The New Global Energy Thread - U.S. Per Capita Energy Consumption Plummets

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Jabbadabbado, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    A prototype Solar Fuel Machine has been unveiled, apparently able to turn the Sun's rays into energy in a similar way to plants.
  2. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    "A dollar more per gallon isn't that much, probably about $750 more per year for each motorist"

Oil's surge in 2010 paves the way for $4 gasoline

It's probably not oil CEO's that just want their lives back, and it's certainly could nto be OPEC exploiting the world. No, it's probably those danged Beverly Hilbbilies. BUBBLIN' CRUDE

Actualy, Jed could save this country from OPEC, he is obviously for domestic drilling.
  3. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Somehow, I doubt the U.S. is in better shape in 2011 to withstand $4/gallon gas prices than it was in 2007. $750 a year is a lot for anyone who is already pushed to the brink financially.
  4. Darth_Fred Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I know I'm not in any better shape to weather it. I am more used to it though, so that might be a slight advantage.
  5. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    India is to lead the way for the creation of tidal power in Asia.
  6. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Those turbines are impressive. Tidal energy has a lot of potential, but the big hurdle remains corrosion and erosion of parts. Seawater is relentless. Of course we make it work more or less with offshore oil drilling and production rigs, so ultimately I'm hopeful we can make tidal energy pay off in some parts of the world.
  7. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Seems far more efficient than Wind or Solar Power.
    A nation like the UK should be a leader in this sort of field, what with being an island and all. Instead of wasting money with huge inefficient wind farms we should be investing in tidal & wave power.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.