main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The New EU Senate - MOVE INFORMATION!!!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    In light of the complete drivel that has emerged from your vaunted Senate, I have decided to re-start the Senate, modelled after the great Imperial Senate of the first Empire. We have had no Order, no direction, for some time, since the disbandment of this as a representative government of the Community. In order to facilitate the return of threads and fan clubs to civilisation, emergency measures will be introduced to keep the peace - or, more accurately, restore any semblance of peace and activity in this fair region.

Naturally, this august body will have me as Emperor, and all the Senator's will be elected by their threads. In response, the Emperor, as the executive and combining the roles of Chancellor and Dark Lord, shall personally select a Moff to run a thread in the meantime, and these Moffs shall approach threads should they wish to return to the Senate democratically. If they do not, the Moff shall remain as observers and enforcers in order to ensure the Senate's messages are carried to the four corners of the EU Community. If a thread actually elects the Moff to be their Senator, they shall be known as Lords, in light of their double responsibility.

In the meantime, the Senate will peacefully seek to continue the administration of the EU Community, seceding from the authority of the Mods and pursuing it's own campaigns of liberation against the threads of the EU Community who continue to cling to the ways of chaos and rebellion.

Order will be imposed. Peace will be restored. Life will be brought to these fair lands.

So it is written, so it will be done!

Roster

Twin Emperors

Of the West
    GrandAdmiralJello

Of the East
    Sinrebirth

Regents
    To Be Confirmed

Chancellor
    To be Confirmed

Moffs
    Blubeast - Darth Carnal - Moff of the NJO FC

Senators

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Constitution of the New EU Senate

Emperor - Rules the EU Community, powers include the introduction of Motions of his or her own design. Has ultimate responsibility of appointment and dismissal of Moffs and the knighting of Lords. He also has the power to dismiss the Chancellor if they prove unable to form a working government, and to individually block the appointment of Senators whom prove threats to the peace.

Regent ? The Emperor?s Proxy(ies), responsible for running the Senate in his absence. There can be no more than three at one time. Fills the role of the Chancellor in the absence of an elected official, and are chosen by the Emperor.

Moffs - The messengers of the Emperor, responsible for overseeing the re-integration of threads into the Senate, as well as the direct rule of threads who have yet to appoint a Senator. These Moffs also have a vote in the affairs of the Senate where there is no Senator of their thread.

Chancellor - The elected leader of the Senate, subservient to the Emperor in position, capable of the introduction of Motions, responsible, in the absence of the Emperor, for the government.

Senators - Elected or appointed by their representative threads, they have the power, as before, to request the floor, to appoint up to two aides to assist them, and to vote on motions.

Aides ? Assistants of the Senator, these can have the Senator?s vote given to them as a proxy in the absence of the Senator themselves.

Lords ? Moffs who are also Senators, they have a second vote in the affairs of the Senate due to their increased prominence.

Special Motions

Motions which influence the Constitutional make-up of the Senate. These can only be made by the Emperor, three Regents, three Lords, or by three Senators in agreement. These include motions as to ?No Confidence? in the Chancellor, Senator or Aide. None of these Special Motions can be used to unseat the Emperor, but they may be used against Lords or Regents.

3. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    This is an EUC Event. It shall last for the foreseeable future, and in the interest of community, we would be grateful if as many people as possible would be participate. The Senate, while bringing threads back to the Senate, will also be busy running events, polls, games and so forth for the EU Community, as was it's previous role as the government of the Senate. Elections for Senators can be decided in-thread, and a Moff will be dispatched to various threads and request they participate. These Moffs will remain in force as informal liaisons, with Senators as formal liaisons. I would love for this to be a continual event, and look forward to ruling over you all!

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Adalia Durron appears in the door way of the now destroyed Senate, one hand on her blaster, the other on her lightsaber, her feet slightly apart and her long auburn hair cascading down her back over her dark green cape. Her emerald eyes sparkle as behind her appear the rest of her supporters.

Horsey, Rebecca Daniels, I am Kooky, A Wings Rule, Master Y Wing, Zarkinfrood, PRINCESS CAMBRIA, adaml83, CrazyOldHermit and Jacensgirl.

She steps over rubble, defty walking over larger pieces of ferrocrete with ease, forward toward Sinrebirth with clear intention and stops before him, Sey on one side and adaml83 on the other. Inclines head.

SINREBIRTH! I represent Wild Knightz and the Twin Suns of the New Jedi Order Fan Club! We are here to challenge your leadership and protest your destruction of democracy!! Adam and I are the current Leads of these two squadrons and challenge you and your leadership and demand you step down and allow democracy to return. Your reign of destructive terror is over, we have declared war on your EMPIRE - THIS IS A REBELLION!!

5. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Another emperor? Now there's a question. [face_thinking]

Who's east and who's west?

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I would say that would be clear....the 'west' its using one letter to describe is leadership - 'I'. Whereas the 'east' are using two letters to describe themselves - 'we'. ;)

Choose your side, but choose wisely....remember the Battles of the past and which side always prevails...

7. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    [image=http://lolfed.com/wp-content/uploads/aw-hell-naw.jpg]

No they didn't go and start a Rebellion.

I shall retake my title as Darth Carnal and serve under Lord Insipid. Which means destroying those who stand in his path of EUDomination.

Prepare you infidels![face_devil] [face_skull]

*Hopes Jello doesn't find out*[face_worried]

-b

8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Pfft. Jello is inconsequential in the New Senate.

I shall take this Rebellion very seriously.

I need a single Moff to go to the NJO FC and offer them a chance for peace. Invite a Senator to join us. Volunteers, please... I do have three positions of 'Regent' free for Sith to take...

9. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    I will do so, only if I can get a cool ship to go over and do it in.=P~

I will also do so, even if I don't get it. Because I'm a master of negotiation.

-b

10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    How's this?

[image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090525205959/starwars/images/d/da/EclipseHangsOminouslyInSpace-FoC.jpg]

Negotiate peacefully, Moff Carnal... if they elect you as Senator, recall, you will be a Lord... ;)

11. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    Delicious.[face_money_eyes]

-b

12. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Usurper!

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Li, surely you would like a role as Senator? Or perhaps a Sith Moff?

14. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Think about my username for a minute. :p

15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well, be a Loyal Imperial and represent your faction by pretending to be loyal to the Sith government until you can betray us!

;)

16. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I would beg to differ. I hold the power here. I have no interest in getting involved in these petty squabbles, but I might suggest that the party that seeks victory might best do so by appeasing me.

Jedi, Sith, it doesn't matter to me. Convince me why your side should matter, and I might deign to let you rule as viceroy--a grand vizier, if you will.

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    You do strike me as a great Ars Dangor type of person... I could provide you with the rank of Grand Vizier.

I am amused that you seem to think you alone hold power here...

Lady Ardeur (Sey), you agree?

I have heard you are a rebel, now... yet I have yet to see the truth...

Moffs, Senators - I offer a reward of the position of Moff of the Senate to the person who finds Darth Ardeur and brings her to me.

EDIT:

In light of our past discord, I can now announce that the Great Empire, spanning across the EUC and SWC, will now be ran by the Twin Emperor's - myself and Jello. I have chosen to enshrine his claim to the throne, as Emperor of the West - the EUC - and myself as Emperor of the East - the SWC. The system shall remain as otherwise, however the Joint Emperors, ruling from here, for now, shall share the powers of Emperor in regards to the appointment of the Mofference.

18. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    *removes her hood*

*narrows her eyes at Sinrebirth*

You have gone too far Insipid. When I stepped down from leader of both Sith forces I did expected this out of you. That is why I am prepared with my own forces to take back control of the EUC.

I cannot allow you both to just take over. I will align myself with Addie and the Rebellion. Be prepared for war. We will reclaim our right to a democracy!

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Elect a Senator and constitutionally remove me, little Ardeur. Your Rebellion is nothing but the drums of war!

20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003

Consider it done Jello

I don't want a Leadership role, I have no desire to become an overlord of any kind, I wish for the EU to be free. Born of freedom, and to be lead by those who believe in choice, democracy and the democratic process. Not to mention I have no desire to destroy innocents or anyone who opposes me, but having said that, if some see fit to side with Sinrebirth, I have only one thing to say to them....GET OUT OF MY WAY......as I will not show them my gentle side, I will wipe away to allow the light to shine!

So tell me Lord Jello what is it you wish for the EU, and how can I help you bring it about?

21. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    *Cruises in*

It seems the NJO Rebellion is growing in boldness and strength.[face_frustrated]

Lord Sinebirth, allow me to engage these infidels in battle. They are barbarians and only will understand the pain that only the Sith can bring to their lives.

I has no mercy for Rebels.[face_shame_on_you]

-b

22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    It might serve us better to be the 'bigger' side in this squabble. I suggest we appease the 'rebels' and negotiate with them from afar. It might serve us well, to see which threads are friendly, and which are not, when it comes down to it. We shall allow this rebellion to fan it's embers, and then douse them when they have revealed their true 'strength', such as it is. No need to waste energy during these formative days on making enemies for ourselves after all.

Peace is our goal, of course...

23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    transmission from Adalia comes in to blubeast1237

Are you afraid? You ran away before I had a chance to respond to your empty threat.....I fought the Vong, you don't scare me, or my NJO. You, like the Vong will be defeated.....ends transmission

24. blubeast1237

Apr 10, 2007
    *Bows*

As you wish my lord.

-b

25. Wifflesnip

Wifflesnip Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 22, 2008
    *Mara Legionnaire steps in and quickly summons lightsaber to hand.*

I pledge my support to democracy, the light-side and, well I suppose the Rebels if I have to...still a little fond of the Empire. However, according to our beloved Mara, we know that all Emperors are double-crossing vermin who will tell you that you're the only one but will secretly have many others on the side. CHEATER!! :mad:

Plus, I'm not even sure this is a real Emperor... probably just another overconfident clone [face_talk_hand]

*Quickly gets suited up and starts practicing lightsaber moves against the spare Luuke clone we keep in the Mara Thread cupboard.*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.