main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The New Jedi Order Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Clone_of_Maul, Jul 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trickster_Solo

Trickster_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2002
    me like the NJO. Liked that there are many diffrent writers.

2. Jedi_Skye

Jedi_Skye Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    I thoroughly enjoy the NJO. Sure there are a few slow books, but the majority have been really good. I enjoy reading about the Solo children and was really upset when they killed Anakin, but.... I hope they continue with new SW books post-NJO. I want to read about Ben when he grows up. I hope they don't end it there! :D

3. jedi_master_ikrit

jedi_master_ikrit Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2002
    How can anyone let a thread like this sink so far down? Do people not like the NJO or something? I know I do.

4. Trickster_Solo

Sep 2, 2002
    The NJO is good. This is a good thread to discuss everything in general about the NJO me thinks :)

5. Trickster_Solo

Sep 2, 2002
    What, am I alone in here?

6. Jedi_Skye

Jun 10, 2002
    I just got through reading Traitor this afternoon. I loved it! Gives you a lot to think about. But I'm glad Jacen is on his way back to his family. :D

7. JohnWilliamsFan

JohnWilliamsFan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 1, 2002
    I love the NJO! Its the first realistic Star Wars series, in my opinion. The Thrawn Trilogy came close, but this is better! The NJO is the first Star Wars series that has thrown me for a curve - you never know whats going to happen next, because heros will die - and that I like!

8. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    I agree....the NJO has more charcter development than most of the other EU novels.....we see the characters in full, not just their good-pilot side or their fantastic-Jedi side, you know what I mean? The NJO authors are veyr talented....they get inside the characters' heads really well.

-JSD

9. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    I just read this WHOLE thread! I love the NJO BOOKS! I Especially agree with the last couple of Posts. The NJO series has really fleshed out our heoros much more so than in previous novels(The Thrawn Trilogy being the Best in that regard until now!) I couldn't even guess which is my favorite book.I read Traitor in 2 1/2 days! It's definitely one of my Fav's & I don't understand the Big contraversy on Jacen's Newfound "Point of View" of the Force. I think this is where Jacens Story arc was going all along, to a New understanding of the Force!,Jacens Great,Vergere gets annoying sometimes though! Sorry, It's my 1st post on the NJO stories and lets just say I've read too much negativity on the subject(not here) and I'm fed up!Love Everybody,Jacen,Anakin,Jaina,Han,Luke,Mara,Leia.In it's own way every NJO novel has been Very Good IMHO. Sure sometimes I'm hoping for a story that involves Most if not all of our Favorite characters, and I get a book that focuses mainly on Jaina(Dark Journey) or Anakin(Conquest),Traitor too, but I wound up enjoying those stories alot more than I would have thought initially & Novels like SBS & BP involved just about everybody. Sorry, I have a bad habit of writing very long posts!
    Another thing I love is the use of all these old characters from ALL over the EU popping up, It's Great! One of my favorite parts of Traitor was Anakin's Ghost counseling Jacen, To me that Really harkened back to the O.T.,Same with Vergere's mention of The Chosen One! The series started with such a bang!(Chewie Nooooo!!),But I found myself Loving Vector Prime ANYWAY! At this point, Yes "OUR" GFFA is in shambles, but it's So well written & Scary & Nerve racking(Who Dies Next? What Planet's next?!)! Again just IMHO. We've lost alot of Great characters and if you disagree that some weren't great,Alot of characters died very honorable, if SAD deaths.Chewie, Anakin, Borsk(Imagine that!),Ganner,Lots of Young,Brave Jedi.The writers have done an Excellent job showing the growth of everyone and making you feel a little differently about some of them, EVEN liking some you used to hate!It's been quite a rollercoaster! GOTTA WAIT OVER A WHOLE MONTH FOR DESTINY'S WAY!AAAAAHHHHHHH!! Thank goodness I was able to Download the New Ebook(Ylesia) to tide me over.Too bad I'll be done with it Very soon(Alot of Action,Pretty good Story), It's only about 100 pages.Also Loved BP,SBS,DT1 & 2 ,All of them really. I also think the YV & their warriors,shapers,etc are VERY interesting & Creepy Villains, different from the old ,but Cool! BTW I believe Ben was the PERFECT name for Luke & Mara's child, Love it!!Sorry again the Post is so long, Had alot to get off my chest! I'll be quiet now & go finish reading Ylesia!
    P.S. Proud Member of Mara Jade Fan Club(She's a little under used in NJO,but she Kicked butt in RebelDream & RebelStand along with Luke & Tahiri!Especially that Early mission w/ Anakin in AOC? I think it was)
    M.J. Haters ... Flame me if you Must.
    VERY LONG POSTS!! O.K. O.K. Sorry again I'll shut up now LGM

10. Jedi_Skye

Jun 10, 2002
    I don't see what's so controversial about Jacen's newfound understanding of the Force. But I guess it will depend on how the other Jedi, esp. Luke, will take it. I like Vergere, though her methods are odd. She needs to find a better way to train someone! I've always thought of the Force as being neither good or evil. I think it's all in how someone uses the Force.

11. -Morgaine-

-Morgaine- Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2002
    I liked how they explained the Force in Traitor. It's the same for occult religion's

12. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    I like all the NJO books. Actually, I have all of them :D

I found Jacen annoying before he was captured. Now Traitor's out, I've read Traitor, and I guess he's okay. Vergere ... is weird. I didn't really like her ... all those blasted circular arguments gave me a headache.

But I still liked the book. I'll give Vergere a chance, because she DOES know her stuff.

EDIT: Spelling

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.