main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The New FX lightsabers

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Magellan_the_Cat, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    So far, I've only seen the Vader and Anakin versions. So for $40, you can get something sculpted closer to the proper proportions, with a blade like the old expensive MR sabers only it doesn't seem to be quite as good. The individual points are easily visible up close. From more than 5 feet, it probably looks cool enough. I just hope the ones I saw were in some store-demo-mode, because they were not responding to any actions anyone was taking--and let's be honest, that is half the fun.
    So, way better than rubies, slightly better than the usual hasbro kiddie-fare, not as nice as MR or the radio-shack build-your-own kit.

2. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I saw these @ Target the other day. Kind of a nice in-between'er item. For only $20 more it's a heck of an upgrade over those Hasbro sabers. Perfect b-day present for a younger fan.

3. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    If anyone picks one of these up I'd love a review. I just bought one for my youngest son for his bday next week but as I'm away I haven't actually been able to check it out.

4. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    So here's a silly question: The Lightsaber Room Lights--how are they?
    I know they are some lame education toy, but that aside, I thought it might be fun to get a dozen or so and make a circle of them in the center of a ceiling pointing out. Sure, it would be silly and expensive, but might be neat for the mood/effect.

Anyone got a good couple of pics of them and how much light they put out?
    It the blade 2 feet, or is the whole unit 2 feet?
    How effective is the coloring?