vibroblade. As a trained Mandalorian warrior he could easily hold his own with a blade... he hoped. He had no idea what this man was capable of. Hopefully Ardana and Justin were still hidden and could help if Jax was out matched.

"I'm afraid the threat of death doesn't do much to persuade me. Let the padawans go and I'll be glad to leave."

Moraband:

Aurelia nodded. Ahe couldn't lie... that thought had crossed her mind many times. "The path to power," was her simple answer. "And with power... survival." Her last word seemed forced as if it came from the most weary and tired part of her soul.

Tatooine:

Losa was going to ignore Cliegg, then the vision flashed into her mind. She moaned, almost as if it brought her pain and she drooped her head. She stood for only a second after the vision past. "I can lead you there," she told Cliegg. "The force wills it." She turned back to the man and headed off, following the force. "We need to hurry... there is trouble in town. The old man has been killed and there is a dark pressence on the planet." Her pace quickened as she wandered off towards the waistlands.

7. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    Yavin 4:

The man laughed coldly. "There are fates much worse than death, Mandalorian. But I'm afraid the insignificant younglings must die. The Master demands their blood and He must be obeyed. You are getting involved in matters you can't possibly comprehend. If you only knew His power..."

Moraband:

"You okay?" Irluuk asked, surprised by his concern. He remembered what Dren had told him.

Tatooine:

Cliegg followed Lisa into the Jundland Wastes and the two eventually came across a cave. There were paintings of people with lightsabers, glowing crystals, strange worlds, and glorious temples. There were also words carved into the walls, in an ancient language Cliegg did not understand. "Who lives here?" Cliegg wonders. He notices that the words were carved into the walls using a lightsaber. He looked around, and sure enough, an ancient lightsaber rested on the ground. He picks it up and ignites it, a red blade emitting from the handle.

Jax Nova

8. Jax Nova

Jan 22, 2014
    Yavin 4:

"You are right... I don't understand," Jax admitted. "Why don't you explain things to me?" He figured if nothing else, maybe he could stall long enough for the Jedo to find the kidnapped younglings.

Moraband:

Aurelia shook her head, but in contrast to her head shake she answered, "Yeah, I'm fine." She turned to look at Irluuk, her eyes moving up from the spot on the floor at which they gazed. "So what did he say to you?"

Tatooine:

Lisa entered the cave cautiously. "I have a bad feeling about this place," she said as they walked into the darkness. As her eyes adjusted to the dim lit cave from the glaring Tatooine sun she noticed the paintings. "Or who loved here?" She countered Cliegg's question with one of her own. She wasn't so sure anyone did still live here... it looked like a junk pile.

She rummaged through the junk. "What are we looking for? What answers? Data? Historical records? Emblems?" Her mind wondered out loud.

9. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    Yavin 4:

"An insignificant Mandalorian brute like yourself could never understand His will. You and everyone on this moon must die." Hope gasped for breath as an invisible force lifted her off the ground and she was strangled by invisible fingers.

Moraband:

"He told me a Sith legend about a warrior who fell in love with his slave. He then gave me some advice, told me he was watching me, and gave me a holocron. It was odd and unsettling."

Tatooine:

"Can you read the writing carved into the walls?"Clegg asked, before he noticed a fire in the cave that had been recently put out. He also saw something hidden in the sand. He pulled it out. A journal. He flipped through it. It was written in several languages and has many strange drawings.

Jax Nova

10. Jax Nova

Jan 22, 2014
    Yavin 4:

Jax gripped his sword, knowing this likely could be his last fight, but he couldn't abandone Hope. "Let her go!" He made his demand as he rushed at the man and swung hard with his vibro sword. His vibro sword was made of Mandalorian Iron, one of the few eliments that could withstand a lightsaber blade. At the very least he hopped he would take the man's attention off of hope.

Moraband:

"Sounds like he might be telling a story of himself," Aurelia scoffed, considering his man female slaves. "What about the holocron? Did you open it yet?"

Tatooine:

Lisa noted the fire as well when Cliegg approached it. She gazed at the writings on the wall, then those of the journal. "The writings on the wall look familiar..." she shook her head. "But I can't recal their source. It's something I studied in my Jedi training. It has been years ago. I can't remember enough to decipher it but we could if we could search the archives back on Yavin 4."

Lisa pulled out her data pad and began taking pictures and recordings of the writings, the cave around them, and the journal.

Before long, glancing back at the fire, she put her data pad away. "We should leave... if someone does live here there is no telling when they might show back up."

11. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    Yavin 4:

The man made a gesture and Jax was doing back by an invisible force. Hope continued choking.

Moraband:

"Not yet," Irluuk answered. "It did start glowing after I woke up from a strange dream though..."

Tatooine:

"Too late," a man in desert gear said as he entered the cave. He had blond hair, had a satchel over his shoulder, and had a blaster drawn out. "You're trespassing on my home."

Jax Nova

12. Jax Nova

Jan 22, 2014
    Yavin 4:

Jax tried his best to get to the man, but it seemed no good. He rushed at him again, trying to remember what he had read of the force in the archives. He tried to call out to Ardana and Justine through the force for help. He tried to block the force powers of the man from around Hope's throat.

Moraband:

"A dream?" Aurelia asked, sounding half intrigued and half repulsed. "What was it?" She seemed almost afraid to ask.

Tatooine:

Lisa's hand hovered to her lightsaber seconds before the man spoke, but she did not ignite her blade. "We didn't realize.. honestly. I didn't expect anyone to live in a place like this. We are sorry for trespassing."

13. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    Yavin 4

Justin and Ardana emerged from their hiding place with sabers drawn, charging toward the man and his hooded allies.

"Your feelings betray you, Mandalorian," the man who was choking Hope taunted. "You can not stop what is already in motion. Prepare to enter a galaxy..." he smiled cruelly and crushed his fist. "...without hope."

A lifeless body fell to the ground. Justin screamed in anger and leaped at the killer, engaging in a duel. Ardana was about to enter the fight as well, but froze when she heard that voice again.

Ardana.

Ardana turned and saw the ghostly image of a man only she could see. She didn't recognize him, but he wore the robes of a Force-user. The ghost spoke without opening his mouth as he stared blanky at the young Twi'lek.

It has begun.

Moraband

"I don't think they were dreams," Irluuk explained. "I think they were visions. Jungle worlds. Ruins of great cities. A desert planet with two suns. A shadow world that I recognized as my homeworld Umbara. Forgotten temples."

Tatooine

Nellith was thrown into a wall by an invisible force. She groaned, feeling her broken ribs. She got up and began limping away. Looking back, she glimpsed Imperial soldiers engaging the man with the lightsaber. They didn’t stand a chance.

-

The man, who had a necklace around his neck, began stuffing artifacts and bits of machinery into his bag. "Whatever. Just get out. There's no time."

Mandalore

For the first time in thousands of years the Mandalorian clans are gathering, uniting their people. A leader is to be chosen. If the clans merge their forces, they could become an unstoppable force. However, at this moment they are vulnerable…

And outside forces are taking advantage.

A giant war cruiser of unknown design has emerged from hyperspace. It easily dwarfs the New Empire’s battle cruisers and this single ship is armed with enough firepower to destroy a moon. It is made of unknown metals with strange hieroglyphics decorating the hulls. Most curious is that it had originated from unknown uncharted space.

Two more ships like it has entered the system and the trio of cruisers descend on Mandalore, charging up their weapons and deploying hundreds of drones. The death of Mandalore has begun.

Hab Abbadon

The Director of Imperial Intelligence was meeting with the Emperor himself, showing His Majesty a recording of the man with a lightsaber attacking Imperial troops on some Outer Rim planet.

“How recent is this footage?” the Emperor asks.

“A few minutes,” the Director replied.

“You’re sure he was a Jedi?”

“He has the fighting style and unnatural abilities of a Jedi to go with the weapon of one. The Jedi have been acting suspicious lately.”

“Yes, your agent Whitsun brought in a report of dealings between Jedi and Mandalorians. Where is Whitsun?”

“He was on Tatooine, the same planet where the footage was taken. He hasn’t been answering his comlink.”

“I’ve been hearing rumors of agents who are going silent, Director. Is that true?”

“I’m afraid so. Recently we lost all contact with our agents on Mandalore. We sent probes and scout ships, but none have returned. Some of our listening stations have been getting weird signals coming from the system, however. We’ve intercepted several transmissions, but we’ve been unable to translate them. We’ve also been picking up the same energy readings near Mandalore that we’ve been seeing all over the place.”

“What about Yavin 4?”

“All flights to and from the planet are still suspended. There are many disturbing rumors and we have been unable to contact Skywalker. We can’t seem to get any of our people near there though.”

“What does it all mean, Director?”

“It means, Emperor, that there is a plot against the New Empire and that the Jedi are involved. They can’t be trusted. We have to take action.”

“I agree. I believe you will be able to handle the matter?”

“Yes, Emperor.”

“Good. Do not fail. The New Empire is counting on your success.”

Jax Nova

14. Jax Nova

Jan 22, 2014
    Yavin 4:

Jax looked on in disbelief as Hope fell dead. His eyes flashed bacl to Ardana. "Ardana! Help!" He urged her, seeing her stop. He then rushed forward to join Justin in the fight against the man who had killed Hope.

Moraband:

Aurelia nodded. "I suspect you are right." It was no secret that such dreams were visions. She finally took a seat on the floor, tired but her breathing had evened out. He shirt was still drenched and her hair matted. She leaned her head back against the wall. "Well... I guess it's just a piece of a puzzle. A puzzle that we don't have a picture to."

Tatooine:

Lisa nodded, glancing back at Cliegg. "We were just leaving," she insisted.

15. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    Yavin 4:

Justin fought bravely, but his opponent seemed to be more skilled. Soon he was losing ground and being forced back, his defenses gerting battered. The hooded beings just watched. Ardana, however, seemed to be frozen in place, tears streaking down her face. "Infinity..." she whispered.

Moraband:

"This could be a test Dren has set up for us," Irluuk suggested. "Maybe I should open the holocron."

Tatooine:

The man didn't answer, stuffing the Sith lightsaber, a few tablets and holocrons, a starmap, and the blood stained journal into his bag. "They're here..." he mumbled to himself. "It has begun..."

Jax Nova

16. Jax Nova

Jan 22, 2014
    Yavin 4:

Jax swung hard at the hooded man with his vibroblade trying to help take his attention off Justin, still hollering to Ardana. "Ardana! We need your help!"

Moraband:

"Can't hurt..." Aurelia replied, trying to seem slightly casual. Truth be told she was quite anxious to see what was inside of it. She quite hopped Irluuk would open it while she was around.

Tatooine:

Lisa looked back and forth between the two men for a moment. She didn't like this... not one bit. She walked out to the entrance of the cave and took a deep breath, calming her mind. She sought which way the force would have her leave.

17. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    Yavin 4:

Arcana was being shown a vision. She was surrounded by statues of Jedi and the statues were slowly falling apart and crumbling to dust. "Peace is a lie..." She whispered as she wept. She then sensed death. Jedi on Yavin 4 were dying at that very moment. Something was happening. Something had begun.

Moraband:

In the tombs of Moraband, the creatures that infested them never strayed too near to the crazy hermit that lived there and warned himself by a fire. If they did come too close his shadows would scare them away.

"Peace is a lie," The hermit called. "It has begun. They have returned..."

-

The other acolytes had begun to wake up and a group of them had gathered in a hallway. Somebody had Used a lightsaber to carve a word into the wall. "Infinity..."

-

Irluuk headed to his bunk to retrieve the holocron, but then paused. He was being followed...

Tatooine:

The man who lived in the cave picked up a small idol of an idol depicting an alien of unknown species. "Peace is a lie. They have returned. The Sith plot in secret. Infinity..."

Jax Nova

18. Jax Nova

Jan 22, 2014
    Yavin 4:

Jax, at this point gave up trying to get through to Ardana. He attacked the hooded man with the lightsaber, striking with all the skill his Mandalorian training offered.

Moraband:

Aurelia followed Irluuk, not sure at forst where he was heading. When he stopped she stopped as well. She glanced around, wondering what was going on. Something... felt different.

Tatooine:

Lisa was given a nudge through the force. A direction of seeming safety. "I'm not sure about the two of you," she said, turning back to the men in the cave. "But I'm leaving." She began walking off into the desert.

CosmoHender

19. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    Yavin 4:

The man blocked Jax' s attacks and smiled.

"You wish to be a Jedi, Mandalorian? You shouldn't trust them. They deceive you. You know the first Mandalorian who learned the ways of the Jedi? He was a member of your clan and he created the darksaber. He was betrayed and murdered by the Jedi Order. His darksaber was stolen from your clan until the Mandalorians took it back. But the Jedi have hidden it again, which is why Mandalore is dying as we speak. Did you know any of this, Mandalorian? Remember, peace is a lie."

Moraband:

A huge hooded man suddenly grabbed Aurelia and slammed her against a wall, strangling her.

Tatooine:

"Who are you?" Clegg asked the hooded man.

"Gordon," The man hastily answered as he packed his bag.

"How do you know all of this? Or about the Sith?"

"I have seen their Academies. They have rebuilt their Order on forgotten worlds and on the ruins of former empires. The Jedi have no idea of their existence."

Jax Nova

20. Jax Nova

Jan 22, 2014
    Yavin 4:

"Peace is an ideal," Jax replied, still trying to get at the man. Jax tried to ignore the man's words of Mandalore but somehow he knew that it was true. "All I know is that peace or not, I could never agree with the evil things you have done here today."

Moraband:

Aurelia used the force to try and eacape from the hooded man. She tried her best.

Tatooine:

Lisa heard the man mention the Sith. If the Sith really had come back she needed to get to the council as soon as possible with this information.

CosmoHender

21. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    Yavin 4:

"Peace is a lie," the hooded men watching the fight began to chant.

Moraband:

A holocron struck the side of the hooded man's head, knocking him out. Irluuk had thrown the holocron using The Force.

Tatooine:

"What else do you know about the Sith?" Cliegg asked.

"Their leaders are thousands of years old, from the Old Republic era during the age of the reborn Sith Empire. Nothing is at seems..."

Jax Nova

22. Jax Nova

Jan 22, 2014
    Yavin 4:

Jax continued to fight, blocking out the mindless chant. "Seems like you are just all brainwashed to think what someone else wants you to think. Chanting a mantra doesn't make it real," Jax told the man.

Moraband:

Aurelia gasped for air as she was released. As the figure released her and fell unconcious she shoved him hard against the far wall with the force, instinctively still trying to free herself from his grip.

She looked at Irluuk, a slight hint if surprise on her face. "Thanks," she said hesitantly. Then she narrowed her eyes and turned them back to her attacker. Anger filled her and she stepped towards her attacker, intent on taking his life.

Tatooine:

Lisa paused and looked back at the two men. "Should we be leaving? We can talk on the way. I have a feeling the plot by these sith might involve many inside the Jedi. I'm not sure who it is safe to trust any of this information with."

23. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    Yavin 4:

"We speak the truth," the man told Jax and Justin. "Unlike the Council who has deceived you. They have not seen the signs. They could not even see that the Sith have returned and that they are lead by forgotten legends..."

Moraband:

"Don't kill him. He could have useful information."

Tatooine:

"How are they alive after thousands of years?" Cliegg asked Gordon.

"The legend of the Kaliburr Crystals are true! They grant the power to move planets and stars! And they were stolen long ago from a forgotten empire by their slaves. They were then hid by the first Skywalker, until they were eventually recovered by a warrior of legend. This planet has many secrets. It wasn't always a desert world. And Jedi once came here on pilgrimages. But that was long ago..."

Cliegg left the cave and joined Lisa. "Did you get any of that?"

Jax Nova

24. Jax Nova

Jan 22, 2014
    Yavin 4:

"Even if it were the truth, I could never trust you," Jax countered. "All I have is your word... the word of a man who would murder an innocent child."

Moraband:

Aurelia paused and looked at Irluuk, fire in her eyes. One would swear that they saw blue and red flame clicker in her bright green eyes. "Or he could wake up and overpower us and kill us!" She clearly wasn't convinced. She searched the man for weapons.

Tatooine:

Lisa eyed Gordon carefully. "Not really... I'm unsure what he is talking about. I have a feeling he is either raving mad... or he is correct." the thought troubled her in and of itself.

25. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    "Nobody is innocent," The man told Jax. "The child needed to die in order for the galaxy to be reborn. It is His will. It was He who lead you here, not The Force."

Arcana was being shown a family living in a homestead on Ryloth, when she came back into reality. She saw droids and pirates entering the chamber. She free out her lightsaber and intercepted them.

-

The Jedi who had lord about being a Skywalker was dead. His murderers, the Council, circled his corpse. "Peace is a lie," they chanted.

Moraband:

The man possessed a lightsaber, a dagger, and a Data drive. "Perhaps we should go to an overseer," Irluuk suggested.

Tatooine:

"I wonder how he knew so much..." Clegg wondered. "At least I got some snapshots of the cave. So ... What now?"

Jax Nova