main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge The *NEW* First Sentence Challenge -- New Sentence 10/07/09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by FirstSentence, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FirstSentence

FirstSentence Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2007
    Beginning another year of joy-filled sentences, we're here with another great sentence, suggested by Starwolf76. Since it's a new year, and the start of new things, I thought it an appropriate sentence as it details a life being left behind, and a new one partaken.

So, with this thought of lives being renewed in new, and hopefully exciting ways, let's write some fic, shoving our favorite Star Warriors into new and exciting lives.

The decision to leave behind the only life they had ever known in exchange for one of running and fighting began as most decisions do; over selecting the best kind of appetizers.

2. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    Another new sentence, another new fic!

http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/29684406/p1/

3. FirstSentence

Dec 31, 2007

Ah, it's that time again. I need more fic, so let's see what someone can do with the following sentence:

It was always messy cleaning up after a murder.

Suggested by Kit'

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh I love that sentence! :D

5. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    so that means you're going to write us FIC, right ??? [face_hopeful]

6. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Ok, that sentence was just too good to resist! [face_devil]

Therefore, here's my fic! http://boards.theforce.net/before_the_saga/b10475/29750755/p1/

I hope I did it right...

7. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    So this sentence completely had me hooked.

Here's what I wrote:

Simply People

And it's even on the Saga board! My second Saga Story! Woot! :p

8. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    That was such a great sentence. :D

My muse loved it.

Contentment

It's just a drabble, but I had fun with it. :D

9. FirstSentence

Dec 31, 2007
    It's that time again, we get yet another new sentence on the gleeful hope that people will write more fic for me to read.

Now, for a bit of... well, it could be TMI *shrugs* Anyways, I've been a bit under the weather lately, and I bit my lip in my sleep due to it. Hard enough to break skin, and turn it into a mouth-sore. The problem (outside of just the pain of a mouth sore) is that a bite lip is not conducive to kissing my beloved, and long-suffering, wife. Well, it's healed now, so in honor of that, I've delved into one of my Heinlein novels and pulled forth this sentence:

Once in a great while lips meet and two spirits merge for a time and the universe is right and complete and the planets wheel in their proper places -- For Us, The Living, Robert A. Heinlein

10. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    I've written an entry :D

http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/29773727/p1/

11. FirstSentence

Dec 31, 2007
    Well, it's that most-pink of holidays, and as an American-male, I have to say that the Japanese have a much better tradition in regards to this particular day. For those that don't know, over there, it's the girl who gives the guy chocolate--and for their favorite guy, they try to make said chocolate at home.

But I digress, and since--and this is something my wife insists is true--The Empire Strikes Back is not a romantic-fantasy, I felt the need to prove that I do know other movies.

So, I delved back into my mind, and DVD collection to find the last romantic movie that I actually enjoyed watching, and pulled forth this quote to work as the special, Valentine's Day First Sentence.

"Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while." -- The Princess Bride

12. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Aye, one of my favorite movies. [face_love] And a beautiful quote.

I can already see the mush dripping off the fic. :p

13. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    well, I was hoping for some much.... but it seems that folks don't particularly like this sentence... [face_thinking]

14. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    Am I the only one who sees a half dozen awfully mushy Anakin/Tahiri fics coming out of this sentence challenge? [face_laugh]

If I was any good at said mush, I'd probably give it a shot myself, but alas... :(

15. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    one could give it a try :D

16. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    I'm feeling... prodded... all of a sudden. :p

17. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    *hides cattle prod behind his back* I wouldn't know why... [face_whistling]

18. Sebastian_Thyr

Sebastian_Thyr Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2009
    Ok, giving this a shot. But I'm going the really, really long route and starting with the quotes from 2005 first. Going to see how long I can keep a "chaptered" story going. Find my attempts here : http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/29814579/p1/?0

19. FirstSentence

Dec 31, 2007
    Recently, I've been called insane--or crazy--for a number of various reasons (the least of which was watching my brother-in-law's 4 kids in addition to my 2 for a week). As such, this sentence just resonated wtih me....

Though this be madness, yet there is a method in it.

20. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    Does this mean that you're taking on the meta-challenge of using one of these sentence for the first sentence of each post? :D

21. Sebastian_Thyr

Sebastian_Thyr Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2009
    Yes, that's exactly what I mean Kidan...I've already got the first two up. It helps that I already have a (very rough) flow in my head of where the story will go as I reach certain quotes. But I know that the first story will have an end before I run out of quotes...unless of course my SW muses gift me with a good continuation to the tale.

22. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    SWEET!!!!!!!! *runs off to read pt 2*

23. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    This doesn't fit the specific criteria for a multi-challenge response, but it still utilizes some of the sentences in multiple chapters...yeah, that's not real persuasive. :oops:

Anyway, it's a repost (properly tweaked) of a story I started back in 2007. Present link is here: A Blue Island In The Black Sea

24. FirstSentence

Dec 31, 2007
    GAH! Sorry about the month-long absence, but I've been suffering at work due to just the sheer looming weight of deadlines for a massive auditing application that I'm building under what amounts to an insane schedule. For the record, the schedule was set up for 3 programmers for three months, it's now just under 4 months and I've been working on it by my lonesome--but I'm nearly done.

Anyways, this sentence just felt... natural to me while looking through the list:

Ignoring the mounting chaos around him, he continued his work to override the controls.

25. mujapple-juicey

mujapple-juicey Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2008
    O goody! I've already gotten a big fat bunny!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.