main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The new Interactive R2-D2 ROCKS!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by gw2tulsa, Sep 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gw2tulsa

gw2tulsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Gang,

If you like toys and have about $100 to blow, I strongly suggest picking one of these puppies up.

He's big, sounds awesome and does all sorts of neat stuff. I didn't get much time to play with it this evening before Bree put Alexandra to sleep, but man its sooooo cooool. And I'm very critical of almost everything that comes from Hasbro...

This is a 9.5 out of 10 IMHO...

-Gary

2. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    So it actually works then? All the voice commands and stuff? That was the only thing i was really sceptical about. How many batteries does it take?

3. gw2tulsa

Apr 6, 2002
    4aa's and 4d's. I haven't had that much of a chance to play with him. Alex hates him about as much as Threepio :)

The voice commands are pretty easy once you get used to talking to it. You simply have to pronounce words correctly and slowly.

That being said, every once and a while he cops a real attitude and will simply not listen to you. This is not a simple matter of not processing commands, he will actually ignore you and shake his head no at you. Little bugger has just a little too much attitude for me, but its still neat...

Much better than those damn furbys and interactive Yodas. If this catches on, expect it to be worse than the cabbage patch dolls, elmos, and furbies of holidays past...

-Gary

4. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    How well does it roll on carpet?

5. gw2tulsa

Apr 6, 2002
    Pretty well on the tile and rug in the kitchen, I have yet to try it on the berber in the living room...

-Gary

6. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    If i hadn't just got a new Graphics Card two days ago i'd go get this now, but now i'll have to wait awhile... And buy lots of rechargable batteries since it takes an ass load of those.

7. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    Are those things out yet? Man I am falling behind the times hehe

8. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Yeah, I went looking for one at TRU this afternoon, but they were only taking pre-orders! :confused: :mad: :( [face_shocked] :_|
    What gives, Gary?

9. MysticTrunks01

Apr 25, 2002
    I haven't seen one yet either (not like i'm looking real hard, but no place i've been has it yet)

i bet it was a "Gary Connection" that got him one already. hehe

10. gw2tulsa

Apr 6, 2002
    Target.com baby... I've pretty much given up on finding ANYTHING in the stores around here. Buying online is sooooooo much easier, and I've come to find out, faster :)

-Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.