main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The New Issue Of Insider

Discussion in 'Literature' started by effortless_skill, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. effortless_skill

effortless_skill Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    [image=https://secure.paizo.com/image/product/magazine_issue/swinsider/71/71Cover500.jpg]

judging by the cover there is really no good stuff in this, unless you are a collector :(

2. Even__Piell

Even__Piell Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    yeah it was pretty boring... this was my first issue, so it made me think twice about suscribing to insider

3. Jedi_David

Jedi_David Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2003
    I didn't find it that great. Some interesting tidbits but wasn't very interesting as a whole.

4. effortless_skill

effortless_skill Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    you should still subscribe. it's an excellent magazine.to me this is the worst issue i have seen from them.other than that it high quality stuff.

5. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    The Collector's features aren't the only features, remember. The Last Page comic cracked me up, and I enjoyed reading about Harrison Ford and Indiana Jones. Lots of good stuff. It didn't disappoint me.

The last issue did however. They forget the "é" in "Sabé". They spelled it "Sabe". [face_plain]

Even__Piell, keep subscribing! You might also want to consider ordering back issues. Especially those with the "Who's Who" articles.

What was it called again? The CIS Shadowfeed? Well that section interested me as always. It's great reference for fanfics.

6. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Yeah. Don't base your thoughts on any given issue. SWI rocks! There wasn't any fiction in this issue, or the next one saddly, but some of those issues are great!. If anything, read the Holonetnews articles...

7. Even__Piell

Even__Piell Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    I've got a year's subscription, so 7 more issues to decide if it's worth it or not :)

8. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    A collectors themed issue? Horrray! I'm a collector. :)

9. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Good for you. There's something for everyone in this magazine.

10. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I was disapointed that it didn't have a short story in it, but the Indiana Jones stuff almost made up for it.

11. Jedi_David

Oct 6, 2003
    They need to do a "Women of Star Wars" issue in the future.

12. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    It's got Indy stuff!? Oh, goody goody goody goody!! I'll have to pick it up while I'm in town tomorrow.

13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Holonet and Shadowfeed are always the most interesting parts to me, but this issue wasn't too bad overall..perhaps having the last few issues containing short stories had skewed my expectations of an issue a little though.

14. indigovic

indigovic Star Wars Fan Club star 1 VIP

Mar 26, 2003
    There are really two themes for the issue - Collecting, and Indiana Jones. But don't overlook that "First New Photos from the Set of Episode III" skyline - there are well over a dozen photos in there.

>[In Issue 70] They forget the "é" in "Sabé". They spelled it "Sabe".<

D'oh! You can blame me for missing that. But we have a photo of Ellé and Moteé in Issue 71 to make up for it... and I made sure their names were spelled right there.

>Especially those with the "Who's Who" articles.<

You'll be pleased to know we have more of those on the way - possibly as early as issue 73.

>They need to do a "Women of Star Wars" issue in the future.<

We happen to be planning just such a theme for next year!

-Vic Wertz,
    Associate Editor,
    Star Wars Insider
    http://starwars.paizo.com/

15. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    >They need to do a "Women of Star Wars" issue in the future.<

We happen to be planning just such a theme for next year!

Awesome!

16. Jedi_David

Oct 6, 2003
    Cool Vic! Now I don't have to write a letter to Insider to inquire about it.

17. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    I want a Slave Leia centerfold. :D ;) You know what picture. That one where she's lying on her side, propped up on her elbow, resting her head on her fist. [face_love] [face_love] Ooooohhh, I love that one. It's on my computer background.

18. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, I forgot to note that I also liked having the Indiana Jones stuff in the issue- I still have my pre-Star Wars Insider-title issues when it was the Lucasfilm Fanclub, so it's nice to see more Indy content ::)

Now, if only we could get more on Willow and the FX of Howard the Duck's Dark Overlords... ::)

19. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Thanks for the heads up Mr. Wertz. I love SWI...as does my 6 year old son. He accidently ripped the cover of my issue #70 and cried because he was so upset about it. I told him that it was all right, just to try to be more careful in the future. My 7 year old daughter loves to see the pictures of the women actresses (i.e. Padme and Leia).

BTW, I've been getting the OSWFC mag ever since Bantha Tracks...the original Bantha Tracks. :)

20. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Thanks Vic! It'll be great to see the Who's Who section again.

I have to say that a major EU bit seems to have been missed entirely by the board: the first prequel-era appearance of Mon Mothma. What took them so long? ;)

TC

21. DoubleSith

DoubleSith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2002
    Considering that the HNN articles are written by Pablo Hidalgo, whom we know has not only read the script for Episode III, but was present during the filming, I think it's safe to say we're going to get a lot of first appearances and little tidbits in the months to come. I wonder when we'll get more info on the General of the Separatist Army mentioned in this month's issue? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.