main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive The New Forum Party Thread!

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by NaboosPrincess, Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    *shudders*

I hate needles. But not as much as someone I know, who will faint/get sick upon sight or overt mention of one.

What I really fear are spiders.

2. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    You too, eh? I hate spiders! [face_worried] I can handle snakes, rats, and all kinds of stuff, but not spiders! Those eight-legged things are creepy... Yet, oddly enough, i love Spider-Man. :p

3. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I don't know why. I tower over them, yet I still fear them. They're just so... unnatural. Along with all other bugs.

Oh, and crabs give me the heebie-jeebies. They're like the spiders of the ocean...I have no problem with octopi, though.

4. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    Someone once told me that the fear of snakes / spiders is genetic...

That is, if you fear snakes, you are fine with spiders and if you fear spiders, you are fine with snakes...

I haven't found someone who bucks the trend yet!

Spiders here.... snakes are cool. ;)

5. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    Imp, I think I prove that theory wrong lol. I am freaked out by both. Even worse than water spiders are water snakes *shudders*

6. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    Hey, we all hate spiders. We should start a club. :p

7. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    *Stumbles in Late-as-usual*

Somebody said party.....

*Reads page and pretends to know what we're talking about*

Actually, I'm OK with both...I just get nervous around Rattlers....and Cobras...and Pythons....And Anacondas....

And eels.

So Yeah...that proves your theory on my part.

8. Kalio_Dynkos

Kalio_Dynkos Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    As to the whole math thing, according to recent (by recent, I mean the last time I read the 1998 report 2 wks ago) studies by top psycologists writers usually have a problem with math skills. It has something to do with the left/right sides of the brain. Ah! Making a fool of myself, better get to sleep.

As Mark Twain once said, "Better to keep your mouth shut and let everyone think you a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Oh, and I'm a changed man on the Spiders/snakes issue. I used to hate spiders - terrified as a kid. I think it was my mom's fault because no matter where she saw one she would freak. So, I acquired the fear, I believe. Now that I'm grown, it's merely the walk that kills me. Hate the disjointed walk. Oh! And Water Spiders - nope! They are the exception to my fears. I don't mind spiders now. Water spiders though! I was working on a dock with those things all around. One was running down dock from end to end (where my head was over the water) and it sounded like Bigfoot saw his shadow and didn't like it.

Snakes - I wouldn't say I love 'em, but I can deal with them. Basically what I'm saying is, yes, I agree with I_H's theory. My fears just flipflopped with time. Ok! Off to bed before I start rambling.

9. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    I don't like Spiders.

I don't like Snakes.

However, I do not fear either of them; just hate 'em both. ;)

Unless, of course, they were deadly. ;)

I do, however, have both a rubber spider and snake in my room. o_O What for, I do not know, except that the spider looks cool. :cool:

10. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I will chase after snakes to get a good look at them.

11. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Snakes are cool, but spiders creep me out. :(

12. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    So, basically, what you are trying to say, Hammer, is the following:

For each person afraid of spiders, call them x, there exist some person afraid of snakes, call them y, and moreover, because the population of earth is countable (and even finite), we can take a sum over them, and index and scale the x's and y's so that our sum over all people is the population of the world?

:p

I love (and hate) my mind

13. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I prefer to not have anything to do with either. My brother has snakes and a longtime ago had a tarantula so i lived with both as pets but i didnt freak out it's just that they are not my thing. Im not a fan of either i only tolerate them.

14. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    Trying to work math into our spiders/snakes discussion? :p

15. Lucki

Lucki Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 30, 2006
    My boyfriend thinks it's funny 'cause when I see a spider I will capture it and than let it go like a mile from our house. Just in case it gets the urge to come back :p

16. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Well... that is a way to get exercise. :p

Integral... that actually made sense.

On the third try.

17. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    [face_hypnotized] [face_explode]

18. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Integral... It's quite strange. I've developed a fondness for Radicals. Is that a good sign?

Un-Related: I'm sweating after rocking out to an impromptu performance of Communication Breakdown. I even improvised a solo! It was awesome!

19. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Now that's more like partying!

;)

20. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    I know. Zeppelin Rules.

It was just so fun! I just got back from playing the Immigrant Song.

Guitar rocks.

21. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    We still discussing spiders, cos I used to be scared of them and their webs.
    I walked into a web as a child, and picking tangible but invisible strands out of your face and hair traumatised the heck out of me.

I have developed a non-aggression pack with the spiders in my hose, as long as they keep out of an exclusion zone around and including my bedroom.

It is okay to be afraid of water snakes, since they are the most poisonous on the planet!

Someone once told me that a theory on arachnaphobia (fear of spiders) is based on 'knowing they just shouldn't be on this planet', eg. from somewhere else.

I'm not afraid of snakes, and actually have favourites - Spitting cobra, Black Mamba, Anaconda, respectively, can spit blinding poison into your eyes, fastest snake (15mph in small bursts), and largest.

If you ever come across a box in a store literally covered in pictures of spiders, don't run away...well, run away and get someone to buy it for you. Inside is this lightsabre thingy consisting of a handle and a hollow plastic tube that sucks smaller spiders up itself, and holds them while you leave the house, take a bus journey and release it in the wild...or just where you reckon you can run back into the house before it can. :p

22. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Should I quote Kill Bill here?

Hmm...nah.

23. kiskolou

kiskolou Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 23, 2005
    I love spiders!There's nothing scary about them,Unless they're 15 feet tall and venomous and hairy.

24. Sanctimoniously

Sanctimoniously Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2005
    I don't mind spiders or snakes, as long as they don't mess with me.

25. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Until this post, we were at 123 posts with this thread. Cute, huh? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.