main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The New Era (Vader/Padme/Luke/Leia) I AM NOT KIDDING! THIS FIC HAS BEEN UPDATED ON 03/27/04!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Hippety_Hopper, Mar 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hippety_Hopper

Hippety_Hopper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2003
    *walks cautiously to the thread*

Hi everyone and welcome to read my first attemp on fanfiction! :) I hope you will enjoy what you are about to read.

I am not going to reveal anything here about the storyline. You just have to read to find out! ;)

Before we start I would like to remind you that English is not my first language so be patient. All kind of FEEDBACK is very welcome.

All lurkers around there will get chocolate cookies if you delurk (this worked for me)! ;)

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars or any of the characters in this fic and plan to make no money out of this. This story is purely written for fun.

Here we go!!!!

The New Era

Darth Vader, the Dark Lord of Sith, looked out into the Corusant night. To him the night seemed endless on this planet. He had been waiting by the window the last three hours to hear any kind of news from the medical center. Vader did not need to wait but he wanted the silence to think about this whole new situation. He could not remember how long he had wished this to happen. He had secretly dreamt about it and planned to make it happen by himself. Now suddenly there was no need to any kind of action.

Emperor Palpatine was dying.

Padmé woke up suddenly realizing that she did not know where she was. For the last twenty years she had been hiding away from any kind of life. She had hidden in deserted places and old transporters. Those ships resembled more junk than ships. Padmé had done all this only to protect her children. Luke and Leia were alive, and Padmé was very proud of them. Any kind of sacrifice was worthy of them. So she had given up her life in the rebellion. There was too great risk that her husband would detect her among the rebels. The only way had been to run away and hide.

Now what Padmé saw, when she stood up, did not resemble any of those forsaken places, where she had stayed. She saw beautiful fields filled with flowers of many colors and in short distance was waterfalls falling to a lake. This place reminded her of Naboo. Her home.

- You are at home Padmé, a voice said.

Padmé turned around to face Obi-Wan.

- Home? It is not safe to be on Naboo. What were you thinking?! *He* will find us! *He* will take my children and kill them!

- The Force tells me that *He* is dying. The times will change. It was time to get back home. We have work to do, Obi-Wan explained patiently.

Padmé could not believe what she was hearing. The emperor was indestructible. He could not just die! But she has trusted her friend for many years. Why should she stop now?

Now what do you think?

*runs away to wait feedback*

Hippety

2. JediBlue

JediBlue Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2002
    *jumps up and down* Yay...cookies and a new fic with all my favourite characters. Things couldn't get any better!!!! :D :D

Anyways, This is looking very good. I'll be looking forward for more soon *hint* ;)

3. Floorfiller1618

Floorfiller1618 Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2002
    Very good start! Keep going I wanna see what happens next...

4. Jesus_The_Hut

Jesus_The_Hut Jedi Master star 1

Nov 19, 2002
    chocolate cookies?! YAY oh and a new story.... :D lol
    so how about a new a post? :cool:

5. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    *takes a cookie*

Very lovely start. I'd like to see more of this. :)

6. kithana

kithana Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2002
    *squeals in excitement* OMG you started a fic Hippety and you didn't PM it to me :( . Oh well you'll learn from your mistakes and send me your next story in PM won't you :D. *hugs H_H* i can't believe it you started a story and it is good i really mean it i am interested in more.

I especially like stories that start with PALPY DYING :D .

Kithana

7. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    So Obi trusts Vader not to harm Padmé or their children when Palpy is dead?

Vadey

8. Diabla

Diabla Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2002
    Ooo! Hippety, you're starting a story, excellent! Looking forward to more!

-Dia

9. Darthina_Christine

Darthina_Christine Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Yay! Go Hippety! You started a story! *feels stupid because she didn't realize this earlier*

But I also like the fact that Palpatine's dying... it could make this story very interesting [face_devil]

Great Start!

10. Hippety_Hopper

Jan 25, 2003
    *comes back almost speecless*

So many replies! I AM SO HAPPY THAT YOU ALL ARE HERE!!! (hugs you all)

JediBlue, I am writing the next post and hope to have it ready by tomorrow.

Floorfiller1618, you will see. I promise! :)

Jesus_The_Hut, Soon! :)

Fruity, YOU ARE HERE?! You're like one of my idols around here what comes to writing! This is honour! *faints*

Kithana, sorry! [face_blush] I promise to learn from my mistakes! (hugs Kithana) And as you see I used your method of getting people to delurk! :)

VadeyFan2002, well... you just have to read to find out, I'm afraid. I will not give anything away at this point... sorry! ;)

Dia, thanks! You're excellent writer yourself! :)

Darthina, oh there you are! I was starting to wonder if you would come to read this. I'm happy that you liked it! :)

Well, if all goes as planned you will have new post tomorrow! Bye now! :)

*runs away to write more*

Hippety

11. MYSTIC_KNIGHT

MYSTIC_KNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2002
    I like it. This could get very interesting.

12. Jedi_Mastre_Kris

Jedi_Mastre_Kris Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 21, 2002
    OoOh!!! Hippety! A new fic! hurray! ....
    :-( why didn;t you PM me?
    *joins Kithana and pouts along with her* :p

Of course, you know I luv anything with Vader in it :D so I'm here for good!

more please
    *sneaks away to her thread before Kithana can grab her by the collar* hee-hee!

UP!

13. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I never seen Palpatine sickly before in a fic. You have a stunning first start here, Hippety. I hope to see more writing from you in the future too. :)

14. Diabla

Sep 30, 2002
    *Dia looks at the pouting kithana and kris*

hmm...

*picks up a conviniently placed water balloon, chucks it at them and runs away laughing*

15. Darthina_Christine

Oct 6, 2002
    *hugs hippety back* n/p! :D

*raises eyebrows* So you want to play it rough eh? Water Fight!

*chucks a water balloon at the fleeing Dia* Muhahhaha [face_devil]

16. Diabla

Sep 30, 2002
    *Dia is soaked by Christine's water baloon*

You're dead meat!

*Pulls out a supersoaker*

Water Fight? Nah, Water Wars! lol!

*Runs after Christine*

Ha!

17. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Delurks to fill the water balloons with neon green dye and to remark -

Interesting beginning. I agree, I've never read one with a sick Palpy before. Please keep it up!

JS

18. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Short info for those who never read a fic with Palpy sick and dieing.
    Read "power lust " here on the boards, it is rewriten and the new sequel just begun.

There Palpy goes insane and died after some time, I think two years.

It's a very good story, where Mothma is the bad one and Vader Emperor.

Sorry I don't have the link at hand, but it is always on the 10th first pages.

Vadey

Edit: the story is by SJade and Tatanja, I think.

19. Hippety_Hopper

Jan 25, 2003
    *runs back to the thread trying her best to avoid flying water baloons*

More replies?! YIPPIIIII! :) You're all very welcome! :)

Here is the next piece, I hope you'll enjoy it! :)

Two weeks later.

HoloNews Reader:

?- - this tragedy faced the galaxy today. The Emperor Palpatine passed away after short period of unknown illness. The memorial will be held at the Royal Palace among the Emperor?s most loyal servants. After the funeral it is presumed that Lord Vader will be declared the heir of the throne. Only time can tell us what changes His Lordship?s lead will bring to the galaxy. Another attempt on - -?

Princess Leia Organa turned her attention away from Falcon?s HoloNews receiver when her comm went on. She and the rest of Millennium Falcon?s crew had been awaiting Luke to contact them ever since the first news of Emperor?s death came out. Leia did not have to be disappointed when she answered the call.

- Luke where are you?

- I am heading to the next rendezvous point near Sullust. And you?

- The same direction, Leia said with some amount of relief in her voice, Mon wants us to gather together as quickly as possible. We need to discuss our next move.

- I will be there on time. Does anyone know Lord Vader?s current location?

Leia frowned at his twin brother?s question. Why was Luke always so concerned about Vader?s whereabouts. Naturally none of the rebels wanted to meet His Lordship but Luke seemed most concerned of them all. This behavior had started right after the disaster in Besbin. Leia would like to know what happened between those two but she could not bring herself to ask about it directly from Luke. Besbin was not open for discussion between them. Leia did not know exactly why. Only her inner voice had warned her not push the subject ? yet.

- The Rebel Intelligence has lost track of him after his departure Corusant late last night. None of us knows his destination.

- Oh, I see. I?ll meet you guys at the rendezvous point then. I need to meditate on the current happenings.

With that Luke ended the call leaving Leia to her own concerns about him and the future of the galaxy.

Padmé sat in front of her unfinished painting. For years she had taken small pleasure from painting her memories of Naboo?s and hers much happier times. Times before the Emperor. In many of her paintings one familiar set of ice blue eyes and their owner appeared on the canvas. Padmé missed her husband so much that from time to time it was hard to breathe when she thought about him. Anakin had become her life. He had given her two beautiful children BUT he had also stolen himself from her and the twins. That was very hard to forgive. Padmé did not know if she ever could.

The sun was already setting and Padmé thought it was time to finish for the day. According to Obi-Wan she needed all the rest she could get before they left Naboo. Her husband would never come to search her here unlike the Emperor would have. Lord Vader thought her dead. If Padmé could choose she would like to let him believe that was true. But her daughter needed her help and connections. The Empire was weakened and it was time for the Rebellion to act. It meant so much to her children that she just could not stay hidden. Padmé wanted to help them. It was worth the risk. Lord Vader would be otherwise occupied at least the time it took him to clear all the opponents to his rise to the throne. There were rivals and those not loyal to the Emperor within the Empire. Some of these parties could try to exploit current chaos to their own ends.

Satisfied with her work Padmé left the unfinished portrait of her Anakin and retired to her much needed rest.

*runs away to wait more feedback*

Hippety

20. JediBlue

JediBlue Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 21, 2002
    *looks right and left*

Oh, good...no flying water balloons in sight.

Hmmmm...Padme...painting!? Oh, that's a nice idea. :) :)

Awesome post!!! :D

*rushes out*

21. Diabla

Sep 30, 2002
    *looks around corner, satisfied Dia walks into the thread, supersoaker in hand*

Great post Hippety, it's cool how you conveyed Padmé through her art. More soon? This is a great story!

-Dia

22. Jedi_Mastre_Kris

Jedi_Mastre_Kris Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 21, 2002
    HAH! Dia thinks she can't get soaked... [face_devil]
    WATER BOMB!!!! *launches a huge water ballon the size of a bantha at the whole thread, soaking the entire mess*
    mwahahahaha!!!!!
    ... [face_laugh]

good post! I can't wait for more, Hippety!!

UP!

23. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    That was great Hippety. :)

More soon I hope. ;)

24. Darthina_Christine

Oct 6, 2002
    Yay! A post! I am another person who likes the idea of Padme Painting... but I do hope that Vader finds Padme... and oo mush [face_love] [face_devil]

*brings out the hose and starts stockpiling balloons* Ok. SO who's on my team? [face_devil] Or is it everyone for themselves?

Doesn't matter

*sprays everyone except Hippety* You know you can't hurt the author... they might not post! *thinks about her theory* hmm... maybe that won't work... because then I could spray all the authors on this thread! *gah!*

Anyways.... Great Post!

25. Diabla

Sep 30, 2002
    I'll be on your team Christine, we canadians have to stick together! ;) Oh, but don't spray Hippety, we need more of her wounderful posts,(hint, hint)!

-Dia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.