main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive ~The New Jedi Order: Jedi Academy~

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Mr_Sith, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlamingBladeSaber

FlamingBladeSaber Jedi Master star 2

May 14, 2005
    IC: Zukaam. Yavin IV, Jedi Academy.

Zukaam's head began buzzing with fear, who would he be paired up with, what about if it were someone he hadn't befreinded yet? He wasn't going to let it spoil his first session of training thought, he wasn't ready, but he might aswell let the education sink in while he was listening.

"Zuukam, you will be dueling with Sierra."

Looked looked up at the pair, Zukaam suddenly felt himself go all weak. He didn't like the fact he had to spar a girl, he would just be too careful not to hold back, he heard force-using feminines were extremely hasty with a lightsaber.

"Brittany, you'll be paired up with Wren. And Ta'Izz, you'll be paired with Vaughn."

He found this simple to imagine, Britt had spent quite a lot of time chatting to them, therefore he probably wouldn't feel as nervous about sparring with his freinds. Zukaam hardly knew Sierra, but he hoped to learn more about her after sparring, she seemed kind enough after all. Knowing that Sierra had seen a lightsaber long before Zukaam had, he was almost sure nothing could go wrong.

"Now, for our first part of saber training, we will work on the basics. Parrying, and attacking. For our first parry, a directive from Form I lightsaber combat, you bring the blade down to the middle of your thigh, parralel to the ground, like this."

He removed a training lightsaber from the nearby bench and took a nice glimpse of the shining weapon before his eyes. It had black patterns for gripping, seemingly nice to grab a firm hold of. The big red button were for activation of the weapon which as he pressed, sprung the weapons blade to life, the blue shining blade emerged.

Zukaam practiced the movement, executing the instruction in a matter of seconds.

"Now, this time, your fellow duelist will bring their saber down vertically, to make contact with yours. Try to get a feel for energy against energy."

Luke's words echoed through the chamber. Zukaam nodded to Sierra.

"Okay, shoot Sierra, I'm ready." Zukaam allowed her, as he got himself into a defensive position with his saber at his side, activated.

TAG: Mainly Sierra. Luke and everyone else.

2. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    IC as Vaughn Serratt

Yavin IV

"...And Ta'Izz, you'll be paired with Vaughn." that brought Vaughn crashing back to reality. He was to duel with an alien female? His upbringing had been devoid of both elements... now he was going to spar with one.

The thought made him slightly uncomfortable. Though he lacked the anti-alien sentiments of your typical Imperial... Aliens had started the Clone Wars, thus they were not to be fully trusted. He shook his head slightly, none of that mattered now.

Taking up one of the training sabers he faced Ta'Izz. "Hello, I'm Vaughn its nice to meet you." he said as he activated the saber. The hum of the silver blade filled the air. "If you'd like you may begin... I'm somewhat skilled in the art of swordsmanship." His tone of voice was friendly as he masterfully kept his discomfort hidden, physically and more importantly through the force.

His blade hovered in between the two as Vaughn felt for the center of gravity. This weapon was much different than a Vibrosword, the blade was wieghtless while the hilt was pretty heavy. A kind smile made his handsome face positively delightful to look at, at least for a human female.

TAG: Ktala; others

3. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    Sierra was surprised. She just started talking to this guy for a few seconds. She saw it though as an opportunity to get to know another person. She was paired up with him, and he didn't seem to bad. She really wasn't older than him,he was actually a year older than her.

Well at least I'm not with a shabby guy. This should be quite interesting. I usually do socialize with the men better as I was raised around them. I've never been all too much of a girlie girl and thank goodness for that. He probably underestimates me though. Oh well, I'll have to show him what I got

Sierra shrugged it off and was quite pumped actually. She didn't feel nervous at all and was quite excited now. She felt the adrenaline racing through her skin and bones. This would be very enthralling.

Sierra had the lightsaber in her hand and she was glad to be holding one once again. She gave a slight smile and went calm. Her eyes glared up towards Zukam (however you spell it)and she took her stance.

Tag: Sierra's partner, I'll get the name eventually lol

4. Marna_Veign

Marna_Veign Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Wren Feli, Yavin IV

Luke finally announced the pairings. "Zuukam, you will be dueling with Sierra. Brittany, you'll be paired up with Wren. And Ta'Izz, you'll be paired with Vaughn."

Wren looked at Britt and saw his shoulders drop. It was obvious he was not happy at something, and she wondered for a moment if she had done something to offend him. Then she realized it was more likely that he was upset about Luke using his name. She knew he didn't like being called Brittany. With a quick sigh, Britt stood tall again. He nervously turned to Wren and quietly stated, "He used my name."

She nodded and smiled, her expression letting him know she thought that was the problem. Luke handed out the training lightsabers and continued speaking.

"Now, for our first part of saber training, we will work on the basics. Parrying, and attacking. For our first parry, a directive from Form I lightsaber combat, you bring the blade down to the middle of your thigh, parralel to the ground, like this."

Wren swung the lightsaber down as directed a couple of times. It felt...natural to her. After doing it a couple of times, Luke spoke again.

"Now, this time, your fellow duelist will bring their saber down vertically, to make contact with yours. Try to get a feel for energy against energy."

Britt turned to Wren. "You can go first, I'll parry this time." he stated.

"Okay." Wren said to him. "Ready?" she swung her training blade down as Luke had instructed, being careful not to hit him if he missed.

tag - BSSL, others

5. FlamingBladeSaber

May 14, 2005
    IC: Zukaam. Yavin IV, Jedi Academy.

She stood defensively, covering her position quite well. The young student begun to think that she wasn't going to attack first so he raised his burning blade of blue energy and brought it down very slowly, he didn't want to hurt her.

TAG: Sierra.

6. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Britt, Yavin IV

Britt had been relieved to see that Wren understood his plight, he never would've guessed telling people about his dislike of his name would actually turn out well...but it had.

"Okay." Wren said to him. "Ready?" she swung her training blade down as Luke had instructed, being careful not to hit him if he missed.

Britt parried Wren's swing and held the sabers together, feeling the energy pulse and exchange between the two weapons, hearing the crackle and pops of the blades touching, each desperately wanting to cut through the other but not being able to.

He looked to Wren. "Wow, I didn't realize these would be so intense." he stated in awe of the weapon.

TAG: Wren, Luke, others

-~This is no Zaku, Boy. No Zaku!~-

7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ta'izz- TJ
    Jedi Academy, Yavin IV

Luke observed his data-pad to see who would be pairing up with who. Hopefully, the students wouldn't be disappointed with the choosings.

TJ bobbed around exitedly, listening to which students had been paired up with who.

"Zuukam, you will be dueling with Sierra."

TJ grinned at Sierra.

The Jedi Master quickly brought his gaze up to look at the students. "Brittany, you'll be paired up with Wren. And Ta'Izz, you'll be paired with Vaughn."

TJ pouted, and then grinned. Brit got paired with Wren. And she..she had someone named Vaughn. But..she didnt know Vaughn, so she began to scan to see who her partner was.

Meanwhile, Luke smiled, and retrieved the training sabers. He handed them out, TJ took her, examining every part of the thing. She then moved to find her partner. She looked up when this man walked up to her.

"Hello, I'm Vaughn its nice to meet you." he said as he activated the saber. TJ nodded. "Hello, Vaughn." she said with a grin. She activated her blade as well.

The hum of the silver blade filled the air. "If you'd like you may begin... I'm somewhat skilled in the art of swordsmanship."

TJ tilted her head slightly, as she watched the young man. After she few seconds, she replied slowly. "I dont know too much about swordsmanship ... but I do make a difficult target." she said with a nod.

TJ began to move her blade slightly, seeing how it felt in her hands. It was a strange, and yet comforting feel at the same time. Vaughn smiled, as Luke spoke.

"Now, for our first part of saber training, we will work on the basics. Parrying, and attacking. For our first parry, a directive from Form I lightsaber combat, you bring the blade down to the middle of your thigh, parralel to the ground, like this." The Jedi Master demonstrated the move, while watching the others. For the most part, they got it.

TJ looked at Vaughn. "You go ahead and strike first, so I can see how it feels, if you dont mind." she asked him.

TAG: Vaughn; others

8. HandofSkywalker86

Aug 12, 2004
    IC as Vaughn Serratt

Training Room

Ta'izz looked at Vaughn. "You go ahead and strike first, so I can see how it feels, if you dont mind." she asked him.

The alien didn't seem rude, arrogant or, any of the hundred other lies that had been indoctrinated into him. She seemed just like a human... she just looked different. Still in a shadowed recess of his mind Alpha cried out for the alien's blood.

"Not at all, Ta'izzzz." he blushed slightly as he mispronounced her name. "I'll be sure to take it easy. Ready?"

After a few moments, he struck down with a speedy downward strike, nowhere near as fast as he could have but still fast enough to give an accurate feeling of plasma meeting plasma.

The feeling was strange. Unlike with a dead blade there was no momentum and you had alot of control over the blade. Definitely a weapon meant for a skilled warrior.

TAG: ktala

9. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    Wren Feli - Jedi Academy, Yavin 4

"Okay." Wren had said to Britt. "Ready?" she swung her training blade down as Luke had instructed, being careful not to hit him if he missed.

Britt parried Wren's swing and held the sabers together, feeling the energy pulse and exchange between the two weapons, hearing the crackle and pops of the blades touching, each desperately wanting to cut through the other but not being able to.

He looked to Wren. "Wow, I didn't realize these would be so intense." he stated in awe of the weapon.

Wren held her weapon firm, also amazed at the lightsaber. "I've never seen what happens when lightsabers contact each other." she said. She held her weapon against his a moment longer, then pulled it away. "Ready to 'attack' me?" she asked.

tag - BSSL, others

10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ta'Izz - TJ
    Training Room

Ta'izz looked at Vaughn. "You go ahead and strike first, so I can see how it feels, if you dont mind." she asked him.

"Not at all, Ta'izzzz." he blushed slightly as he mispronounced her name. "I'll be sure to take it easy. Ready?" TJ nodded that she was.

After a few moments, he struck down with a speedy downward strike, nowhere near as fast as he could have but still fast enough to give an accurate feeling of plasma meeting plasma.

Wow. The blades sparked when they hit each other, and she had to double her grip. With it being so light, it was amazing the diffrence you felt when you actually hit something. But it was lighter than dealing a regular blade. But the handle...had a motion that took getting used to. She let Vaughn hit her blade a few more times, before she pulled back her own.

"You mind if I hit yours now? I think Im getting the feel for this thing." she said with a grin. "Oh..and call me TJ." she added, as she swung her blade around a few times. It really felt so...diffrent that what she had imagined. She remembered the stories her people told her of the old Jedi from her people. TJ could imagine holding her blade. As she looked up the length of the blade, she sighed. She already saw she would need to adjust her hold slightly. She had no wish to hit her own montrels. At least, due to her abilities, she received plenty of warning of such things, and that helped alot. Though it was a very strange sensation. She adjusted her arm slightly, as she waited to see if Vaughn was ready for her blade now.

TAG: Vaughn, anyone who might chat during training...

11. HandofSkywalker86

Aug 12, 2004
    IC as Vaughn Serratt

Training Room, Yavin IV

Vaughn hit her blade a few more times, before she pulled back her own. I hope we can move onto more interesting stuff soon. He had been trained in the Imperial elite dueling academy.

The feeling of the lightsaber was strange. The center of gravity was a bit odd as was the hold you had to apply. But Vaughn had always been a quick study and with time he would master this weapon. His confidence came from the fact that he had mastered every other weapon he had ever been in contact with for a prolonged period.

"You mind if I hit yours now? I think Im getting the feel for this thing." she said with a grin. "Oh..and call me TJ." Well at least she's social.

He breathed a sigh of relief, TJ was much easier to pronounce than Ta'Izz. Well at least he hadn't insulted her. Afterall some aliens were said to be easily offended. He thought with a slightly disturbed track in his mind: Yet more Imperial propaganda.

"Go ahead." he said returning her grin. "Remember that balance is key." he finished adding a small tip. He placed his Silver blade in the correct position and awaited her 'attack'. His genetically engineered muscles flexed slightly in preparation of the blow.

12. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ta'Izz - TJ

"You mind if I hit yours now? I think Im getting the feel for this thing." she said with a grin.

"Go ahead." he said returning her grin. "Remember that balance is key." he finished adding a small tip. He placed his Silver blade in the correct position and awaited her 'attack'. His genetically engineered muscles flexed slightly in preparation of the blow.

TJ nodded in understanding. She took a stance that Master Skywalker had shown them eariler, and then she began to hit his blade. At first, it felt very strange, and the vibrations traveled up her arm making her grin, as she rubbed her arm.

She increaded the speed and strength slightly, until she felt more comfortable with the strikes. At least these were training sabers. That thought made playing around with them much more easier. She felt her confidence build with each hit. After a few moments, she stopped.

"I know a bit of staff fighting, So I can at least block. Want to try a slightly faster pace?" she asked him, as she twirled the blade, feeling its weight.

Tag: Vaughn

13. HandofSkywalker86

Aug 12, 2004
    IC as Vaughn Serratt

Training Room, Yavin IV

"I know a bit of staff fighting, So I can at least block. Want to try a slightly faster pace?" she asked him, as she twirled the blade, feeling its weight. He was now getting use to the odd aspects of saber combat. It wasn't so different from a Vibrosword afterall.

"That sounds like fun." he said while sending a dazzling smile her way. Finally a bit more than this kid stuff. He took several deep breaths centering himself in preparation of the bout.

"Well since its your idea you can have the first move." he said congenially. His fell into a defensive stance training saber out in front of him, prepared for her.

He was interested in her abilities. Though he was trained fighter it was always good to encounter different levels of expertise. Perhaps he could give her some advice as well.

He was calm and in the moment. In his mind there was absolutely no way that he could lose this little excercise. It was one of his faults he was ultracompetitive. To lose even in practice was unacceptable.

TAG: ktala; others

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ta'Izz - TJ

"I know a bit of staff fighting, So I can at least block. Want to try a slightly faster pace?" she asked him, as she twirled the blade, feeling its weight.

"That sounds like fun." he said while sending a dazzling smile her way. TJ smiled back. "OK."

"Well since its your idea you can have the first move." he said congenially. His fell into a defensive stance training saber out in front of him, prepared for her.

TJ settled into a offence stance. Her eyes narrowed slightly, as she began to concentrate, using both her natural abilities, and the force to attune herself.

She then let loose with 3 very fast volleys, trying to get past his defense. After the third shot, she stepped back, waiting for his attack.

TAG: Vaughn

15. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Britt, Yavin IV

"I've never seen what happens when lightsabers contact each other." she said. She held her weapon against his a moment longer, then pulled it away. "Ready to 'attack' me?" she asked.

Britt chuckled as he moved his own saber out of the defense position. "Well, considering you 'attacked' me first...I guess it's time for some payback." he joked around, giving a wink. This was the first time he felt comfortable enough to joke around in a long time. It was a good feeling.

Waiting for Wren to ready herself, he raised his saber and then slowly came down, not sure enough in his aiming to put any force behind it. But this was just to get the feeling for the blade touching another blade anyway. They weren't actually supposed to be comfortable in 'attacking' their fellow students.

TAG: Wren, anyone else

16. HandofSkywalker86

Aug 12, 2004
    IC as Vaughn Serratt

Training Room, Yavin IV

TJ settled into a offence stance. Her eyes narrowed slightly, as she began to concentrate, using both her natural abilities, and the force to attune herself.

She then let loose with 3 very fast volleys, trying to get past his defense. Vaughn caught each strike deftly on his lightsaber, the force gave his already impressive muscles the speed necessary to stop each one.

After the third shot, she stepped back, waiting for his attack. He intended to oblige. He sent a two handed strike towards her midsection. He put his superior strength behind the blow intending to force her own blade to touch her.

They were training sabers afterall. And TJ needed to understand the precepts of fighting when faced with a superior opponent. His well balanced base and his calm breathing assured him of readinesss should TJ manage a reposte

17. Kalio_Dynkos

Kalio_Dynkos Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2004
    Kahsa Neebo
    Training Room

The older initiate stood nearby with his arms crossed as the first batch of students were prepared for their lesson in using lightsabers. Some were obviously enthralled at holding weapons with such heritage. Within each cylinder was the hopes of a Jedi.

Interesting.

TAG:Anyone, Mr_Sith

OOC:Sorry this is so short. Just trying to insert him back in the situation. I will be home for a few more days before leaving again, but I wanted Kahsa to be sure that he was still active in the scenery.

18. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ta'izz - TJ
    Training Room, Yavin IV

TJ let loose with 3 very fast volleys, trying to get past his defense. Vaughn caught each strike deftly on his lightsaber, the force gave his already impressive muscles the speed necessary to stop each one. After the third shot, she stepped back, waiting for his attack.

She did not have to wait long. Vaughn sent a two handed strike towards her midsection. Her warning senses when off as he moved, which put her at a moment of confusion. His strike hit hard upon her blade, as the vibrations that traveled up her arm were almost painful. She quickly relized the danger to her, as the blades neared her body. She had been unprepared for such a violent blow, so she did the only thing she could do. She moved backwards, avoiding most of the blade, but not all of it. Her eyes lit up in suprise, and then shock as she felt the very warm sensation of the blade as it clipped her side. She yelped.

She gave a dark scowl. That had been on purpose. Even when she striked his blade, she made sure to aim her shots. And he was experienced. TJ's pleasant mood was replaced by several varying emotions. She drew on the force and suddenly lunged, as she moved her blade, using a move she used in staff training. She brought her blade down in an arc ment to strike from shoulder to hip..and then suddenly changed hands and did the same strike that Vaughn did, moving accross the stomach, while using both hands.

She then jumped back, out of weapons reach as she simply stared at Vaughn, her expression looking a bit sad.

TAG: Vaughn; others

19. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    Wren Feli - Jedi Academy, Yavin 4

"I've never seen what happens when lightsabers contact each other." Wren said. She held her weapon against his a moment longer, then pulled it away. "Ready to 'attack' me?" she asked.

Britt chuckled as he moved his own saber out of the defense position. "Well, considering you 'attacked' me first...I guess it's time for some payback." he joked around, giving a wink.

Wren noticed the wink, and was a bit surprised at it. A guy had never winked at her for any reason before. Could it be...NAW. she thought, preparing herself for the attack. When he slowly brought his lightsaber towards her, she blocked it as they were shown.

"This is going good for the first time, I think." she said to Britt.

tag - BSSL, others

OOC: "This was just to get the feeling for the blade touching another blade anyway. They weren't actually supposed to be comfortable in 'attacking' their fellow students."
    Why not? :p :D

Sorry. I've been under a lot of stress the last few days, the situation is resolved, and now, I'm silly and a bit giddy. I'm laughing at the smallest things, and probably will for the rest of the weekend. A side effect of stress being lifted for me, I think.

20. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    OOC: See, that post is generally why I don't post after just waking up. :oops: I tend to babble incoherently at the end of my posts. That was not the first time, and I'm sure it won't be the last. So don't say you're sorry for laughing, I laughed myself when I re-read it later that day. Glad to hear you relieved your stress, though.

Britt, Yavin IV

Britt smiled as he pulled away his blade. "Well, want to try going at a faster pace or something? I think I've got the hang of this, but just to be safe I'd let you go first again." he asked. He had noticed TJ and her partner practicing at a more intense pace than they had. Though, now that he gazed over there, he noticed that TJ looked sad for some reason.

Britt wondered what could be wrong before mentally shaking the thought away and waiting for Wren's answer.

TAG: Marna_Veign

21. FlamingBladeSaber

May 14, 2005
    OOC: Damn, seems Mertoid disappeared leaving me with no other options, any suggestions Mr. Sith?

22. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    OOC:I'm back! Sorry I didn't tell anyone I'd be on vacation for three days! Patience FlameBladeSabers lol

IC:

Sierra was wondering if Zukaam thought she was weak and pitiful because she was a woman. Sierra always wondered what people thought and she paid close attention to his facial expressions. Sierra wouldn't bother to try to read his mind for it'd be rude and disruptive.

She felt the adrenaline flowing through her. Excitement grew within her. She want to burst and start battling or something. Sierra loved the lightsaber and combat. Sierra knew she had to control her emotions though as she was training to be a Jedi, not a psychopath.

"You don't have to go all that slow. I'm not a wimp or anything. I've done this before. Should I be going slow for you though?" Sierra was getting a little arrogant now and just wanted some action and adventure now. A bright white smile crossed her mouth as her eyes glittered with the urge to go all out

Tag: FlameBladeSabers, Zukaam

23. Marna_Veign

Jan 31, 2002
    Wren Feli - Yavin 4 Jedi Academy

Britt smiled as he pulled away his blade. "Well, want to try going at a faster pace or something? I think I've got the hang of this, but just to be safe I'd let you go first again." he asked.

Like Britt, Wren noticed TJ and her partner practicing at a more intense pace than they had. She glanced at Luke to see if he would mellow things down between them, but returned her attention to Britt.

"Faster sounds good to me, but not that fast." she said, nodding her head toward TJ and her partner. "Stand ready."

With not much warning, Wren swung her lightsaber toward Britt the same way as before.

tag - BSSL, others

24. FlamingBladeSaber

May 14, 2005
    IC: Zukaam. Jedi Temple, Yavin IV.

"You don't like slow? Let's play rougher then." Zukaam said whilst pulling the lightsaber back from the defense.

He brought it up casually onto the offense and span his lightsaber beneath his arm, almost catching the corner of his robe but keeping up the pace at the same time. He then brought the blade down with more haste, if she wanted fast, she was going to get it fast. The blade sizzled through the area and split all particles of air into millions as the lightsaber came across as close to hers.

TAG: Mertroid (Sierra) - I wasn't getting impatient, just confused is all. Heh.

25. HandofSkywalker86

Aug 12, 2004
    IC as Vaughn Serratt

Training Room

Vaughn stood shaking across from TJ. What had made him do that. TJ was an admitted novice and he had launched an attack that was entirely beyond her capacity to block. He doubted whether anyone present save Master Skywalker could have escaped unscathed.

Unfortuantely Vaughn was all to aware what had prompted the advanced attack. Alpha. Though confined to a prison still held sway. His xenocidic tendencies showed themselvces at the worst of times.

He bowed his head in an apologetic gesture allowing his sincere sorrow to emit from his aura. She had to understand that Vaughn wasn't always in complete control of himself.

"I apologize TJ. That was uncalled for and I am deeply ashamed. Please forgive me." Even to his own ears the words sounded hollow. Hopefully she would at least not write him.

"If you wish to continue please feel free to vent on me... I deserve it. I give you my word that I shan't attack." he finished with something like durasteel lining his voice. He wanted, nay needed her to forgive him. However he didn't expect too much.

TAG: Ktala, others

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.