main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The new forum + icons.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Only-One Cannoli, Jul 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    eht - yeah, the vertical and horizontal and usually counted separately, so 3 sizes.

2. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Here's what I'm saying: the system isn't broken and it works fine now. There's really no purpose to fix or change anything, because it works. See. It works.

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I agree. Although the current rules are rather controversial (as has been proven in this thread and is a very valid point IMO), allowing any icon to make it onto the board because it fits two very broad pieces of criteria doesn't make much sense.

On elitism, it's not that hard to submit a single icon. Heck, I don't much graphic design skill (see: none), yet I still upload a few icons for voting now and then. I don't see how the entire process is geared towards graphic design majors and professionals; it certainly isn't.

And about requested icons: it's definitely not true that Icon Makers ignore all requests. I remember a lot of requested images being made into qualifying icons to be voted on; once in a while a request slips through the cracks, but a lot of requests have also been filled and eventually been uploaded onto the forums.

4. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 5, 2009
    I got no real issues with the current system we got, just wanted to say that Zac isn't the only one who thinks the 50x50 icons are looking a little small.

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Maybe I'm in the minority on this, but I prefer the 50x50 ones here to the often larger ones you see uploaded by users in other forums.

BTW, was just curious: is it known yet whether icons will stay with each user during the move? I think I asked this before in another thread, but if I recall it was not known for sure yet. Not a big deal... as I said, just curious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.