main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The New JC Democratic Primary

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by General Kenobi , Feb 6, 2004.

?

The New JC Democratic Primary

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Wesley Clark

9.1%
  2. Howard Dean

22.7%
  3. John Edwards

20.5%
  4. John Kerry

47.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
  2. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Sorry for having to repost this.

Let me make this clear: This is a serious poll for picking who you like the best as a Democratic presidential candidate.

If you want in depth discussion, go to the Senate.

If you are looking for "fluff humor", go to the YJCC.

As I've said before, if you don't like any of these choices because you plan to vote for another party's candidate, wait for a general election poll.

3. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I voted for John Edwards, as I believe that he offers a youthful, optimistic, sincere, energetic, hopefull message.

4. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    Kerry is the only one with the experience to beat Bush. At least in my eyes.

5. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    KUCINICH!

6. LiteraryGeniusIV

LiteraryGeniusIV Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 20, 2003
    Howard Dean is my personal favorite and I agree with him the most, but as of right now my support is going to Kerry, as I think he has a better chance of defeating Bush.

7. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    John Edwards on Letterman: "Read my lips! No new wardrobe malfunctions!"

8. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Kerry. He's not my ideal candidate (I don't like that he hunts, for instance), but he's the only one who could beat Bush.

9. QuanarReg

QuanarReg Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2002
    It is surprising how fast people change from one candidate to another.

Two months ago, it was Dean, Dean, Dean. Everyone loved this guy. A majority of Democrats supported his nomination.

Now two months later. Kerry, Kerry, Kerry.

10. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I agree with SotS.

11. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Kerry can beat Bush and that is good enough. I don't agree with some of his personal stuff but I don't care. A monkey is better then Bush!

No but I like Kerry the most of them.

12. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    QuanarReg,

Very good point. I was afraid Dean was going to end up being the candidate. While I agree with some of his views and ideas, I still feel John Kerry is the most qualified to beat Bush and should be the candidate.

People are getting it right when it counts, which leads me to believe they will make the right choice come November.

13. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    John Kerry, easily.

14. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I really don't think Kerry can beat Bush, but people will say that because they're scared to vote for the real change that Edwards can offer. Everybody wants an outsider, someone with a different vision, and that's OK for governors like Ventura or Schwarzenegger. But when it comes to national politics, people will chicken out and settle for the status quo, which would be either Bush or Kerry. It's quite a shame. We finally have a chance to try something new and it won't happen. Then in another 4 or 8 years, Edwards will be just another Washington insider.

15. Warriorpoet

Warriorpoet Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2001
    I think were going to see a Kerry/Edwards ticket. Kerry, I think can take Bush.(Especially if Bush stuffs his foot in his mouth on Meet the Press this Sunday.) And Edwards would be a big asset with the southern states and younger voters, he needs a little more experience before he tries for the Big Show. If they can turn this mess around that Bush has made, 8 years as VP would make Edwards more creditable for the job in 2012.

16. QuanarReg

Aug 17, 2002
    Even though I'm a Republican, and probably don't belong in this thread. I just have to say that I'd never just vote for someone becuase they have the best chance of winning.

I'm not that sadly partisan. I vote for who I believe in.

17. Darth_Deagol

Darth_Deagol Jedi Master star 2

Dec 22, 2002
    Clark!

See sig.

He's the man. He'll make Bush look like a fool. Well, any of them could I just think that Clark would make Bush really really look like a fool.

Sans Clark I'll take Edwards for the nomination; the guy was a trial lawyer for heaven's sake! I would love to see him and President Doofus in a debate.

In fact a Edwards-Clark or Kerry-Clark ticket would be fine with me too.

The only thing that really has me worried is that the last time the Democrats ran a Massachussets(sp) Senator against a popular standing president he got trashed. Remember Dukakis anyone? That scares me away from Kerry.

18. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Looks like Kerry has one the Michigan and Washington caucuses.

Suprisingly, Howard Dean was 2nd in both. Suprised at the drop of John Edwards, however, I think he is still playing strongly for the VP slot.

19. TripleB

TripleB Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2000
    [edit: Apparently you didn't read my post above.]

20. QuanarReg

Aug 17, 2002
    "Michigan"

I wouldn't be so sure about Michigan. See, 50% of our state lives in three counties. Bush will carry the entire state, but Detriot, and still loose.

Kind of sad that I live in the LEAST populated county.

21. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    TripleB, can you see any Democratic rival defeating GWB in November?

22. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Wow... Kerry has fallen under 50% Who would have thought that could happen.

I guess I shouldn't be suprised, as I was during the first poll when Dean eventually fluctuated under 50%.

People are fickle!

23. DARTH_CONFEDERATE

DARTH_CONFEDERATE Jedi Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    If I was going to support someone other than Bush, it would be Edwards. I would be happy if he were president, I would still prefer Bush though, but I can stand Edwards. I can't stand the others, especially Dean, Kerry, and Sharpton. Sharpton is a joke. Can he really be serious? He ran for pres. in '70 and couldn't raise two dollars. He ran for state senate in New York, couldn't win anything. He then ran for U.S. Senate from NY, didn't win anything. Why does he now try president again? Nobody likes him except the NAACP. But here I voted for Edwards.

24. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Hmm... John Kerry drops further, whilst Dean and Edwards are both equal second on 25% each...

25. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Senator John F. Kerry has won both Tenessee and Virginia Primaries. Looks like now that fmr. General Wesley Clark will drop out of the race.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.